LIVE GAME 2022 Grand Final Live Game Discussion

Live Game Discussion
How could you be sorry for a Parra-site fan.

Was invited to my niece's place for the Grand Final but politely declined.

Her husband is a mad Parra-site fan and I just couldn't go in case they won because I would not be able to stand the gloating as much as I wouldn't be able to take the crying and gnashing of teeth that would have occurred at the end of it all.

I love my Niece dearly and I know I would have not been able to help myself and would have said some things that would not have been too good for family harmony and for that reason I am very pleased that I did not go.

Bad luck Parra and hope you have to wait another 36 years to get a shot at it and hopefully fail once again.
This times 1000.
Hope they never get there again

Even though Luke Garner is no Superstar I still can not believe we let him go given the lack of second row depth in the club.

Garner does run some good lines so having Cleary and Co put you into space will improve his career. He just needs to improve his defence and maybe add some kilos to his frame.

Said to a mate, If I had to rate Garner out of 10... I'd give him a 4.5/5...
But that's with us.

If Penrith can lift him to a 6-7 (10-15% Improvement) he'll do a very serviceable job for them..
He got as good as he could here.

Parra came out hard for around 10 mins, threw in a couple of trick shots and maybe had high hopes of getting an early ascendency. Penrith matched them at that early intensity level, then went into another gear and never relented.

Penrith never really looked troubled throughout any stage, and had so much energy I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve discovered some sort of new drug that isn’t detectable in testing.

Going into the match I had a feeling that Parra didn’t really deserve to be there. Had a late season charge to just sneak into the top 4, and were lucky to win against the Cowboys, who deserved to be playing in the GF more and probably would’ve made it a closer contest.

hopefully the Moses simps will stop.
he’s a “good” nrl standard half. That’s it. A flat track bully extraordinaire.
and before you say his forwards were ineffective, a great half, a John’s, Thurston, etc FINDS a way to get involved and turn a game. Moses can’t. Over rated, over promoted, and now over and out.

and before you say his forwards were ineffective, a great half, a John’s, Thurston, etc FINDS a way to get involved and turn a game. Moses can’t. Over rated, over promoted, and now over and out.
Dylan Brown was really trying to compete, Moses was doing what he normally does, staying away from the frontline battles. He is miles behind Cleary in ability and lacks ticker. He does have a great kicking game

Dylan Brown was really trying to compete, Moses was doing what he normally does, staying away from the frontline battles. He is miles behind Cleary in ability and lacks ticker. He does have a great kicking game

He does have a great kicking game

its really all he’s got..

I think most people had a fair idea that this season was just about who would be beaten by Penrith in the GF. Koroisau and Kikau will be big losses, fortunately. Fingers crossed that Api can lead us to 9th like Harry did.

On Garner, I rate him as a player I think he was one of our best and with some motivated “winners” beside him I believe he will step up further and become a quality signing. A little more weight on him and the right leadership around him and he’ll be great. We lost a good club man letting him go - probably should have kept him, however he probably was happy to leave for Panthers as it’s a good opportunity to step up his career.

On Garner, I rate him as a player I think he was one of our best and with some motivated “winners” beside him I believe he will step up further and become a quality signing. A little more weight on him and the right leadership around him and he’ll be great. We lost a good club man letting him go - probably should have kept him, however he probably was happy to leave for Panthers as it’s a good opportunity to step up his career.
We should remember that Penrith not only losing players next year but Ciraldo as well. He has been the glue working with these kids for years. That will make a really big dent.
Whilst I like Gardiner it wont be quite the same, for at least a while anyway.
Maybe Penrith have peaked for now ?

Can somebody share with me the reason for the continual blatant thanks to the NSW Govt during all the presentation awards after the game.
I think one of the NRLW captains actually thanked them for the use of such a beautiful stadium.
WTF did all that mean, was it under instruction from NRL to butter them up, or has PVL and co
copped a severe wrap over the knuckles for his comments about ground funding, and what a low life govt they’re were for reneging.(and giving funds to those troublesome flood victims) !
Please explain as I just don’t get it.

Can somebody share with me the reason for the continual blatant thanks to the NSW Govt during all the presentation awards after the game.
I think one of the NRLW captains actually thanked them for the use of such a beautiful stadium.
WTF did all that mean, was it under instruction from NRL to butter them up, or has PVL and co
copped a severe wrap over the knuckles for his comments about ground funding, and what a low life govt they’re were for reneging.(and giving funds to those troublesome flood victims) !
Please explain as I just don’t get it.
Yeh I noticed that too

forwards win games
Johns in those bad Newcastle teams of 2002 to 2006 he was hopeless

forwards win games
Johns in those bad Newcastle teams of 2002 to 2006 he was hopeless
I agree with first but not the second - he still won the dally m in 2002 and by the time he retired in 2006/7 he was 32 or so. I’d give him a pass on those last few years. My point was Moses isn’t a class halfbacks shoelace aglet

I agree with first but not the second - he still won the dally m in 2002 and by the time he retired in 2006/7 he was 32 or so. I’d give him a pass on those last few years. My point was Moses isn’t a class halfbacks shoelace aglet
true with Moses,

Anyone see JFH's comments... Morons.

I think there is an actual rivalry between the Pacific Islanders of Penrith vs those in Parra/ Campbelltown which may extend beyond the football field.

Latest posts

Back