2024 Memberships

Yossarian

Looks like they’ve taken some of last year’s criticisms onboard. Physical card and no shipping fee for the core pack.

As a 2024 Member, you can choose a 2024 Core Membership pack, which includes a 2024 Members scarf, cap, lanyard, keyring, sticker sheet, and a physical Member card. Alternatively, for those who prefer a more personalised experience, we're offering $50 of credit that you can redeem in our Member store for Member items. If you opt for the 2024 core pack, there will be no additional charges for shipping.

Looks like they have reacted to some criticism at least but how incompetent are they with the auto renewal issue?

If you were not aware of the general incompetence of this organisation you could be forgiven for thinking that they were running an auto renewal scam, the kind of thing that Government Departments like Fair Trading are set up for to protect consumers from.

I can't speak for anyone else but I received emails on 22nd, 27th and 28th September as well as 3rd October all of them urging existing members to log in and to opt in or opt out of Auto Renewal.

I don't know about anyone else, but at least for the time being I chose to opt out of auto renewal for myself and my son, thinking that I might just wait and see how things go with the review, off season player movements and so on before I even think about parting with my hard earned cash.

I can only guess that they they did not like the response that they received from members or they were just unable to manage the unwieldy system that they had created and now they look like some dodgy operator that is trying to get their hooks into you and just won't take NO for an answer.

Late yesterday afternoon, both my son and I received emails telling us that our package was ready for automatic renewal despite us already jumping through the hoops and opting out already, at least for the time being.

I have included below an excerpt from the email requiring us to jump through even more hoops to opt out of auto renewal.

We were also further advised that we need to do so by 16th October or else they would be taking our money on the 19th October.

I really don't know if this is pure incompetence on the part of the club or just a scam to catch some people out in an effort to try and hang on to Member numbers off the back of 2 wooden trophies.

Automatic Renewal

We are pleased to inform you that your 2023 Wests Tigers XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Membership Package will automatically renew in season 2024.

For further information on 2024 Membership, including pricing, please click HERE.

We understand that circumstances may change, and you may wish to opt-out of automatic renewal.

Opt-Out Option: If, for any reason, you do not wish to continue with automatic renewal for your Wests Tigers Membership, you have the option to opt-out. We respect your choice, and the process to opt-out is straightforward. Here's how you can do it:

1. Online Opt-Out: Simply fill out the form HERE and the team will be in contact to confirm you have been opted out.
  2. Contact Our Team: If you prefer to speak directly with our Membership team, feel free to call us at (02) 8741 3300 or email membership@weststigers.com.au

So just a ten day window to it out? Scam of an organisation.

Thank goodness. Finally made it into my account. I’m not really even sure how. Oh that’s right I had to click on the renew tab in the membership window (bear in mind I’ve already logged in, or at least it looks as I have) sends me to another page, to log in again. And that finally is me logging into my WT membership page with all my current info. went to the renewal options tab and phew. Box is unchecked!
Happy days.
What a joke of a setup, this coming from someone who regularly works in the IT field.

Looks like they have reacted to some criticism at least but how incompetent are they with the auto renewal issue?

If you were not aware of the general incompetence of this organisation you could be forgiven for thinking that they were running an auto renewal scam, the kind of thing that Government Departments like Fair Trading are set up for to protect consumers from.

I can't speak for anyone else but I received emails on 22nd, 27th and 28th September as well as 3rd October all of them urging existing members to log in and to opt in or opt out of Auto Renewal.

I don't know about anyone else, but at least for the time being I chose to opt out of auto renewal for myself and my son, thinking that I might just wait and see how things go with the review, off season player movements and so on before I even think about parting with my hard earned cash.

I can only guess that they they did not like the response that they received from members or they were just unable to manage the unwieldy system that they had created and now they look like some dodgy operator that is trying to get their hooks into you and just won't take NO for an answer.

Late yesterday afternoon, both my son and I received emails telling us that our package was ready for automatic renewal despite us already jumping through the hoops and opting out already, at least for the time being.

I have included below an excerpt from the email requiring us to jump through even more hoops to opt out of auto renewal.

We were also further advised that we need to do so by 16th October or else they would be taking our money on the 19th October.

I really don't know if this is pure incompetence on the part of the club or just a scam to catch some people out in an effort to try and hang on to Member numbers off the back of 2 wooden trophies.

Automatic Renewal

We are pleased to inform you that your 2023 Wests Tigers XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Membership Package will automatically renew in season 2024.

For further information on 2024 Membership, including pricing, please click HERE.

We understand that circumstances may change, and you may wish to opt-out of automatic renewal.

Opt-Out Option: If, for any reason, you do not wish to continue with automatic renewal for your Wests Tigers Membership, you have the option to opt-out. We respect your choice, and the process to opt-out is straightforward. Here's how you can do it:

1. Online Opt-Out: Simply fill out the form HERE and the team will be in contact to confirm you have been opted out.
  2. Contact Our Team: If you prefer to speak directly with our Membership team, feel free to call us at (02) 8741 3300 or email membership@weststigers.com.au

That is disgraceful behaviour by the club we support,as much as i dislike the Murdoch media perhaps mentioning to them about this legal scam will get it changed.For once they would be using facts not agenda to criticise our inept management.
I doubt there will be a media release by Bryden's over this or a statement from the chairman

I actually thought that due to complaints a few seasons ago that they may have made the default option as opt out. What I mean is that you could manually opt in but if you did nothing then auto renew did not occur.

Automatic Renewal

Got the same message yesterday and this is after I had already opt-out the auto renew for my daughter and myself.
Even a simply task of ticking a box to opt in or out cannot be adhered to by the club.

I would usually wait until the draw comes out before deciding to renew my membership and have the same issues with Auto Renew every season even after calling them to say never have me on the Opt- In list.

Thank goodness. Finally made it into my account. I’m not really even sure how. Oh that’s right I had to click on the renew tab in the membership window (bear in mind I’ve already logged in, or at least it looks as I have) sends me to another page, to log in again. And that finally is me logging into my WT membership page with all my current info. went to the renewal options tab and phew. Box is unchecked!
Happy days.
What a joke of a setup, this coming from someone who regularly works in the IT field.
You did see what I said about the email that I received yesterday, despite having already gone in about 2 weeks ago and unchecking the check box, they were now requiring myself and my son to submit more details to opt out.

If you did not receive the emails that my son and I received it may be because your current membership was for something other than a Campbelltown Sports Stadium or Leichhardt Oval membership because these are the ones that will exist in 2024 and as they say these are the only ones that can auto renew. (saw no mention about Pets, Interstate Memberships etc.)

Having said that, I cannot understand how they can morally auto renew someone for Campbelltown or Leichhardt with out their express consent especially when they will include additional games and be more expensive to start with.

OPT IN HAS TO BE AN OPTION THAT YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY AGREE TO.

WITH OUT THAT AGREEMENT THE RULE IS, PISS OFF, LEAVE ME ALONE AND I WILL DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO DO IN MY OWN GOOD TIME.

I actually thought that due to complaints a few seasons ago that they may have made the default option as opt out. What I mean is that you could manually opt in but if you did nothing then auto renew did not occur.
I’m not sure at some stage they brought in the auto renewal without informing the members. In 2021 I got an email about renewing for the 2022 because my credit card details were no longer correct…

You did see what I said about the email that I received yesterday, despite having already gone in about 2 weeks ago and unchecking the check box, they were now requiring myself and my son to submit more details to opt out.

If you did not receive the emails that my son and I received it may be because your current membership was for something other than a Campbelltown Sports Stadium or Leichhardt Oval membership because these are the ones that will exist in 2024 and as they say these are the only ones that can auto renew. (saw no mention about Pets, Interstate Memberships etc.)

Having said that, I cannot understand how they can morally auto renew someone for Campbelltown or Leichhardt with out their express consent especially when they will include additional games and be more expensive to start with.

WITH OUT THAT AGREEMENT THE RULE IS, PISS OFF, LEAVE ME ALONE AND I WILL DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO DO IN MY OWN GOOD TIME.
Yeah, Dual venue, inner west. I saw it is an obsolete membership option so may be why.

And no I did not realise that was the extent of your issues but i did read the other day that you need to submit an online form to opt out and you can not discuss that option over the phone.

Someone mentioned it as a throwaway but 100% this is a way that the club can start puffing their chest up after renewing all unsuspecting members for the 2024 season just to look like there is still plenty of interest in the club despite the contrary.
I do feel sorry for those members with grandstand or reserved assigned seating. It’s unfortunate that for them If they take the off-season to reconsider they could lose the seat they had for many years previous.

Another interesting note. Read an article which mentioned Penrith Panthers don’t have a members loyalty program. Essentially a 10 year member is considered the same in their eyes as a new member. It is a shame for a winning club but in reality for us that would be a much better scenario to be in.

I don't know if I will ever be able to fully understand how totally incompetent this organisation actually is.

After receiving emails in September requesting myself and my son to log into our membership and either check or uncheck the membership auto renewal box, we were finally able to successfully get in and make sure that the box was unchecked.

In the middle of last week (4th October) both my son and I received emails once again requesting us to send details if we would like to stop auto renewal for 2024, which needed to be done by Monday 16th October otherwise payment would be taken and auto renewal would occur on Thursday 19th October.

Once again we submitted details indicating that we did not want the auto renewal to occur. We thought that surely this would be the end of the matter.

Today I received an email advising me that my membership would automatically renew on Thursday, 19th October for the upcoming season unless I had already opted out.

We were supposed to be contacted to confirm that we had successfully opted out but at least the email I received was reassuring in that it advised me that they respected my choice, and that the process to opt-out was straightforward :ROFLMAO:, once again directing me via a link to the same place that both my son and I had been to last week to opt out.

Funnily enough, my son has not received the same email, instead he received an email thanking him for his support in 2023 as a 5-year Wests Tigers Member and went on to say that the email was to advise that his 5-year tenure items are now dispatched and are due to arrive in approximately 10 to 14 business days.

I'm guessing that it must be a 5 year loyalty pin which we both have already received back in about 2019, which I might add I had to chase up because their records were so badly kept that they initially denied us because they claimed we were not eligible. 🤡

My son and I have actually been continuous members for 9 years this time around, 9 of the most painful years in the history of this club I might add.

I guess I will be ringing them towards the end of the week to advise that both my son and I will not be renewing and to make sure that they do not get their hands on my hard earned money, in the mean time I will sit back and see what else they manage to stuff up in the membership area because I suspect there may be more stuff ups coming before the 16th October opt out deadline.

What a shit fight.. The kids working the local maccas could do better

I remember the start of auto renewals I think maybe 17 or 18...i finished my membership stretch with them and got parole about end 19..just before covid

I remember the start of auto renewals I think maybe 17 or 18...i finished my membership stretch with them and got parole about end 19..just before covid
Whoa that’s a low comparison. I’d say it’s neck to neck on competency levels at this stage!

I too received an email, not a please renew one.
I got a congratulations on 10 years of membership and we will be sending something in the mail.
Meanwhile earlier in the year my mate got a dinner for his 10 years of service and me nada!
I guess I’ll look forward to my impending commemoration pin.

I don't know if I will ever be able to fully understand how totally incompetent this organisation actually is.

After receiving emails in September requesting myself and my son to log into our membership and either check or uncheck the membership auto renewal box, we were finally able to successfully get in and make sure that the box was unchecked.

In the middle of last week (4th October) both my son and I received emails once again requesting us to send details if we would like to stop auto renewal for 2024, which needed to be done by Monday 16th October otherwise payment would be taken and auto renewal would occur on Thursday 19th October.

Once again we submitted details indicating that we did not want the auto renewal to occur. We thought that surely this would be the end of the matter.

Today I received an email advising me that my membership would automatically renew on Thursday, 19th October for the upcoming season unless I had already opted out.

We were supposed to be contacted to confirm that we had successfully opted out but at least the email I received was reassuring in that it advised me that they respected my choice, and that the process to opt-out was straightforward :ROFLMAO:, once again directing me via a link to the same place that both my son and I had been to last week to opt out.

Funnily enough, my son has not received the same email, instead he received an email thanking him for his support in 2023 as a 5-year Wests Tigers Member and went on to say that the email was to advise that his 5-year tenure items are now dispatched and are due to arrive in approximately 10 to 14 business days.

I'm guessing that it must be a 5 year loyalty pin which we both have already received back in about 2019, which I might add I had to chase up because their records were so badly kept that they initially denied us because they claimed we were not eligible. 🤡

My son and I have actually been continuous members for 9 years this time around, 9 of the most painful years in the history of this club I might add.

I guess I will be ringing them towards the end of the week to advise that both my son and I will not be renewing and to make sure that they do not get their hands on my hard earned money, in the mean time I will sit back and see what else they manage to stuff up in the membership area because I suspect there may be more stuff ups coming before the 16th October opt out deadline.
I'm a 25 year member next year that the club refuses to recognise because they have lost the data for members before 2007.

Yeah I remember Ink I think you got to about 10 year legend status before you pulled the pin.

I have always avoided auto renew because I used to work FIFO to the Pilbara and always wanted to see the NRL draw to work out what package worked best for me because the last thing you wanted was to have a lot of home games on while you were away working interstate.

COVID killed my job in the Pilbara with McGowan's border closures killing off the FIFO thing so I'm retired now and still don't want to auto renew these days because we are just dog shit, so I wait to see if there is a glimmer of hope with recruitment, a favourable draw etc. during the off season to decide if I will be parting with my money.

I can't see how they can have opt-out for such a large sum. I understand for things like monthly subscriptions, just rolling over, but a one-off, up-front payment of many of hundreds of dollars shouldn't work like that. Should be a new "sale" every year.
I could understand a rollover package if we had one home ground and you had a specified seat that you wanted to retain each year but we change membership packages and allocated home games every year which makes an automatic rollover a joke.

Latest posts

Back