2023 NRL Finals General Discussion thread *Spoilers*

Reece Walsh has cruelled it for me GCf. He's got a head as big as Cleary's chin.

He is a fantastic player but such a brat. It's so bad. My wife stated that he said his own players had been talking to him about being better. It's clearly nothing to do with on-field form.

Reactions: BZN
He is a fantastic player but such a brat. It's so bad. My wife stated that he said his own players had been talking to him about being better. It's clearly nothing to do with on-field form.
It would be hard to not have an ego the size of Jupiter when you are that good looking and that good at rugby league, all while playing for the team of a city which is league-mad. If Suncorp held 100K, they would have filled it last night. The only place that loves the sport more than Queensland is Papua New Guinea.

How's thing going? Still riding it?

I would let the bet stand because evn though you are guaranteed $400 you are basicaly getting 6-4 on them winning next week and they will be favourites playing in their home city.If you like you could put a saver on the donkeys that way you are guaranteed a win

As long as Walsh's ego doesn't get in the way of his footy, I don't care. Thanks to him (and a few of his mates), the Broncos are the most fun team to watch since Tigers in 05.

It's great to see a top team get there with their attack instead of just grinding opponents into the dirt like Panthers, Storm and Parra. Souths were fun before they lost the plot but not as good as this Broncos team.

If Broncs win, maybe coaches will be less grind-oriented? If Panthers win, then everyone doubles down on dull, safe footy.

Big fan of Walsh.

Plays with a lot of confidence.
Is no more of a banker than the guys at Penrith.

Achieved so much already at some a young age...

Winning origin, despite the suspension for the final game...
About to play in a grand final.

Sky's the limit for this kid.
Has some work to do but is the most talented player in the comp..... he is him, literally the player to watch 2k23.

I often wonder why so many players/coaches improve so much after leaving WT.
Not all do of course, but it seems a quite a few of our unheralded ex players have been able to just waltz into other sides top 17 and start playing well. Dogs have had quite a few as well - Montoya, Smith & Meaney to name a few. It usually happens at the successful clubs that have well coached sides like Penrith, Storm, Roosters and Broncos moreso than some of the other teams - those coaches obviously know how to bring out the best in mediocre players. I guess it just surprises me that those top teams with all their talent (especially Penrith) actually have room for our underperforming discards in their top squads!

It would be hard to not have an ego the size of Jupiter when you are that good looking and that good at rugby league, all while playing for the team of a city which is league-mad. If Suncorp held 100K, they would have filled it last night. The only place that loves the sport more than Queensland is Papua New Guinea.
Does Walsh's eyes mesmerize you?

Paps before injury for me was just as exciting to watch as Walsh without the carryon. Nothing wrong with an ego it how it is managed that grinds some people.

I am honestly trying to think of a Grand final that has had 2x powerhouses so similar clash like this.

I recall the 2008/2007 etc finals which were Manly vs Storm and one Cam Smith was injured and the other Manly had someone out.

2006 where the Broncos pip the storm?

Brisbane and Penrith are insanely strong. Should be a good match.

Is Haas a better prop than Lazarus .....very good prop and speed is insane combined with the size
Hass needs to use his shoulders more... Lazo hurt people in the collision, like Fauna-Blake. Lazo is a combination of those two.

Back