'23 trials

That's going to scare no one in the NRL.

I'm not saying he's too small, just that he's not particularly big physically like someone like latrell Mitchell or Schuster or even doueihi who can use their size to cause threat. So he's not a threat speed wise, not tricky and not big enough to cause defensive line any trouble.

I really liked Hastings for us, I'm not glad we got rid of him, just observing him and noticing it's a bit sleepy for the defenders.
Hes also smaller than NAS so yeah
Schuster same hight but heavier than all other halfbacks - he was a forward so you would expect that.
He's slightly taller and heavier than Nathan Cleary/Jarome Hughes so I miss your point.

Dan Ginnane never misses pointing out a former WTs player
He was right to though, Tuilagi showed none of the laziness he displayed when he was with us. Although he had several good games there were times that you wouldn't have known he was out there.

Coaching, paying group, belief?

Whatever has changed, if he keeps it up Seibs will be a happy man.

I can’t see Dominic Young staying with the Knights on the wrong end of getting flogged every week.

Why would you bother trying to move Ponga to 5/8? I don't really get it.

He's fast and fullback frees him up and he's also a threat returning the ball. if you're moving him there to get more involved then just look at Tedesco and how everything revolves around him. Just doesn't really make sense to me. Lockyer moved successfully from fullback when he lost a bit of pace and was able to use his guile and skills still at 5/8, but Ponga's still real fast.

Why?
He is not involved enough as a 5/8. he is still really playing as FB who comes in to the line occasionally. May take time to settle in at 5/8 but for me he is too much of pea heart. And what's the go with him coming off at half time - they have a completely new spine and he dogs it at 40 mins.

He was right to though, Tuilagi showed none of the laziness he displayed when he was with us. Although he had several good games there were times that you wouldn't have known he was out there.

Coaching, paying group, belief?

Whatever has changed, if he keeps it up Seibs will be a happy man.
He looked good in attack but he is still lazy in defence - couple of easy misses early on in the game.

Hes also smaller than NAS so yeah
Schuster same hight but heavier than all other halfbacks - he was a forward so you would expect that.
He's slightly taller and heavier than Nathan Cleary/Jarome Hughes so I miss your point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying Hastings was undersized, I was saying that looking at him as a defender he doesn't have a particular threat you'd worry about. So he's not especially fast or big or skilful. That means that defensive line doesn't have to worry so much about him with the ball as much as who he might pass to, which is a limitation that perhaps makes it easier to defend against him at halfback.

To summarise: not too small, just not big enough as a player where he can potentially expose 1 on 1 tackles as Mitchell, Schuster and Doueihi can. Those players draw extra defenders because they can break tackles through their strength and size. You would not worry about that with Hastings running at you.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that is a particular limitation of his play and will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Back