2023 Pre Season

Where that found again 20/40? I've read it too but can't remember where.
I'm not sure? It was a quote from Sheens. Fox I think?
Yep, here it is..

“It’s not our intention to release him, and there’s been no request from Newcastle. It’s been talked and talked and talked about,” Sheens told the SMH.

“He’s due to turn up here on November 14, and I’m looking forward to working with him. Benji (Marshall) and I are looking forward to getting our hands on him.

“Right at the moment, there’s been no movement from the Knights and we’re moving forward with him as our halfback.

The Tigers reportedly won’t begin contract negotiations with both Brooks and Adam Doueihi until 2023, leaving them open for rivals to swoop.

Sheens also explained he was the man who convinced Brooks to stay at the club a decade ago before being sacked.

The 72-year-old is now excited by the prospect of coaching the halfback in 2023.

Last edited:
Any word on Zane development.

Body size seems to a late bloomer
Wasn’t a real standout in the games I saw him play this year.

Was a real talent as a youngster though, so maybe they think they can work with him.

He’s pretty tall and deceptively quick.

Turns 21 next year, so has one more year of Flegg but will most likely be playing pretty much the whole year in NSW Cup I’d say.

I just can't shake the feeling we are going to see one of Apisalome Saukuru or Kitione Kautoga on the wing.

Back