YuuTiger

Long_Distance_Tiger

I'd be interested on feedback from anyone who has signed up to YuuTiger.

I signed up earlier this week and, so far, I'm quite UNDERwhelmed by the whole concept.
I downloaded some audio to use as a ringtone on my phone and have spent many wasted hours trying to fjgure out how to convert it from a song to a ringtone. As you can probably tell I'm not very techno savvy and still haven't figured it out!! Also, where is all the in-depth stuff?? As far as I can tell there are a few interviews with Molz, a few player pics, cheerleaders rubbish and a few audio files.

I'm happy to support the Club whenever possible, but if YuuTiger doesn't improve within a couple of months I'll be opting out :cry:

Joined Tuesday, quit Tuesday.. lol lost $6.60
Seemed very basic and didnt want to pay extra for internet costs..

You're probably smarter than me - I'll give it a couple of months to see if it gets better. That'll be $13.20 less for the kids to inherit

Yeh i joined a few days ago, nothing too recent to offer yet but i'll definetly give it a few months. Seeing i didn't manage to get membership this season i don't mind the 6.60 month for now. Any $$ Tigers way is all good.

Does anyone know the percentage of the $6.60 the Wests Tigers actually receive?

I haven't signed up, but with these new marketing ploys, it may take a little while for some decent content to roll out while they are getting it off the ground.

Real coup: Tigers can call on Spanish giants for help
DANIEL LANE
July 18, 2010

THE Wests Tigers have forged - through smart phone technology - a relationship with Spanish football giants Real Madrid that's expected to result in an exchange of innovative ideas between the two clubs.

Tigers general manager of marketing Brett Clarke met Pedro Duarte Gonzalez, Real Madrid's global head of mobile marketing, in Sydney during the week to discuss the European club's approach to smart phone applications.

The Tigers recently launched YuuTiger, a smart phone application that is available on Australia's five carriers and can be accessed by 1500 phone handset models. Clarke believes subscriptions at $6.60 a month have the potential to earn the club more than they gain from a major sponsor.

Real Madrid are acknowledged as a market leader in this new form of communication, and Clarke enjoyed what he described as a frank and open exchange of ideas with Duarte Gonzalez.

''What was really exciting was realising the potential globalisation of the brand,'' Clarke said. ''It doesn't matter where you are in the world, a Real Madrid - or West Tigers fan, now - can access the club's application. Real Madrid has 50,000 subscribers in Spain, and 200,000 in Saudi Arabia. And the smart phone market is growing by 50 per cent a year, so it won't be too long before most people have one - and they're our audience. Who knows what markets we'll open.

''We've struck an informal relationship [with Real Madrid] and have an understanding where we can share ideas.

''They have the best practice for this technology in the world and we want to learn from them.''

As NRL clubs investigate new income streams, the Tigers identified fans being able to download information on the players, the team's training methods, cheerleaders, video diaries, ringtones and answering machine messages featuring the voices of their players, coaching clinics, comedy skits, television-style panel shows, players interviewing each other, interactive games, screensavers, player profiles and statistics as a potential gold mine.

''One of the exciting things to come from speaking with Pedro Duarte Gonzales was learning about a platform they've built that allows a Real Madrid fan to play a penalty shoot-out game against a Manchester United supporter in real time,'' Clarke said. ''It means someone on a bus is playing against someone sitting in a coffee shop in another country. It is exciting and amazing. And it's available in the palm of your hand.''

"As NRL clubs investigate new income streams, the Tigers identified fans being able to download information on the players, the team's training methods, cheerleaders, video diaries, ringtones and answering machine messages featuring the voices of their players, coaching clinics, comedy skits, television-style panel shows, players interviewing each other, interactive games, screensavers, player profiles and statistics as a potential gold mine."
\
\
I look forward to the day when all this stuff is available because it certainly isn't there yet. All that's there at the moment is info on cheerleaders (not really necessary), a couple of ringtones (which I haven't been able to download to my iphone) and a few player interviews. Still not impressed but I'll give it another month.

It's a catch 22 as the club doesn't want to waste time / money on things that nobody is watching but nobody is going to watch if there is no content.

I for one am going to hold off as I already have access to the members area of the website that has little extra content then the main website anyway, so wasn't filled with hope for the mobile stuff.

They were pushing it pretty hard at Leichhardt Oval on Monday night. Almost signed up just to enter the prize draw since I thought the odds would be fairly decent! They were also offering a free download for every try, thankfully for anyone who signed up not every goal.

I've signed up and i actually quite enjoy it. I have almost used my credits for the first month - glad the tries from Monday will give me some more.

Well I subscribed on July 7 but haven't seen anything since. What is supposed to happen?

Florrie, i think the easiest way to get the new stuff is to go the web version and download to your phone that way, the address is http://www.yuutiger.com and you can see everything. There are heaps more downloads available on the site that you see on the mobile i think.

From what i saw last week they had about 5 video interviews in the sheds after the Titans match with Galloway, Benji, Ayshford and some others. Lote did a funny segment with Hino about being the king of the cafes.

The part i like is the screensaver/wallpapers which is using my credits, but these are updated just about everu second day and are easy to see on both the mobile and website versions. These are good cos i change my wallpaper with a different player based on their form etc. or who i am hoping will have a big gfame that night.

It's probably not quite the Crystal Ball, but during the match i changed one over to Blake Ayshford and he scored a try within one minute - i might change every 5mins next game and see if it has the same effect or change to Benji each time he is attempting to kick a goal - if that works then this is worth every cent. I will try it from the next game.

I REALLY LIKE IT AND IT IS ONLY $6 A MONTH WHICH IS REALLY NOT MUCH - I BUY THE PAPER AND SEARCH THE WEB FORE LESS TIGERS CONTENT.

ALTHOUGH IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE THE USERS/FANS TIME TO GET USED TO IT AND HOW TO USE AND I THINK THE CLUB WILL GET THIS BETTER OVER TIME TO BE A GREAT CONCEPT - WELL DONE TO THE CLUB.

I joined when it first started up and found it had a couple of useful photos, some music and interviews but none of it was much to encourage continued membership so I let it go. Will see whethert it improves this year before considering rejoining although it would want to improve a fair bit.

Latest posts

Members online

Back