LIVE GAME 2023 Trial 1: Wests Tigers v Warriors

Live Game Discussion
nothing to do with it if u put cronk in this team they still lose by the same
theres just too many players not close to ready or may never be ready for first grade
I don’t disagree with your assessment of the overall team but their halves created lots of opportunity. Our halves did nothing in comparison and the scorline reflects that.

agree with all but Simpkin. no desire to get there and lead the attack when needed. Lazy effort
Have a look at the stats on nrl .com , always a bit of a help for people that have no clue about what they are watching

People need to calm down. Few players will be in the starting side and those that will probably played well. I expect the lineup to be as follows.

1. Staines/Laurie
2. Nofa
3. Naden
4. Douihei/Kepoa
5. Maumalo
6. Laurie/Douihei
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalli
12. Bateman
13. Ofehengaue
14. Pole
15. Twal
16. Blore
17. Reilly

At best 5 players from tonight’s squad play and tbh Pole, Utoikamanu, Staines we’re better than their opponents. I like Reilly he’s a player.

People need to calm down. Few players will be in the starting side and those that will probably played well. I expect the lineup to be as follows.

1. Staines/Laurie
2. Nofa
3. Naden
4. Douihei/Kepoa
5. Maumalo
6. Laurie/Douihei
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalli
12. Bateman
13. Ofehengaue
14. Pole
15. Twal
16. Blore
17. Reilly

At best 5 players from tonight’s squad play and tbh Pole, Utoikamanu, Staines we’re better than their opponents. I like Reilly he’s a player.

Back 5 makes me sad

1. Staines/Laurie
2. Nofa
3. Naden
4. Douihei/Kepoa
5. Maumalo
6. Laurie/Douihei
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Utoikamanu
11. Papalli
12. Bateman
13. Ofehengaue
14. Pole
15. Twal
16. Blore
17. Reilly

I don't think anyone is losing their calm...it was a trial.

But I do think it showed really, really, clearly that we are in serious trouble if Brooks, Api or AD get long term injuries this season.

Immediate post-match thoughts:

Staines
Looked busy, nothing special but will put pressure on Laurie during the year.

Tupou
Still very raw, great tackle-breaker but looks like dropping it every time he’s got it. Lot of potential there though, and was solid defensively.

Kepaoa
Very solid. Should’ve overtaken Talau in the centre pecking order based off that performance.

Talau
Not a good return from injury. Had no idea defensively.

Scolari
Similar to Talau. Tried hard, showed intent but looked a bit sluggish, struggled to turn and cover when defence went on his outside.

Reilly
Very smooth runner, nice when running the footy but took poor options when passing the ball.

Wakeham
Very, very average.

Utoikamanu
Outstanding. Will play Origin in the next few years if he stays fit.

Simpkin
OK. Good runner, still don’t think he has good service though.

Seyfarth
Went much better than I thought he’d go. Was busy and had some strong carries.

Tumeth
Ran strong, looked a bit small and got rattled in contact at times. If he gets a bit bigger (in the Liam Martin mould) he could be alright.

Pole
Much better at prop than second row. Ran strong and was busy in the middle. Opposite on the edge.

Matamua
Terrible first stint, good second stint. Ball-playing looked sloppy. Won’t get the starting #13 spot.

Bula
Very raw. Nice offload for Peni’s try.

Hill
Ran the ball well, would love to see him in the clear.

Peni
Wasn’t good defensively, nice support play for the try.

Feledy
Would’ve liked to have seen more runs. Looked up to the contact in attack, slipped off a few tackles.

James
Ran very well. Still not sure how his gas tank would go, playing in a game with limited interchange.

Faagutu
Future NRL player for sure. Ran the ball very well.

Vaihu
Didn’t do anything in limited minutes.

Camroux
Didn’t really construct anything during his time on the field.

Fainu
Not bad. Liked his ball-playing at times and had a few good carries.

Ngatikaura
I really don’t rate this guy. Looked poor for Cook Islands in the World Cup and looked terrible again today.

Sukkar
Went well. Busy and looks like a future NRL player to me.

Back