1000th TRY

crouching_tiger

Who will it be??

Who will get the club milestone and score the WT's 1000th try??

I'm tipping Fitzhenry will get the bickies and add this to his repetoire to go down in the history books!! :sunglasses:

If we need 4 tries than I'm pretty sure it'll happen this week.

I'll take a punt on Beau…he hasn't scored for a while has he?

@stryker said:
If we need 4 tries than I'm pretty sure it'll happen this week.

I'll take a punt on Beau…he hasn't scored for a while has he?

He scored the opening try last week. I reckon Tuqiri, Lawrence and Marshall are all likely. Fitzy hasn't scored a try this season and I don't believe he will.

….saw the club take its tally to 995 tries in the NRL......
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FIVE MORE TRIES FOR 1000 MILESTONE
By Wayne Cousins
3/06/2010 3:44:38 PM

Wests Tigers are on the verge of scoring their 1000th try since the club’s inaugural season in 2000.

A nine try haul in the 50-6 win over the Warriors at Campbelltown Sports Stadium last Friday night saw the club take its tally to 995 tries in the NRL.

A return to form and some exciting attacking play has seen Wests Tigers score 13 tries in their past two wins following the four tries the team scored in the win over Newcastle in round 11.

Wests Tigers will have the chance to nudge closer to the 1000 tries mark when they tackle the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Friday night in round 13 of the Telstra Premiership.

Dynamic five-eighth Benji Marshall is the Wests Tigers leading tryscorer with 47 tries in 114 matches since making his debut against Newcastle in 2003.

Centre Chris Lawrence moved to equal second position with Daniel Fitzhenry in scoring his 43rd try for Wests Tigers in the win over the Warriors last week.

Hooker and captain Robbie Farah needs just three more tries to move into the top five and overtake former premiership winning full-back and captain Brett Hodgson on 38 tries.

Most Tries for Wests Tigers (Top 5)

47 Benji Marshall in 114 games

43 Daniel Fitzhenry in 130 games

43 Chris Lawrence in 76 games

42 Taniela Tuiaki in 78 games

38 Brett Hodgson in 102 games

If all goes well, by the end of the night we'll be closer to 2000 than 1000 :p

@innsaneink said:
The 1000th against us was scored last year - you'll never guess by who. :laughing:

I know…. :laughing:

1000th Wests Tigers Try scorer....Chris Heighington 38th minute mark against the Dogs of War tomorrow night....

Would be nice for Gibbs to get any one of the next few. I'd love Ellis to score the 1000th

Back