YES..There is a God...Canberra interested in Fitzy

@Mighty Tiger said:
shame they won't take him today, swap him for Dugan would be brilliant!!!!!

swap him for victor the viking and we'd still be a mile ahead!
Although if we get rid of fitzhenry it will probably allow sheens to buy back morris as we obviously need a gun halfback.

I really feel now for Fitzy…

but if it's before June 30 I'd be happy...

Surprised another club even if it's the Raiders would have a serious interest in him...must be his effect on youth...

This is seriously sad the whole way this is going down. For a man who helped us to glory in 05, to be ran out of town in 2010\. Whilst I agree with everyone's sentiment here, he currently isn't good enough to play first grade with us this season, it still is sad that it had to go down like this. He should never of been put into this uncomfortable position by Sheens, making him the laughing stock of the NRL.

I will always remember you for the slashing try in our 05 grand final win mate, though I wished you finished it there and finished on a high.

At least you can continue your donuts in the land of a thousand roundabouts.

Sheens storms into Humphreys office and slams the door, with a copy of the rugby league week rolled up in his hand….. Whats this crap Fitzhenry to the raiders??? Where is the 3 year $400 000 contract i asked you to make up for him?? Humphreys replys we don't have the cap space to fit him in Tim what more can i do... We have players that can cover him on the wing when he leaves. Sheens retorts angrily how many of these so CALLED players train as hard and are real leaders to the young guys with the experience he has we are going to be short a winger or 2 next year when i move Lote and Taniela to prop.. Humphreys replys you wont be here next year TIM!!!!

Lets hope Humphrey dosent soil his duds again as what happened when Mr Crowe had Sheens on his shopping list….we will be stuck with Fitzy till 2015

@spaceman said:
Lets hope Humphrey dosent soil his duds again as what happened when Mr Crowe had Sheens on his shopping list….we will be stuck with Fitzy till 2015

Thats only if Fitzy wants to retire in 2015\. He'll probably want to play until he's 40.

How can any team not have a young player in their ranks better than Fitz? This is truly amazing.

I suppose he will be a great replacement for when Dugan goes to Easts.. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hahaha

this post is not a Fitzy love-fest or to put him down
we all know that Fitzy will be in the team each week until TNT returns.
sadly for him he is a much maligned- scapegoat for alot of criticism.
do the people who knock him, ever actually say to him in person
whilst he may not be performing to his best at the moment, he is playing 1st grade in NRL, something more than alot on here, including myself could have ever been able to do or dream of.
that in itself deserves some credit.
if he does go to raiders next season, I wish him all the best and hope he has a great season.

He wont go, he is a tiger for life and while not the greatest he has still done OK
There are a truckload I with never wore the Black and Orange.

Probably retire

Fitzy is a better player then he gets made out to be by lots of people on here. He actually makes quite a lot of meters on the wing, is fairly safe and solid, and he is a very smart player, with great utility value and yes it is important that he has experience and trains hard and has commitment now he may not be elite but with the salary cap you need players at the bottom end of your cost structure. There are definatly worse players in the game and I actually think he has been good most weeks not great but you dont expect your number 17 to be

@westTAHger said:
whilst he may not be performing to his best at the moment, he is playing 1st grade in NRL, something more than alot on here, including myself could have ever been able to do or dream of.
if he does go to raiders next season, I wish him all the best and hope he has a great season.

I have a gut feeling that Fitzys stints recently at fullback are an indication TNT is on his way back.

Sheens is preparing Fitzy for the fullback position knowing that the wing spot will no longer be there and once the man returns that would leave Beau in the cold and possibly on his way out.

@Tigertime said:
@westTAHger said:

I have a gut feeling that Fitzys stints recently at fullback are an indication TNT is on his way back.

Sheens is preparing Fitzy for the fullback position knowing that the wing spot will no longer be there and once the man returns that would leave Beau in the cold and possibly on his way out.

Tuiaki won't be ready for awhile yet, and the Tigers have now signed Wade McKinnon effective immediately, so your gut feeling might be indigestion.

@willow said:
@Tigertime said:
@westTAHger said:

\
\
Tuiaki won't be ready for awhile yet, and the Tigers have now signed Wade McKinnon effective immediately, so your gut feeling might be indigestion.

just had my quick eze all is well with the gut feeling now

Fitzy is a Tigers legend.

He's has been just as good a servant to this club as Buckets or Skando ever were. Neither of those guys played like World beaters week in week out either. But along with Fitzy they just kept slugging away through the good times and the bad. They spent probably about 80 percent of their Careers at the Magpies and Tigers playing in losing teams. Playing in front of dud crowds at Leichardt and Campbelltown.

Those guys… along with Ben Galea, and of course Fitzy... were the solid foundation on which we built our Premiership Success. They were good, honest and hard working Clubmen. Those kind of Players don't exist anymore. Fitzy has been slugging away for the Tigers since before this forum even existed. In 2005 he did nothing short of a fantastic Job back in the days when we didn't even have enough money to AFFORD a decent winger.

Do you think Lote would've come the club back in 2004? Do you think we have the luxury of buying a Premiership every 10 years like Manly do? Fitzy played his part in getting the club to where it is today. And he is still around, helping out in any way he can. He's kept himself fit and is never injured. He put in a cracking effort against the Warriors. At 30 years of age what more can be expected from a fairly average player?

Anyways the guy went to Hull in 2008 & 2009... Nothing changed at the Tigers. We were still soft. We still didn't make the finals. We still lost too many games in a row. People still missed tackles and dropped the ball. We still lost games we could've won...

Back