2024 Pre-Season

All NRL players are built. They have to be. A photo like this shows how much work these guys put into their body.

Pole looks like a slab of muscle. and Utoikimanu probably monsters all of them, but because he is kneeling, it doesn't show.

Guys like Naden, Doueihi, Seyfarth, Mason...you don't notice how physical these guys really are until you see a photo like that.

At least they look fit.

As for Sam Fainu...some people are looking for a problem. I don't think this is a team-official shot. It's ok for a little personality to be displayed.
The players are split across two groups with Sam F at the back in the approx middle. He is our secret weapon.

Observations
* Steph looks to have added size big year coming.
* 2 on the far right are units
* Mason and a few others have added size
* Seyfarth looks to have trimmed, looks smaller than some backs might get more lock time maybe?
* AD has added some size
* new back recruits have size and some confidence hope it translates.

All in all this is probably the biggest change have seen to our size for the squad in long time.
OK - I'll say it - Where's Twally?

For those interested:

Standing: Galvin, K. Laulilii, Sezer, Si. Fainu, Porter, Saukuru, Bateman, Faataape, Mason, Lobb, Simpkin, Bula (behind Sa. Fainu), Sa. Fainu, Doueihi, Matamua, Naden, Alaimalo, Seyfarth, Papali’i, Pole, Willett, Da Silva, Miller, Klemmer, Lui-Toso, Peter Moussa (Head of High Performance), Sukkar

Kneeling/Sitting: Tumeth, Utoikamanu, Koroisau, Sullivan, To’a, Olam, Faagutu, L. Laulilii, Casey, Kepaoa, Feledy, Tupou, Staines, Vaihu, L. Fainu
Where's Twally?

You know what guys and girls,I don't care how many fluff pieces are written on pre season,I just want them to get out and play the best they can for us and the club...To many times over the last decade we all get hyped up and end up bitterly disappointed ...this year will be a year of great improvement...hopefully..
Yeah the players rubbish preseason chats. At least with Api and Klemmar you know they will deliver on the talk.

Where's Twally?
Not sure about the above photo but he's in the photos released today:

154a0800.jpg

All NRL players are built. They have to be. A photo like this shows how much work these guys put into their body.

Pole looks like a slab of muscle. and Utoikimanu probably monsters all of them, but because he is kneeling, it doesn't show.

Guys like Naden, Doueihi, Seyfarth, Mason...you don't notice how physical these guys really are until you see a photo like that.

At least they look fit.

As for Sam Fainu...some people are looking for a problem. I don't think this is a team-official shot. It's ok for a little personality to be displayed.
This is exactly why the NRL needs to reduce the interchange. Some players are too big these days and just about every one of them will do an ACL or a pec or a rotator cuff at some point. Everyone struggles a bit as they age but many of these guys, if they have a long career, will be lucky to be walking at all when they're 60.

And reverting back to my old idol, Jack Gibson, during the season he quite often called a training session at whatever the upcoming game time was.
Eg, We play this week at 3pm so training is at that time for the week, the following week we play at 7.30pm so we train all week at that time.
Conditions the mind and body together and maximises the circadian rhythms that control our brain.
Surely couldn’t do any harm ?
Good idea or not ?

Interesting to see Onitoni still training with the big boys. Good to see.
Its so good to see a kid with so much talent, its freakish .. he has such smooth silky skills with ball in hand .. and his ability to turn on afterburners is amazing .. his speed burns off most defenders. Kid plays either 5/8 or centres .. after watching him all i can say is .. wow .. !! Must hold onto this kid .. !!

Its so good to see a kid with so much talent, its freakish .. he has such smooth silky skills with ball in hand .. and his ability to turn on afterburners is amazing .. his speed burns off most defenders. Kid plays either 5/8 or centres .. after watching him all i can say is .. wow .. !! Must hold onto this kid .. !!
completely agree. he has gifts that you simply cannot coach. I know we've got him tied up for a couple years once he turns 18 but you would hope that we plan to extend and upgrade that deal.

completely agree. he has gifts that you simply cannot coach. I know we've got him tied up for a couple years once he turns 18 but you would hope that we plan to extend and upgrade that deal.
if we dont explore the path that the Rorters did with Joseph Suaalii and got him to play before he turned 18 .. then we are nuts .. !!

Onitoni says he's a 5/8 .. but heck watch the highlights (2023) of him playing in the centres in Union ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back