A message to US!

TurnStyle

hey fellow forumers,
just wanted to post a thread to say lets not burn the tiges at the stake just yet.
pretty much all of us on here have endured some horrible performances by the team over the years.

unfortunately, something has gone wrong of late and they are going through a very rough patch.

dont forget it was not long ago people like myself were being asked to "accept our mistakes…like a man" with regard to benji marshall in particular. i myself have been a parochial critic of him over the last few years, yet even i agreed he had turned the corner with his form and would concede that **if he were to continue that great form over a reasonable period of time** i would accept opinions that he was indeed one of the best players in the game.

it was not long ago the tigers were rated in the betting as equal second favourites to take out the flag and we were all in hysterics (well i was!!) at how well they started the season.

we all loved it then, but as we all know about life and sport, with the good can come the bad. as supporters i hope we would all accept that we have chosen the tigers for great reasons and that we will stick by them and not suggest that they are in some way cheating us as fans with their poor performances.

anyone who has played sport at any level will know how demoralizing defeats like sunday can be, and to suggest they simply dont care, and to pretty much demand an apology from the club is in my opinion, a bit harsh; who is to say the players themselves arent completely gutted at how theyve played?

whatever has been the catalyst for such a bad run i hope will be resolved very soon, as we all do, but i think that to form personal protests by resolving to not go to or watch the games is not the act of a loyal supporter.

things can turn around and there is still a long way to go. they could play better this week, better the next, get a win, and you never know what can happen. they arent at the bottom and without a win this season, so dont give up!

sorry to get on my soapbox, but we all know being a tigers supporter is a rollercoaster ride so lets stay in our seats.
:sign:

@turnstyle said:
hey fellow forumers,
just wanted to post a thread to say lets not burn the tiges at the stake just yet.
pretty much all of us on here have endured some horrible performances by the team over the years.

unfortunately, something has gone wrong of late and they are going through a very rough patch.

dont forget it was not long ago people like myself were being asked to "accept our mistakes…like a man" with regard to benji marshall in particular. i myself have been a parochial critic of him over the last few years, yet even i agreed he had turned the corner with his form and would concede that **if he were to continue that great form over a reasonable period of time** i would accept opinions that he was indeed one of the best players in the game.

it was not long ago the tigers were rated in the betting as equal second favourites to take out the flag and we were all in hysterics (well i was!!) at how well they started the season.

we all loved it then, but as we all know about life and sport, with the good can come the bad. as supporters i hope we would all accept that we have chosen the tigers for great reasons and that we will stick by them and not suggest that they are in some way cheating us as fans with their poor performances.

anyone who has played sport at any level will know how demoralizing defeats like sunday can be, and to suggest they simply dont care, and to pretty much demand an apology from the club is in my opinion, a bit harsh; who is to say the players themselves arent completely gutted at how theyve played?

whatever has been the catalyst for such a bad run i hope will be resolved very soon, as we all do, but i think that to form personal protests by resolving to not go to or watch the games is not the act of a loyal supporter.

things can turn around and there is still a long way to go. they could play better this week, better the next, get a win, and you never know what can happen. they arent at the bottom and without a win this season, so dont give up!

sorry to get on my soapbox, but we all know being a tigers supporter is a rollercoaster ride so lets stay in our seats.
:sign:

Here Here finally some one who realizes its only rd 10 and we have a possible 32 pts still on offer chill people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if we lose sack sheens and make folkes coach lol

@Geo. said:
:laughing: A week is a long time in footy…...

:sign: :supporter:

In 03 when we got wacked by 40 on a regular basis, it was way to close :frowning: :deadhorse:

@Geo. said:
:laughing: A week is a long time in footy…...

:sign: :supporter:

:laughing: … we'll just take it one game at a time...
while benny takes his hat off to everyone!

thanks thewingfitz :slight_smile:

I see it as a turning point. They know they can play better.
One win and things look better.
2 wins in a row and they gain confidence.
3 wins in a row and they are in form.
4 wins and we'll all be asking what internal rumblings.

Parra fans were ready to sack half the players and the coach this time last year and they made the big one.

We aren't top 4 material. We dont have the front row forwards to lead us week in week out like the Dragons or Storm. But we'll be in sight of the finals come September. Thats when push comes to shove in regards to coaches and player assesments. Not ummmm round 11 in May. Long way to go guys!

great post the tooth.
great to get some positive feedback and see that there are people with a pragmatic outlook on things.
thanks!

to be honest, I think its just alot of frustration being vented about the result on sunday.
I was hoping for a better performance that what we all witnessed.
it will turn around, when we do not know.
still want a top 8 finish this year.
once in top 8 take each game at a time, believe in yourself and person next to you, and anything can be achieved.

Latest posts

Members online

Back