2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

I’m hoping we get a top 8 spot , it is possible as I think we will be much improved and I like Benji style , if your put the work in and earns it you get it , no favours just cause of your name of been around years , earn it is the key , top 8
i will throw in the Fins and Manly to get in as well , I feel a few upsets this season coming
Tigers , Manly , Fins , Raiders to get in the 8 along with Penrith , Melbourne , rest will scramble

If Luai doesn’t come it's harder for semis.

Benji may need to take risks and blood Fainu early........and he needs to be an early revelation for seems, providing Olam comes.

Expectation is to play finals….Same expectation I have every year.
We got the spoon in 22 due to a poor roster, heaps of injuries and heaps of off field turmoil. The spoon earned in 23 was far worse as there was far less excuses…they just didn’t have a go.
Attitude change and more professionalism should see us win more games.
I expect to make the 8.

Expectation is to play finals….Same expectation I have every year.
We got the spoon in 22 due to a poor roster, heaps of injuries and heaps of off field turmoil. The spoon earned in 23 was far worse as there was far less excuses…they just didn’t have a go.
Attitude change and more professionalism should see us win more games.
I expect to make the 8.
What did Laurie Lawrence say, Buggar the Silver, we want Gold!!

I expect yourself and @Tucker may be disappointed but I still expect to win a lot more than 4 games and the possibility that we will be around the 8 at times during the season, but fall short at the end.

I still hope to be pleasantly surprised and looking forward to a Luai free year in 2024 which I see as a sure thing and go so far as to say a good thing.

The reason I say that is that I am particularly interested to see what develops during this season with the competition that we have in the halves that we have contracted, fair enough if Luai is here next year but I want to see what that competition brings this year.

15th or so. Dragons eill be below us. Bulldogs too if they cant get two decent props.

Dpnt expect more than that until we get a decent half,centres and a winger.at least playing at our grounds will be a benefit.

Dont really care aout on field i want the off field stuff alsorted more. Already strarted but i want them to commit to playing and upgrading Cambeltown stadium. No more moving around.

Reactions: BZN
So hard to predict. We were in a lot of games last year and I don't think the players completely ''bought into'' what WT were trying to achieve.

I think that part is different this year - the players want to play for Benji. He is instilling self belief and a ''don't give up'' attitude which will make a difference.

Where we will fall short is basically talent and experience. There are 6-8 spots in the top 30 requiring an upgrade of talent which we won't see until at least 2025.

11th.

Reactions: BZN
9th might be a bridge to far with our halves and outside backs. Feeling good about 25 though.

I think 12th or so makes sense.

if Marshall plans to play high percentage, structured football built on effort then it will ensure we will win far more games than we did in the first couple months of last season. the addition of Morris should also see an improvement in defence.

like most WT seasons we’ll beat a few top sides here and there, lose games we should win and have a few close shaves, but I don’t believe it will be anywhere near as miserable as the past two years.

I think 12th or so makes sense.

if Marshall plans to play high percentage, structured football built on effort then it will ensure we will win far more games than we did in the first couple months of last season. the addition of Morris should also see an improvement in defence.

like most WT seasons we’ll beat a few top sides here and there, lose games we should win and have a few close shaves, but I don’t believe it will be anywhere near as miserable as the past two years.
I would say it was all disastrous after Judas went to the Panfers!:cry:

Latest posts

Members online

Back