2024 Pre-Season

And reverting back to my old idol, Jack Gibson, during the season he quite often called a training session at whatever the upcoming game time was.
Eg, We play this week at 3pm so training is at that time for the week, the following week we play at 7.30pm so we train all week at that time.
Conditions the mind and body together and maximises the circadian rhythms that control our brain.
Surely couldn’t do any harm ?

I often wonder if there is a real need to train these guys in the heat of the day ? Surely indoor training / gym etc from 1-4pm then field training 4-8pm more suitable imo.
And also considering the number of night games.
Didn't look happy

I often wonder if there is a real need to train these guys in the heat of the day ? Surely indoor training / gym etc from 1-4pm then field training 4-8pm more suitable imo.
Adversity is bonding.
Also I'm sick of our blokes melting like a Bubble O Bill every time they play a game where the sun comes out.
Flog 'em Benji.

Adversity is bonding.
Also I'm sick of our blokes melting like a Bubble O Bill every time they play a game where the sun comes out.
Flog 'em Benji.
And it's preseason.
Fitness goals etc.
Finessing training to match games can come later.

Pascoe told us all last year the players are home to their wives and families by lunch time. They played like it too.

Haven't heard the usual, "toughest pre-season" fluff pieces yet.

Hope not to hear them for once and that they they just work hard on their fitness and combinations.
there’s been some chatter that Marshall is absolutely flogging them, but thankfully nothing of the sort like when Madge was around. would much rather them have no chatter and come into trials and round 1 looking fit and hungry

Pascoe told us all last year the players are home to their wives and families by lunch time. They played like it too.
They should be at the COE for 6-7 hours a day in the preseason. Between on field training, gym work, recovery, video sessions, and extra curricular stuff like handling media too. During the season it depends what the match schedule is like but should include 2 sessions a day, plus at least one at the time the match is being played that week. How often do we train under lights? Not enough.

Did he really say that? imagine thinking that would be the standard in any professional sporting organisation that wants to be successful.

Did he really say that? imagine thinking that would be the standard in any professional sporting organisation that wants to be successful.
would've had a lot to do with Sheens being old school I think. with Marshall there I'd say it would be entirely different.

They should be at the COE for 6-7 hours a day in the preseason. Between on field training, gym work, recovery, video sessions, and extra curricular stuff like handling media too. During the season it depends what the match schedule is like but should include 2 sessions a day, plus at least one at the time the match is being played that week. How often do we train under lights? Not enough.

This side of preseason they shouldn’t be doing any video work. Leading into mid Jan should all by physical focus. Then Late Jan/Feb head into game plans.

I think there will always be a way to fit guys like Fa'agutu & Lualili'i into the same forward pack.

They are both shorter than some we see, but if you run hard, with conviction & use holes & momentum well, size is a little overrated. Our middles in the next few years look VERY promising. Pole & Utoikamanu are already established, these 2 added to that give a very dynamic group.

Galvin, I suspect, plays a little wider.
I'm not sure they're NRL prospects. I hate to put a downer on them but very few make it and I think these two are fringe at best.

Back