2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

Reckon we can finish anywhere from 14 to 8th. Still a progression year but a lot more positive things to build on. As an aside Nofo should not see the first 17 unless there is a spate of injuries. His performance has been noted.
8th is a bridge too far I think. We might come out all guns blazing for a few weeks, but maintaining it for a whole season will be tough. Realistically we aren’t going to finish higher than 12th. There aren’t enough teams that we are better than. Only team I can say with confidence that we can finish in front of is the Dragons. There’s a question mark over five or six others.

You can't do any worse than last year. I hope...

Points Scored: 385…..285
Points Conceded: 675…..944
Completion Rate: 75%
Tackle Efficiency: 88.1%
Avg. Points Scored: 16…..12
Avg. Points Conceded: 28…..40
1999 Magpies 😮

I want us to actually win the games we go in as favourites and if we can humble the Rorters I will be happy 🙏
Aside from the Dolphins - I don't believe we started any games as favourites in 2023...

So that is a very low bar

8th is a bridge too far I think. We might come out all guns blazing for a few weeks, but maintaining it for a whole season will be tough. Realistically we aren’t going to finish higher than 12th. There aren’t enough teams that we are better than. Only team I can say with confidence that we can finish in front of is the Dragons. There’s a question mark over five or six others.
I would add the poodles.
The forum's favourite manipulator, Gould burnt millions on JAC, Burton .. for no visible result.

Last edited:
3peat or Premiers. Its a fine line. Afterall. Every team has the same amount of players on the field for the scheduled meet of 80 mins given once a week.

So if I were Benji. I would be focusing on the (the other 6 days) . Maybe there is something there to be found. The headspace.

The last decade hasn't been kind to us focusing on 80 mins.

How do you compress 6 days into 80 minutes.

I reckon we will still struggle to score points from the backline, and I'm not confident our defence will improve a ton. However, I'm optimistic about our new halves. In particular, I have a feeling Sezer and Sullivan/Fainu will do a better job putting Bateman and Ipap in holes, and the try output from our forwards will improve dramatically.

I reckon we will still struggle to score points from the backline, and I'm not confident our defence will improve a ton. However, I'm optimistic about our new halves. In particular, I have a feeling Sezer and Sullivan/Fainu will do a better job putting Bateman and Ipap in holes, and the try output from our forwards will improve dramatically.
Guaranteed.

I think Toa is a better player than given credit for .I've watched slot of our games in the off season and he played well missed a few tackles but they all did.With new halves I think he will be great for us next season he is very strong and has some pace.
Yeah, he's alright aye.
Hot and cold.

I think this is his year to really stand up.
If he has a good year, he'll be able to cement himself into our premiership line-up of 2025.

Yeah, he's alright aye.
Hot and cold.

I think this is his year to really stand up.
If he has a good year, he'll be able to cement himself into our premiership line-up of 2025.
Definitely a make or break year for To'a. Hoping that he has Staines (who has that bit of extra speed) outside of him and they can build a dangerous combo on the right side.

Latest posts

Back