2023 Pre Season

I du
Yeah I watched that aswell it really got me thinking are benji and sheens thinking outside the box when it comes to training tactics to toughen up the playing group? Like making them do wresting sessions at 1030 at night after training all day? I have no idea but I’d love to find out
I did a corporate leadership one up near Sanctuary Cove many years ago.We were taken from the hotel dropped in a remote location at 6.30am and had to get ourselves back to the hotel, via a series of cryptic clues, which we did just on sunset. After a ten minute debrief we were taken around to the side of the hotel where a challenge to solve a puzzle was given to us.
We were so stuffed we blew it and we’re dismissed and headed off for beers and dinner. Around 10pm the organisers came and dragged us out of the bar and took us back to do it again. We eventually cracked it about midnight but everyone was so pumped we couldn’t sleep so death by mini bar was ordered by the pool and eventually crashed about 3am.
It’s interesting what you and your buds are capable of when real pressure applied
So I hear exactly what you are saying !
PS Day 2 started at 6.30am again so let’s say we were quite “jaded” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

All the forwards are looking very lean, we might finally get that 80 minute performance that's been talked about for 17 years...

Matamua has featured heavily in our marketing Promotions as well.
I get a sense he will be our starting 13 and the coaching staff expect big things of him. There would be no reason for the club to give him such exposure if they didn't think big things were coming imo.
Caught some of the training session yesterday, Matamua featured heavily in the starting side(expect he will be our lock-very agile). Also Douehi/Brooks will be halves combo; Naden & TT likely centres; Noffa and Ken wing spots the way they were lining up. Interesting Blore was running out wide-at times swapping with Noffa. He also put a shot on Junior T (cut him in half). Was great to see Ice and API first to each training drill and big talkers. I know it’s only training but there was such a good vibe around the training session.

Caught some of the training session yesterday, Matamua featured heavily in the starting side(expect he will be our lock-very agile). Also Douehi/Brooks will be halves combo; Naden & TT likely centres; Noffa and Ken wing spots the way they were lining up. Interesting Blore was running out wide-at times swapping with Noffa. He also put a shot on Junior T (cut him in half). Was great to see Ice and API first to each training drill and big talkers. I know it’s only training but there was such a good vibe around the training session.

Cheers for the update.

Cheers for the feedback, sounds promising.

legendary mate, thank you. if Matamua is training at lock, who has Sheens got as his front rowers in the 'first grade' side atm?

Back