2023 NRL All Stars

I treat it like the (sadly now gone) City vs Country fixtures. Enjoyable but more exhibition type rep football.
Off course, it's not Australia v New Zealand. It's a celebration of culture. I know my cousins are worked up about it, spoke to one the other day...absolute nutter...in a great way šŸ˜»

SmartSelect_20230205-142727_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Updated teams for 2023 Harvey Norman All Stars
Sun 5 Feb 2023, NRL.Com

Tukimihia Simpkins, Leo Thompson, Paul Turner, Austin Dias, Creedence Toia and Sheldon Pitama have been added to menā€™s Māori All Stars, replacing Daejarn Asi, Joseph Manu, Starford Toa, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.
Manu (facial fracture) and Waerea-Hargreaves (back/hamstring) were ruled out of the clash by the Roosters but are expected to be back for Round 1.

Daine Laurie, Albert Kelly, Isaiah Tass and Braydon Trindall have been added to menā€™s Indigenous All Stars, replacing Josh Addo-Carr, Ezra Mam, Chris Smith and Will Smith.
Shakiah Tungai and Ahlivia Ingram have been added to the womenā€™s Indigenous All Stars, replacing Caitlan Johnston and Tallisha Harden.
Kennedy Cherrington is also set to miss the clash after sustaining a broken hand whilst playing for the Bulldogs in the Harvey Norman NSW Women's Premiership. Cherrington confirmed the injury on her Instagram, which will likely see Tiana Raftstrand-Smith return to the squad after initially being ruled out.
SmartSelect_20230205-143643_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Indigenous All Stars (Men)
Bailey Butler
Selwyn Cobbo
Tyrell Fuimaono
J'maine Hopgood
Nicho Hynes
Ryan James
Albert Kelly
Josh Kerr
Daine Laurie
Latrell Mitchell
Shaquai Mitchell
Kierran Moseley
Brent Naden
Tyrone Peachey
Tyrell Sloan
Isaiah Tass
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Braydon Trindall
Cody Walker
Jack Wighton
Coach: Ronald Griffiths

Māori All Stars (Men)
Jesse Arthars
Zach Dockar-Clay
Austin Dias
James Fisher-Harris
Corey Harawira-Naera
Morgan Harper
Royce Hunt
Zane Musgrove
Briton Nikora
Hayze Perham
Sheldon Pitama
Adam Pompey
Jordan Rapana
Jordan Riki
Tukimihia Simpkins
Joseph Tapine
Leo Thompson
Paul Turner
Creedence Toia
Dylan Walker
Coach: Ben Gardiner

Indigenous All Stars (Women)
Essay Banu
Shaylee Bent
Jaime Chapman
Bree Chester
Kirra Dibb
Quincy Dodd
Taliah Fuimaono
Ahlivia Ingram
Keilee Joseph
Bobbi Law
Mia Middleton
Sareka Mooka
Jasmine Peters
Kaitlyn Phillips
Shaniah Power
Jada Taylor
Tahlulah Tillett
Shakiah Tungai
Coach: Ben Jeffries

Māori All Stars (Women)
Brooke Anderson
Destiny Brill
Gayle Broughton
Harata Butler
Kahu Cassidy
Laikha Clarke
Zali Fay
Mya Hill-Moana
Olivia Kernick
Shannon Mato
Capri Paekau
Aaliyah Paki
Shanice Parker
Ashleigh Quinlan
Jasmin Strange
Zahara Temara
Amy Turner
Coach: Keith Hanley

Last edited by a moderator:
This has become a mickey mouse game. We now have the farce of Solomona pulling out over a dog bite. Why should we risk top 30 players.

Anyone else think all these players pulling out is a bit of an "F You" to the NRL over the CBA deal still not being sorted?

Literally about half of the squads originally named have pulled out.

Anyone else think all these players pulling out is a bit of an "F You" to the NRL over the CBA deal still not being sorted?

Literally about half of the squads originally named have pulled out.
I doubt the CBA deal would concern most players. Injuries would concern some, and if their coach approves. We have had bad injuries to key players in the game just on the training fields.
But KR you would have an ear to the ground, i don't .

Jeez Tuki looks massive. He's put some bulk on. Reckon end of year next year he could be a diamond.

Every player has their club logo on the sleeve of their jumper.... Might be seeing things in sure I caught a glimpse of Laurie on sideline his jersey had a panther šŸ¤”

Every player has their club logo on the sleeve of their jumper.... Might be seeing things in sure I caught a glimpse of Laurie on sideline his jersey had a panther šŸ¤”
I'll keep an eye out.

Peach is 18th man, may have been him.

Back