Your team vs The Sharks

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø at the people still naming Seytard.

Do you people watch the games or are you related to that useless heap?

If fit:

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam
4. Naden
5. Tupou
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Api
10. Pole
11. Papalli
12. Bateman
13. Fainu
14. Da Silva
15. Alex Twal
16. Kit Laulili
17. Klemmer

Based on yesterday's form and outs due to injury, I think this is the best we can do;

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Declan Casey
4. Solomona Faataape
5. Junior Tupou
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. John Bateman
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Asu Kepaoa
16. Alex Twal
17. Samuela Fainu

*Olam, Naden, Toa, Latu Fainu are all out due to injury.
*If we are serious, and Benji wants to send a message, Seyfarth and Sullivan must be dropped. There were other poor performers but, if you watched KOE Cup, there is no one who deserves promotion + we can't make wholesale changes after one game.

I get why many of you are picking Pole in the starting side, but he's much better off the bench. Just about the only thing going well for us is when Pole comes on after 20 and starts to have an impact. As a starting player he tends to get bogged down and tired. I think it's just his size and style of play. He can do it, you're just giving up much better impact off the bench. I also don't want to mentally scar him with all the mediocrity of the game, making him trek back under the goalposts again and again as the opposition pushes through us. Let him come on and go hard for as long as he can, his job being to wind up as many times as possible and then get him off when too tired. He can be a really good 40 minute player for us, and hopefully not fall in to the loser mentality these players have. It's the one real positive asset in our side.

I'd be looking at Samuela for the 13 this week. He has the athleticism, physicality and ball skills to go 80 at 13, and I'd prefer the lock to be able to go for 80. I don't think Pole can do that yet. Both options are probably more the third prop style lock player, but I think we need that at the moment.

Klemmer and Twal need to do a better job of leading the line speed in the defensive line. Too often it's Api up on his own. They're fit and big enough to really lift this team and I have hope that they can.

Not sure what it is with Topou he doesnā€™t look interested, looks like he will drop the football most carries when he gets involved and not sure why we persist with him when he is leaving. Lobb for Topou!

Toa got injured, again not interested in tackling hard, hopefully Olam comes in!

Seyfarth wow should go back to NSW cup!

I would bring pole to start 13 and maybe Klemmer back to bench.

The way we are going Pole will sign with the Storm and Stephano will leave to wherever.

Freddy on the footy show said be patient, very hard when we have been so crap for so long

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam/Casey (talk that Olam could be back)
4. Faataape
5. Tupou
6. Galvin
7. Sezar
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Ice
12. Bateman
13. Twal

14. Bud
15. Fainu
16. Pole
17. Matamua

- We really have no good options in the backs and Lobb was poor in Cup
- Sezar has to start and control the tempo giving more space to Galvin and Bula
- Seyfarth dropped, Twal to start as he has little impact off the bench and can help the team focus on defence for the first 20/25
- Bud to be told to focus on running game and provide impact at 14
- Pole has to stay on the bench and be our Spencer Leinu providing impact
- Fainu stays on the bench to add to that impact (can cover 2nd row if any injuries)
- Matamua to play the ball playing 13 we have been missing, but off the bench once the sting is out of the game a bit

1. Bula
  2. Staines
  3. Olam
  4. Faataape
  5. Tupou
  6. Galvin
  7. Sezer
  8. Stefano
  9. Api
  10. Klemmer
  11. Papaliā€™i
  12. Bateman
  13. Matamua/Twal
  14. Sullivan
  15. Pole
  16. Twal/Matamua
  17. Sam Fainu

1. Bula
2. Tupou
3. Olam
4. Faatape
5. Staines
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Twal
11. Ice
12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. Simpkin
15. Klemmer
16. Fainu
17. Matamua (Play 50ish minutes at lock)

On notice Tupou, Staines, Klemmer. Focus on line speed in defence this week.

Bula
Staines
Olam
Faatape
Naden
Galvin
Sezer
Seyfarth
Bateman
Paps
Stefano
Api
Twal

Klemmer
Pole
Fainu
Sullivan
Can't believe some still picking Sullivan near the 1st grade side?
He was given excuses, leeway, in the trial against St George, but found a way to get even worse t
Bula
Staines
Olam
Faatape
Naden
Galvin
Sezer
Seyfarth
Bateman
Paps
Stefano
Api
Twal

Klemmer
Pole
Fainu
Sullivan

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam (if fit) otherwise Faataape
4. Tupou
5. Lobb
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Twal

14. Simpkin
15. Pole
16. Sa. Fainu
17. Matamua

18. Kepaoa

Real shame that Sione Fainu is injured, as I think he would have been in line to get a crack off the bench.

Sullivan needs to practise what Benji wants him to do playing at 7. I dont think a bench spot will help him develop his game.
Why does everybody pick Bateman please tell me anything he does that helps the team.

Because he is going to be in the 17. One of our highest paid players. Would love to say Cam Murray or Tito but itā€™s just not gonna happenā€¦.
I dont care how much hes getting paid hes a liability.Give Pole arun in the backrow at least he runs hard.

Id like to see Pole as a edge backrower with his power i think hed be a weopon.Hes to small for prop but perfect for running wide in the backrow
aLa Kikouw(cant spell it).
It was tried last year and didnā€™t work. In theory he should be great there but we donā€™t use our backrowers well now so would probably be a waste.

Looking at Galvins defensive stats fills me with hope. What a defensive debut!
22 tackles, 95% tackle efficiency and no missed tacklesā€¦ in his first grade debut pumping out 80 mins.

To me this is better news than the score line yesterday and I would swap one for the other.

Also, Iā€™m not keen on lots of changes. Reality is we need stability to allow our spine to click. These first 12 games are not about winning. They are about building an understanding of how players work together in defence and how they attack together

Latest posts

Members online

Back