2019 Coaching saga -Thread

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
This is a very disappointing outcome. I have to say I expected more from our Board.

They can't force people to come here

There were other options than Maguire. They've been mentioned in an earlier page.

Yeah sorry

Thought that comment was out of character for you

Thought you were talking about Bennett

Who would you of preferred

I just thought O'Brien or the Broncos' assistant (Souths gave Seibold a go) would have been a good fit. Just my view but I am pretty downhearted with the appointment.

Cleary treated the tigers like a door mat. I have it on good authority he was on 750 plus a year and not 400 .

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
They can't force people to come here

There were other options than Maguire. They've been mentioned in an earlier page.

Yeah sorry

Thought that comment was out of character for you

Thought you were talking about Bennett

Who would you of preferred

I just thought O'Brien or the Broncos' assistant (Souths gave Seibold a go) would have been a good fit. Just my view but I am pretty downhearted with the appointment.

Yes it all comes back to IC screwing us

Just put us in a really bad position not long after looking great with him as head coach

All moved pretty quickly once Souths were sorted. Hopefully Madge will see out his 3 years

Cleary to the Panthers for 5…..yeah good luck with that, he won't see it out if they don't make the Grand Final within 2 I reckon

@ said:
@ said:
Disappointed about Bennett, but that was really only ever going to be a short term arrangement if it had come to fruition. Madge hopefully coaches us for a decade. Good pick up. Credit to Pascoe.

This is a very disappointing outcome. I have to say I expected more from our Board.

Please elaborate….

@ said:
All moved pretty quickly once Souths were sorted. Hopefully Madge will see out his 3 years

Cleary to the Panthers for 5…..yeah good luck with that, he won't see it out if they don't make the Grand Final within 2 I reckon

Lets hope this pans out, and karma bites Gus and Cleary :pray:

Pretty happy with this result, would have been happy with Bennet as well. I see that both had their pro's and con's. Looking forward to seeing how we develop under Maguire, hopefully we play tougher. I'm really looking forward to Cleary no longer being our coach now that he is our Benedict Arnold.

@ said:
Cleary treated the tigers like a door mat. I have it on good authority he was on 750 plus a year and not 400 .

I hope NRL Karma strikes Cleary hard for what he has done to our club….

Brilliant appointment considering the last 5 years of madness.
No nonsense coach who tears up and down and has won comp in the last few years.
Anyone who doesn’t think this is a good appointment is a peanut.

So everyone got who they wanted except for us. 2nd choice scraps.
How very West Tigers.

@ said:
@ said:
Disappointed about Bennett, but that was really only ever going to be a short term arrangement if it had come to fruition. Madge hopefully coaches us for a decade. Good pick up. Credit to Pascoe.

It’a all a part of the development of the club. A few years ago we were going from Mick Potter to Jason Taylor. Now we are going from Ivan Cleary (rat) to Madge.

If we keep building our supporter base is as big as anyone’s, our training facilities will be top flight our stadium will be first class. We have juniors from Leichhardt to the Southern Highlands and a powerful leagues club and hopefully 3 in the future.

Somehow if Balmain can get back on their feet and some of our wealthy supporters get involved the club can be a powerhouse.

Madge is the safer option for us at this point in time and he is 44 there is a chance if we get it together he can be a long term proposition.

@ said:
@ said:

Lets hope this pans out, and karma bites Gus and Cleary :pray:

Yes, I'd love to see it turn sour for him. I'm hoping karma bites him after what he did to the Tigers

Members online

Back