‘200 passes every day’

I think after sustained failure I think people get sick of hearing how they're having their best pre-season ever and how things are going to be different.
So much change from 2022 to 2023 (thank-god) Things will be different. We’ve actual purchased good performing players. Not just those who “have potential” or are coming off injury.

So much change from 2022 to 2023 (thank-god) Things will be different. We’ve actual purchased good performing players. Not just those who “have potential” or are coming off injury.

Still more of the same though. I don't think the pessimism will wane until they actually deliver.

And I think that is fair enough.

I read this article and Cried.

Sheens expects us to score an extra 8-16 points. Sure we *may* have that in us.

Yet we don't seem to be fixing defence. We cannot pass our way out of our soft as butter defence.

Instead of 200 passes we should be doing 200 tackles! Arrgh Cmon Sheens, coach some defence and not rollout the 2005 gameplan!

Teams are better and more professional now. Old tactics won't work.
I’d prefer to loose 42-40, than 6-4.

Limit the fluff. Be honest.

How though? You think they aren't being honest? I believe they are.

Maybe they could throw in things like "we know where we are and all this work means nothing until we get results". I guess that's fair enough and balances things somewhat. Maybe that's what you mean?

Still think those who get uptight about these articles are reading too much into them.

Me too. I've never understood why some get upset about positive articles in the off season. What other option is there? If we put nothing out, then people get frustrated at not knowing what's happening in the pre season. 3rd option is to put out negative articles, continually down playing things. Who wants that?

Nothing wrong with hearing the group is positive and enjoying things etc.
There is another option, let your actions do the talking.
This club has never embraced this option.

Yet we don't seem to be fixing defence. We cannot pass our way out of our soft as butter defence.

Instead of 200 passes we should be doing 200 tackles! Arrgh Cmon Sheens, coach some defence and not rollout the 2005 gameplan!

Man, don't cry, defence will still be the biggest priority, but it's the little 1% things, like passing,structure, play the balls, holding down in tackles, in otherwords BASICS, that let us down over the years. No one is silly enough not to realise that both attack and defence,are equally important,

Limit the fluff. Be honest.
C’mon CB, it’s not just about selling tickets to us is it? There’s gotta have some level of Pygmalion effect on the playing group too?
I’m not getting too excited until I see a game tbh, but it’s shaping nicely.

C’mon CB, it’s not just about selling tickets to us is it? There’s gotta have some level of Pygmalion effect on the playing group too?
I’m not getting too excited until I see a game tbh, but it’s shaping nicely.
I think the way we are going has exceeded our expectations, and i don't have unreal expectations. It will i think be mid year before the side settle down,and becomes fluent, and the young kids get confidence. We should look a this year as a 3/4 complete puzzle to be finished in 2024.
And just enjoy the improvement.

The most important thing in the game is the ball, you can't win without it.
The game is faster and scoring is as important now as ever.
My main concern is if the error rate will climb to high or not.
My advice to all would be to reduce your salt intake this year because there will be some serious cardiac football coming out of this team...

The most important thing in the game is the ball, you can't win without it.
The game is faster and scoring is as important now as ever.
My main concern is if the error rate will climb to high or not.
My advice to all would be to reduce your salt intake this year because there will be some serious cardiac football coming out of this team...
absence for attacking footy makes the heart grow fonder for it.
Bring back the earlier years of Teddy, Moses, Moltzen, Brooks, Simona… it was good but we still mostly had more losses than wins. Hope now with good defends like Papali’i , Klemmer, Api, Bateman the balance is better.

judging from what I saw on Friday, the structures the team are learning and using right now are uncanny to 2010 and 2011. Koroisau looks like a Farah clone the way he looks to drop players under and then throw out the back to the halves. plenty of players in motion and no one is afraid to pass the ball. going to be a very very different football team to the one we had last year.

I’d prefer to loose 42-40, than 6-4.
True, but I would prefer to win.

I do remember Sheens coaching us to a 6-4 win over Melbourne that was done on Defence. ... I get it we were not mobile enough last year and we did not take enough risks.

Yet we should be expecting more then Fast Footy. Sheens prove yourself by week 6, otherwise you can be punted by May.

Back