GNR4LIFE
Well-known member
It isn’t. That clause is apparently the hold up.If it was clear cut it would have been announced by now.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It isn’t. That clause is apparently the hold up.If it was clear cut it would have been announced by now.
So they obviously still want to pursue the club after he leaves.It isn’t. That clause is apparently the hold up.
Sounds like we have the upper hand here. Double the size of the transfer fee while they agree to the deal. Also I’d be leveraging clear cut player tampering here for a player that was not able to speak with other clubs until November 1. The bullying claims are noted but irrelevant it seems as Canterbury clearly want him immediately. If that is the case, make them beg.It isn’t. That clause is apparently the hold up.
Yes this is 24 hours oldLooks like nothing new to me?
The dogs would have paid over 750. You'll just never hear about it as it destroys the narrative.
24 hours in the NRL media is a life time lolYes this is 24 hours old
This is the type of speculation Moses wants about our club. Don’t buy in.There seems to be a group of players who are supporting him within the tigers.. but others who can't stand him.. wtf is going on.. I really want to know what the dirt is on the bullying claims that we don't want to get out
Some of the bulldogs players should needle him. See if his ego gets the better of him so he starts talking.Lachlan Galvin’s bombshell move hinges on one contract clause
Lachlan Galvin’s blockbuster switch to an NRL rival has been locked in, but one contract clause could see it come tumbling down.
According to Code Sports, the teenager’s drawn out contract saga has come to an end as he puts pen to paper on a contract until the end of the 2028 season.
It will now see him make an immediate move and join his new club this week with his salary reportedly set to see him earn $750,000 per-season.
The blockbuster move however hinges on one major stipulation within his release from the Tigers … a non-disparagement clause.
That clause would legally stop Galvin from discussing the situation surrounding his exit from the merger club and the Bulldogs are reportedly supportive of the Tigers’ demands.
Canterbury will reportedly pay a $175,000 release fee to secure the rising star’s services.
Galvin’s move comes as Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould finds himself in the spotlight after he was accused of deliberately misleading fans.
The switch confirmed rumours that the Bulldogs’ general manager of football had been working behind the scenes to negotiate a deal to lure Galvin from the Tigers.
The 67-year-old had batted his eyelids at the young playmaker with glowing public comments about his abilities for months, but repeatedly insisted the club had no interest in signing him.
And even after that was proven untrue, Gould claimed he had nothing to do with the signing of the talented teenager.
“I never said we weren’t interested (in Galvin). What I said was we’re on a different course because he wasn’t off contract until 2027,” Gould said on Monday night. “We couldn’t talk to him until November.”
But veteran journalist Phil Rothfield believes the latest incident has severely damaged his credibility with both fans and the network.
“I reckon he’s been seriously damaged credibility wise and his reputation has been severely damaged at Channel 9 over this,” Rothfield said on the Off the Record podcast.
“I think the punters are awake to it and they are the lifeblood of every TV network that provides the ratings. I honestly think he’s been badly damaged and people won’t cop his bullsh** anymore.”
While speaking on Triple Ms daily NRL podcast on Tuesday, Rothfield added: “He gets away with so much rubbish and has for years but he’s been caught on the hop here and in my view, he has misled Channel 9 viewers for some time about Lachlan Galvin.
“Rugby league officials do lie and it’s a fact we have to live with but when you are being paid nearly $1 million to sit on a (TV) panel, you are there to inform and say the truth. But this is where Gus gets himself into an awkward situation. As a viewer, he hasn’t been upfront with us.”
Rothfield also noted that what Gould says and what is true are often two very different things.
“Gus was talking his usual crap about not knowing this, not knowing that and trying to cover himself and I don’t think he did a very good job at it,” Rothfield continued about Gould’s 100% Footy appearance on the Off the Record podcast.
“When he says so clearly that Lachlan Galvin is not on our radar, if you’re not on the radar and if the goalposts move you’re still not on the radar. This crap about that he’s the best kid he’s ever seen is also so disrespectful to (Brad) Fittler, (Laurie) Daley and these guys.
“He said Bryce Cartwright will be the best forward the game’s ever seen. He said that in recruitment meetings at Penrith. Then he sent him to the Titans. “He said Matt Moylan in 2016 was the future of Penrith and would be a lifetime member here. Next year he sold him to Cronulla.”
However, whether deliberately or not, several of Gould’s claims have ended up not being accurate over the last 12 months.
Late last year Gould denied the Bulldogs were interested in Knights forward Leo Thompson only for Kiwi international to pen a four-year deal with Canterbury in January.
Gould also denied reports that he’d signed Sitili Tupouniua last year only for the club to confirm a four-year deal a week later. (MSN)
Ricky and Politis have the same mentality. These are blokes that do deals on a handshake and stick to their word. Not surprising they won't deal with him.Well thats somewhat refreshing to know if the Raiders are able to operate without any Moses clients, then its not impossible and we can too if we wish
Could be a good idea
Imagine if every club eventually did this
Yea, it is good to see Parra suffer.How could anyone possibly be upset about this. Gus should be praised for not taking Parra out to dinner first.
Or does he try to get you the best deal, while putting you through a media circus (I am 100% sure Galvin did not want that)... Meanwhile your own family wonder over to the competition leaders and sign you for unders. ???Ricky and Politis have the same mentality. These are blokes that do deals on a handshake and stick to their word. Not surprising they won't deal with him.
We should be doing the same. He just creates so much drama around teams when they least need it. Slimiest prick in the game.
He manages a lot of good talent, but I have to question what the need for a guy like Moses is? He is good for getting you out of a contract and burning the club in the process, but in a competitive player market, does he really get you extras above another manager? Seems to me players get their worth regardless of who's managing them.
WT admin really seem to be out of sorts at present. Not sure what is going on but we just seem to be 'missing'. That was the reason for my speculating that Richardson wasnt well. Yes, without the club confirming Galvin was a free and had been released all this Bulldogs based info should not be allowed. What are we doing????????????????????I've literally just seen a video of him at Bulldogs training in Bulldogs colours so I don't know how anything hasn't been made 'official' yet