A Great Hotel

pawsandclaws1

For anyone looking for a a great venue for lunch, function or a romantic destination to take your partner, the Mt Kembla Hotel is terrific. It's a comfortable one hour drive from Southern Sydney. The staff are friendly, the variety of beers excellent, the menu innovative such as Surt and Turf without the Turf. Best of all it was formerly owned by ex Balmain centre and Balgownie native Ron Mack.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1272989) said:
For anyone looking for a a great venue for lunch, function or a romantic destination to take your partner, the Mt Kembla Hotel is terrific. It's a comfortable one hour drive from Southern Sydney. The staff are friendly, the variety of beers excellent, the menu innovative such as Surt and Turf without the Turf. Best of all it was formerly owned by ex Balmain centre and Balgownie native Ron Mack.

Is it now owned by you?

@cochise said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273011) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

Is it now owned by you?

That’s a bit cheeky.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273016) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

That is a big wrap you have given them then lol

@cochise said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273027) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

It's just a great hotel in a village near Wollongong. For those looking for another destination in the near future, the Clifton Hotel just up from the Seabridge is undergoing a substantial renovation. It looks as though accommodation will be part of the facilities. There is nothing more romantic than a big southerly storm hitting the coast at Clifton late afternoon or night. I have heard mixed revues about the Scarborough Hotel but it was okay last time we dined.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273035) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

It's just a great hotel in a village near Wollongong. For those looking for another destination in the near future, the Clifton Hotel just up from the Seabridge is undergoing a substantial renovation. It looks as though accommodation will be part of the facilities. There is nothing more romantic than a big southerly storm hitting the coast at Clifton late afternoon or night. I have heard mixed revues about the Scarborough Hotel but it was okay last time we dined.

Been a looonnng time between drinks at the Clifton Hotel. We used to travel there for Sunday drinks when all the pubs near us in Liverpool were closed back in the mid 70's. I think there was a 20km rule for "travellers" You had to sign in like you would at an RSL club. We had a designated driver even back then but going back up the Bulli Pass still haunts me to this day!

@LeichhardtTiger said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273137) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

Been a looonnng time between drinks at the Clifton Hotel. We used to travel there for Sunday drinks when all the pubs near us in Liverpool were closed back in the mid 70's. I think there was a 20km rule for "travellers" You had to sign in like you would at an RSL club. We had a designated driver even back then but going back up the Bulli Pass still haunts me to this day!

Thanks for sharing your memories. We drove up the pass last night and the easterly lane heading towards Sydney is closed just before the bend. The reno at Clifton looks to be really good. I can't wait to go there as it brings back many fond memories as well.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273139) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

Thanks for sharing your memories. We drove up the pass last night and the easterly lane heading towards Sydney is closed just before the bend. The reno at Clifton looks to be really good. I can't wait to go there as it brings back many fond memories as well.

You're a very lucky fella @pawsandclaws1.
Any chance you can sprinkle your happy dust around?

I havent been there yet but I will endevour to make the trip sometime during the Xmas break...If you really want to enjoy a great pub not to far within the same area is the Austinmeer Hotel,great food and surrounds...

@pawsandclaws1 said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273139) said:

Is it now owned by you?

I wish.?

If you get right train, you can get off right near there.,at Clifton station. Obviously pay attention to the timings , but an afternoon session there is definitely worthwhile

@TrueTiger said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273211) said:

I havent been there yet but I will endevour to make the trip sometime during the Xmas break...If you really want to enjoy a great pub not to far within the same area is the Austinmeer Hotel,great food and surrounds...

Is that the headlands ?

@Strongee said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273228) said:

Is that the headlands ?

Yes mate it is a suburb of Wollonggong called Austinmeer...we had a Xmas party there about 3/4 years ago...I had a ball,thank God we hired a bus for the day..the trip back home to Moss Vale was about 50 mins..to Sydney its about 90mins I think..

@TrueTiger said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273235) said:

Is that the headlands ?

Yes mate it is a suburb of Wollonggong called Austinmeer...we had a Xmas party there about 3/4 years ago...I had a ball,thank God we hired a bus for the day..the trip back home to Moss Vale was about 50 mins..to Sydney its about 90mins I think..

Yep I know austinmeer well I live in the Illawarra . I was asking was that the headlands hotel ?

Interesting it was 28 degrees in Bulli around 10pm last night. At Engadine about 30 mins later it was 35 degrees but had hit 32 by the time we arrived at Cronulla. The South Coast is way ahead of the Shire.

@Strongee said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273312) said:

Is that the headlands ?

Yep I know austinmeer well I live in the Illawarra . I was asking was that the headlands hotel ?

It was called the Austinmeer Hotel.....it may have changed it name...

@TrueTiger said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273523) said:

Is that the headlands ?

I just had a look , I think we are both right , it’s called the Austinmeer Headlands hotel . I only ever knew it as the headlands. You learn something new every day .

@Strongee said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273706) said:
@TrueTiger said in [A Great Hotel](/post/1273523) said:

Is that the headlands ?

I just had a look , I think we are both right , it’s called the Austinmeer Headlands hotel . I only ever knew it as the headlands. You learn something new every day .

Had some big night's at both headies and the scarborough pub over the years. :beers:

Members online

No members online now.
Back