A question for the fans

Tiger_heart

I read the previous post about asking the players for "one last hurrah" - all in the name of taking the higher ground, of holding your head up high…Noble intentions, no doubt. But are, the fans, really so gullable to be happy with one final result (assuming we beat the dogs) when a whole season has been one huge disappointment? When no one, from the top, has publicly come out and admitted to the failure that this season has been, and in fact the same people are still going to be there next year? By all means, let's go out with a bang, but have we, the fans, really won anything?

Well, i think this guy said it pretty well:

@kul said:
but unlike other seasons there are many positives:

- at last we have what appears to be a solid halfback in Moltzen
- failing that, Taumata will be exciting
- We have a wrecking ball on the wing
- Marshall is in the best form of his career
- Our defence is actually pretty good
- the dead wood is going (Morris, Collis, Dene, Payne, McDonnell)

lots of positives, not many negatives
bring on 2010

@djm619 said:
Well, i think this guy said it pretty well:

@kul said:
but unlike other seasons there are many positives:

- at last we have what appears to be a solid halfback in Moltzen
- failing that, Taumata will be exciting
- We have a wrecking ball on the wing
- Marshall is in the best form of his career
- Our defence is actually pretty good
- the dead wood is going (Morris, Collis, Dene, Payne, McDonnell)

lots of positives, not many negatives
bring on 2010

–-No frontrow
++no depth
+++Jury still out on the no1 and n07
+++a coach that has failed to deliver for four straight years
+++take ellis out of the pack and the defense is the same it has been for years(poor)
+++recruitment is appling
2010 has not got me jumping up in the air, although the word on the street Fitzy is a done deal so we know who will take Morris's no14 shirt

"the word on the street Fitzy is a done deal so we know who will take Morris's no14 shirt"

Well, there'll be no shortage of threads there, then…Sigh!

@Tiger_heart said:
"the word on the street Fitzy is a done deal so we know who will take Morris's no14 shirt"

My god :brick:

The Toyota Cup Team is doing well (jump on the bandwagon people)
The players in that team are talented and many, including the 100kgs+ front and backrowers (fifita boys, Shirncak, Dwyer) who run like wingers, will join the NRL team in 2010
Laurie will wake upto himself and become a dominant force next year
Tame and Taniela will be the most feared wing combination in NRL history

I said in the "Excitement 2010" thread that the only thing that will make me excited is when our team once again records 13 wins at some point during a season. When that time comes it should almost guarantee that we are back in the finals. Until that happens it's all just a lot of this and that and whatever that adds up to be a big lot of nothing.

I'll be watching on Friday night but I won't care if we win or lose. Why should I when the games we HAD to win have already been lost?

if fitzhenry pulls on a WT jersey again i will slap sheens senseless, seriously ill do it, baby powder and all.

just when i thought sharks has rescued us by taking morris, we go n get fitzy.
our season memberships should have heart surgery included in the package along with the other little goodies like key rings, hats, stickers n stuff.

@Tiger_heart said:

There is no way Fitzy can be include in our top 25 squad - He may run around for BRET or Wests and do the odd cameo appearance - but a regular :laughing: :unamused: :imp:

will season 2010 be here we go again.
have a chance to make the finals and come up short :brick: . again.
for god's sake I hope not.
when the new season starts, I will be full of positive and hopeful of making the finals.
once and if that is achieved, then and only then will i think its been a good season. :pray:

Latest posts

Back