2024 Season Opener, Las Vegas Discussion *Spoilers*

After watching Souths and Manly, I think Trell needs to move to 6 and Walker to 7. I just don’t think Trell has the motor to play no1. Of course that’s assuming they have someone who can play no1. Maybe give AJ another go.

Anyway I think they are going to be a hot and cold side this year with maybe more cold than hot. The good sides wil make Trell do plenty of running at the back

Open and honest, and has time for the media.
Open and honest?
Fan racially abuses Latrell and it's "that's horrible, terrible unforgiveable. Latrell said it happened so we have to believe him".
His player racially abuses another player and it's "Well it's only Ezra's word, we don't know that it's right."
Very open and honest....as long as there's no chance of losing a player to suspension.

What is it you don’t like?
I find him thoughtful, rarely relies on cliche and actually answers questions.
There is arrogance there, but it has been earned.
He comes across as a bit of a know it all….that comment he made that “just because the Broncos are adamant didn’t make it right” was unwarranted. I get he is defending his player, but don’t come across as a “know it all”…in his entire coaching career he has had a roster that is worth millions more than the opposition…he has always had that leg up in every game he has coached….to me that doesn't translate to him being a great coach…I’d like to see how he’d go with the Titans, Newcastle or the Tigers….

He comes across as a bit of a know it all….that comment he made that “just because the Broncos are adamant didn’t make it right” was unwarranted. I get he is defending his player, but don’t come across as a “know it all”…in his entire coaching career he has had a roster that is worth millions more than the opposition…he has always had that leg up in every game he has coached….to me that doesn't translate to him being a great coach…I’d like to see how he’d go with the Titans, Newcastle or the Tigers….
I can go with your first part as it smacks of double standards but it is conjecture that Roosters are over the cap.
I would suspect after Melbourne, they are the most scrutinised for their cap and never been done. Yes they have had some very good players, no they don’t buy them all. They aren’t cheating and Robbo deserves some credit for what they’ve achieved.

Gonna be interesting to see what comes of the Leniu & Mam situation… not a good look for Spencer
Massive overreaction. None of us are perfect and most of us have said something 'racist' in our life subconsciously or not, even recently. I think it comes down to intent. Why would a dark skinned Samoan who would have received the same insult hate a dark skinned ATSI/Islander. Different races and cultures is irrelevant given both cultures are associated with racial remarks such as monkeys. Play on. Sticks and stones

I can go with your first part as it smacks of double standards but it is conjecture that Roosters are over the cap.
I would suspect after Melbourne, they are the most scrutinised for their cap and never been done. Yes they have had some very good players, no they don’t buy them all. They aren’t cheating and Robbo deserves some credit for what they’ve achieved.
Your opinion and I respect that...I also think the NRL hierarchy are intimidated by Politis..just my opinion

Your opinion and I respect that...I also think the NRL hierarchy are intimidated by Politis..just my opinion
That could well be the case.
I don’t think Valandys would be, but the CEO is a different kettle.
I will say though, I much prefer Politis than Gould. Phil tries to destroy this game publically.

Massive overreaction. None of us are perfect and most of us have said something 'racist' in our life subconsciously or not, even recently. I think it comes down to intent. Why would a dark skinned Samoan who would have received the same insult hate a dark skinned ATSI/Islander. Different races and cultures is irrelevant given both cultures are associated with racial remarks such as monkeys. Play on. Sticks and stones

Why would he say something? To get under the skin & because he is dumb (if he said anything).

Mann reacted instantly to whatever was said & to make a formal complaint is a big step to take.

Times have changed, what was acceptable when a fair few of us played the game / just generally acceptable before isn’t acceptable now.

People shouldn’t be given an exception to saying something on the park that they can’t say off it.

Players have a heck of alot of coaching off the park about this stuff so to do it on the biggest international stage IF guilty shows how dumb Spencer is & his response after isn’t cool - should get smacked with a big suspension for stupidity.

Spencer also apparently had a run in with some of the Broncos back at the hotel after - the guy is a hot head.

And a thick head... Lucky he can play footy well
Mam should also have thick skin, they are all bloody adults and they were having a go at each other. If they were kids then I can understand but a grown adult crying because he was called a monkey? That's a bit much, call Spencer a baboon to get even, geez! Again, they are adults having a go at each other. Don't give it if you can't take it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back