50/50 calls today

shiretiger

There were two for mine and both went our way.

For mine, Payne knocked on at the base of the scrum just prior to our first try. Should have been a Raider ball.

Second was the Raider no try. I agree with the decision that Ellis was obstructed but it could have easily gone the other way.

Maybe the swings and round abouts are moving in our way now.

bronson stop his decoy run in the tigers defensive line, there was nothing 50/50 about it was a no try, if he kept runnin through it would of been a try

thats footy, we've had plenty of calls go against us in the past and we got the lucky end today

when ever tony archer is reffing, i always pencil in a loss coz apart from this season when refs alternate, we have won 1 game in 3 years with him reffing us. he makes my blood boil with some of the decisions he makes n lets other teams molester us 4 as long as they want in tackles, not to mention his pathetic 10m.
we cop the raw end of the deal 8/10 times so ill be happy with whatever we get go our way.
also, i read in an article before this season that the raiders were the team that was most harshly dealt with by the refs in 07 and 08 seasons with more 50/50 decisions and line calls going against them than any other team in the NRL.

Archer and the Tigers are not a good match. I don't know why but we usually come off second best when Archer is in control. In saying that IMO the raiders disallowed try should have been awarded, okay by the letter of the law it was a no try, but theirs no way in gods name even the "great pom" was not going to stop that one.

Although he spent the next 70 minutes trying to get the green slime over the line

Yeh they went our way for once.

I thought the "no try" was a try, in fact after i saw the first replay i thought it was a try so i switched channels in the hope that the score would be the same when i switch back… Its a bit of a superstition thing i think :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I thought the knock on from the scrum was fine but Ive seen those pulled up a lot so it couldve went the other way.

There was 1 call that went against us though, and that was when Gallant got tackled and he got to play it but the Raider (Dugan i think) was still on his back and Gallant lost the ball trying to get him off, I thought we shouldve got the penalty but they got the scrum.

@shiretiger said:
There were two for mine and both went our way.

For mine, Payne knocked on at the base of the scrum just prior to our first try. Should have been a Raider ball.

Second was the Raider no try. I agree with the decision that Ellis was obstructed but it could have easily gone the other way.

Maybe the swings and round abouts are moving in our way now.

Just watch them swing the other way next week - if ever a team gets preferential treatment its Manly - don't expect too many 50/50 calls going our way.

I thought it might of been a NO TRY to Canberra because the angle suggested Harrison was holding Ellis back from making a tackle?

Those two calls (obstruction ruling, and payne fumble) I thought were 50/50 and went to us.
Normally they wouldn't.
There were a few other call that didn't too.And they were blatant mistakes.
The Gallant one where the ball was stripped after he was tackled and the one where Ryan was ruled to have knocked on when there was absolutly no evidence of it on the replay(mid way through first half).

No way Beau Ryan knocked that ball on.

Only reason nobody is saying anything is because it didn't cost us, for once!

@anderson silva said:
bronson stop his decoy run in the tigers defensive line, there was nothing 50/50 about it was a no try, if he kept runnin through it would of been a try

Yep - Ellis had a good chance at getting him and Bronson stopped him from having a chance to make the tackle. No try for sure.

@Centaur said:
I thought it might of been a NO TRY to Canberra because the angle suggested Harrison was holding Ellis back from making a tackle?

No Try…obstruction...Taps stopped in the defense line....Penalty.....correct ruling according to Bill Harrigan....good enough for me....

Ryan held the ball

Payne Knock back....

I won't go into the 2 soft penalties the Raiders got but Galea made it back into the line.......it went 2 passes and the Raider he tackled ran over 10 metres...Archer's a goose and Haines should be Under 7's next week.....

So from an unbaised point of view...We got stiffed again Ref's......loathe Em

@anderson silva said:

As per the current rules definately no try…..in terms of good old common sense, as in did it affect the player trying to defend, id say it should be a try. But dems the rules.

some of the 50/50 calls today went the way of wests-tigers.
lets hope this continues for the rest of the season.
we are due for some luck/the footy gods to smile upon us.

Back