Your Hobbies

Massive fan of Chris and yes it still hurts, listening to his songs will bring me to tears some days.

I still play hockey, I am in the local car club and have a 1962 XL falcon on historic rego, also try to ride my bike when I can, missed the last club ride because my battery died. I watch the A League (Sydney FC), NBL (Kings) and some AFL (Collingwood). I drink beer on the weekends, my kids are 18 and 20 and are never at home anymore.

I am well into my 60’s and have noticed a slight decline in memory function so I have just started to learn guitar and guitar/music theory to keep my mind active.

Not looking to join a band, just annoy the neighbours. Manage basic chords well enough to strum out a simple song or two and if lucky to be able to fingerpick one day.

I have also dabbled in oil painting for a couple of years. Wifey thinks I could sell some art but they would be too expensive if priced by the hour, lol.

@Sausagesorcerer said:
All the good things to look forward to. Can only hope our kids grow to love the tigers as much as we do.
That’s awesome, i dig pretty much anything Chris Cornell put out, especially Temple of the dog. His passing still hurts.

Chris and his music meant an awful lot to me, I was very lucky to see him perform many many times, including seeing Temple of the Dog twice at PJ20\. Only time I have cried at a concert was that weekend during Hunger strike and again during the "its ok" tag during Daughter by Pearl Jam. I pretty much grew up in the mosh pits around Sydney, Australia and the World.

I actually said to a mate the other day that I still miss Chris everyday, his lyrics meant so much to me and got me through so much.

"I'm looking California but feeling Minnesota"

Cornell would probably be at the top of my favourite musos.

Dimebag and James Hetfield were the reason I picked up the guitar though.

@Cultured_Bogan said:
Cornell would probably be at the top of my favourite musos.

Dimebag and James Hetfield were the reason I picked up the guitar though.

Chris was an amazing talent, I loved Layne Staley as well, but yeah Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder pretty much come out on top for me. They were my teenage years and literally saved my life. My life has an amazing soundtrack.

That's a great story. 'The Keeper' randomly came on the other day and I actually had to turn it off.
I've been very fortunate like yourself to see many bands in Australia and overseas.

I'll never forget my mates older brother going to see Pantera played with corrosion of conformity too. I was way to young to go but always wish I would of got the chance to see dime.

@Sausagesorcerer said:
That’s a great story. ‘The Keeper’ randomly came on the other day and I actually had to turn it off.
I’ve been very fortunate like yourself to see many bands in Australia and overseas.

I love 'The Keeper' shows that softer side to his voice beautifully.
Did you hear his new one that released last year? It breaks me.
https://youtu.be/06OYeGnX5C4
Ok, best concert you have seen is?

West Harbour alumni also includes wallaby Alan Ala'alatoa, former wallaby Rodney Blake & former All black Zac Guildford to name a few.

Great club the Pirates.

@Tweed_Tiger said:
Nice I enjoy my NBA also, grew up following the Bulls because of Jordan. Still a follower but have been following more sixers games lately to watch Simmons develop hopefully he hits a 3 soon…

Haven’t played warcraft in a few months but always go back for new xpacs or big patches. I am on Khaz

I do watch the NBA, I follow the Jazz, Stockton and Malone years were great, now they have a few aussies in the team, so that's good

No! First time hearing it. Really liking it.
Great film clip to.
Really hard to say, first concert I saw was parkway drive at Penrith pcyc haha. That has some nostalgia. But I'd say Testament at waken festival in 2012 that was wild.

Yes its a great club, been around now for 119 years. We are trying to do a deal with the Tigers that we allow Tigers member free entry into all the Pirates home games at Concord for free.

What do you guys think about that, free entry for the family for 4 games on a Saturday at Concord?

Good news LM. I literally live across the road from Concord - next to Dan Murphys. Hopefully the new COE will ensure that the Pirates stay in Shute Shield for another 100 years.

Up up the Pirates.

@Sausagesorcerer said:
No! First time hearing it. Really liking it.
Great film clip to.

The boy in it is Chris Cornell Jnr

My 1st concert was President of the USA at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre. lol

Best Penrith Concert was the Violent Femmes at Panthers.

Best Concert was Pearl Jam at their 20th anniversary shows at Alpine Valley in 2011.

I haven't watched a game of Super Rugby for a long time. But I do have time for local footy. Both League and Union.
I live pretty close to Manly Oval. I don't really support anyone in union but do enjoy walking 500 metres to watch a passion game of footy. Manly V the Rats is always good. The place only holds 10k but it's a great atmosphere even if only 5k turn up. Drinking beer in cans and eating snag sambos from 3-4pm , bumping in locals on a winters arvo is great.
I do have a thing for Suburban grounds.

@cochise said:
Best Penrith Concert was the Violent Femmes at Panthers.

Saw the Femmes a few years back. They opened their set with Blister in the Sun, American Music and Kiss Off. Don't think I've ever seen a better opening salvo.

Back