2024 State of Origin Teams

As a Tigers fan im glad APi wasnt selected.

As an Api fan im disappointed for his career stats.

I bet Api cant wait for his mate Luai to come to the Tigers so he too can miss origin next year.
No Stef either, even off the bench but Lenui gets a gig after 8 weeks out. They must think he’s some player.
And I thought Sualil’i was going to rugby union ? What’s he doing there( I know Best, Turbo injured), but must be trying to change his mind.
Had Mitchell been playing regularly imo he would have been in the side.
Game 2 team could look very different as they should come to Melbourne down 1-0

I don't think he is clueless.

NSW and Madge have a number of walk-up starters out with injuries.
Qld have their own injuries.
It's a bit early to be making excuses for the congenital idiot. Let him get NSW's collective arses smashed first.
NSW ARE ALWAYS IN A F#@$#ING GAME!

I don't think Stef deserved to be picked and I doubt he'd even want to play for the selfish turd that tried to end his career in it's infancy by making him play busted.

Bonehead move by Maguire leaving Api out but, in a way, no real surprise given our experience with the bloke not that long ago.

Nsw, strong bench

Hynes is a risk and Keary loves Queensland.
Not ideal but the cupboard is bare.

Robson in for Api is a mistake.
Teddy out for Edwards is an interesting move.

Can't see this team winning the series.
Looking forward to seeing the Qld team.
I think it is a horrific bench, there's no balance, if we lose a back we're shot, no need for Hudson Young when you already have Olakuatu, Angus, Martin, Yeo and McInnes. Hudson Young also cost us game one last year with errors and dumb penalties (which is all he's good for) and rightfully got dropped after a horrible game 2.

I think it is a horrific bench, there's no balance, if we lose a back we're shot, no need for Hudson Young when you already have Olakuatu, Angus, Martin, Yeo and McInnes. Hudson Young also cost us game one last year with errors and dumb penalties (which is all he's good for) and rightfully got dropped after a horrible game 2.
the old Canberra connection got young in the team. Stupid not starting Yeoh
Latrell should have been at centre
Ado Carr probably on the wing instead of lomax
Burton should have been on the bench
Api should have been picked

I think the blues were favourites before the teams were named... They were a few weeks back
QLD now $1.77
NSW $2.05

Very rare QLD are favourites
It's been $1.75-$1.80 since Cleary was ruled out. Munster out surprisignly didn't change the odds.

Mag has done what he did at the tigers , name a team and a shit house bench ,
Api has been the best 9 all year in a loosing team , Stef well hot and cold maybe in the complete squad
mag will turn this into 3 nil loss of the blues , I hope he gets the Parra coaching job 😁

Very surprised to see David Fifita dropped.

Leniu is a mistake and Suali'i at centre is a mistake too. Ramien or even Burton would have been better picks.

Possibly Crichton is the VC and well deserved too I reckon.

QLD spine is too strong and the forwards understand Origin more than NSW forwards.

2-1 QLD unfortunately

No Stef either, even off the bench but Lenui gets a gig after 8 weeks out. They must think he’s some player.
And I thought Sualil’i was going to rugby union ? What’s he doing there( I know Best, Turbo injured), but must be trying to change his mind.
Had Mitchell been playing regularly imo he would have been in the side.
Game 2 team could look very different as they should come to Melbourne down 1-0
Roosters nepotism runs very very deep in the NSWRL, their boys always get a leg-up.

Not just Leniu but also Suallii who is a wasted option given he's going to rugby in a few minutes. And then Luke Keary brought in as backup for Hynes.

Api has missed an average of 5 tackles with 2 ineffective per game for us this year.
Robson is defensively dependable with missing less than 3 tackles a game and just over 1 ineffective tackle a game.
That is statistically speaking.
From an observation point of view, Api is a weak defender in the middle and constantly is over powered by opposition forwards.
I understand 100% why they are not going with him.
I wouldn't say weak but certainly weaker. Additionally Hynes plays with Brailey and Luai with Kenny. Neither are really big ball users so a 9 that primarily dishes off from dummy half is what they are used too.
Whilst I think Api is arguably the best 9 in the game I can understand that he is not necessarily the best 9 for this team.

Back