A Rugby League record to the WT

tigerap

Yep, we can lay claim to holding a record not to be proud of....

10 consecutive rounds where we let the opposition score 26 or more points....

Congrats Madge and the Team...one for the books

Strange one as they started the Madge era really defending the line, but it has completely gone to hell the last few months. Madge hardly mentions it also. There seems to be absolutely no defensive plan or structure as a unit. It is all just rush up and throw out an arm.

It is rare for any teams, even historically bad ones, to not put up one big D effort a month...

But, no, nothing.

@tigerap said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239816) said:
Yep, we can lay claim to holding a record not to be proud of....

10 consecutive rounds where we let the opposition score 26 or more points....

Congrats Madge and the Team...one for the books

So what?

we also have no spoons (as a JV), even the broncos have one.

These kinda stats mean jack all

@izotope said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239870) said:

Maybe we need a spoon ....rock bottom might finally get the reaction from the club that the fans have screamed out for and deserve

One of 4 teams that don't have it

It means we won 2 from our last 10, one by one point, one by 2

I was wondering before last night what the boys will leave us with to take into the offseason.... They rarely disappoint

@happy_tiger said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239888) said:

Maybe we need a spoon ....rock bottom might finally get the reaction from the club that the fans have screamed out for and deserve

No Club needs a spoon..fair dinkum...

Edit..except Manly

It's a nothing statistic and no one cares or will waste much time talking about it. If we can turn this club around, all will be forgotten. Memories are very short in the NRL.

It's a meaningless (although undesirable) stat given how the game has changed this year.

The new rules heavily favour the team in possession and momentum snowballs resulting in higher scores. I'd suggest a high percentage of games this years have seen >40 points scored. Just this week there's been 48, 42, 68, 42, 66 and 52 points.

An interesting similarity with the team’s 2005 performance.
2005, with 10 rounds to play against the Broncos we get convincingly beaten, but not before piling on a few tries in the closing quarter. We become very very hard to beat after that game. The final 4 games only allowing 40 points in.
Fast forward to 2020. After competing strongly in every game thus far, we play the Broncos with 10 rounds remaining but this time win 48-0, giving hope for those who remember 2005. Unfortunately, that game became significant for being a turn in the opposite direction. A new record was set over the final 10 rounds.
Round 20
As the camera scanned the stadium, it focussed on two familiar faces. Farah and Heino, who were cheering on every play.
As you may recall, a coach was sacked on each occasion one of those players was moved on.
For the past few weeks we’ve listened to the media tell us that after a decade of mediocrity the board is not going is not going to take it anymore. Lol.
Then there’s this image I can’t unsee. A 35 yo Benji is limping around the ground, with the subtlety of a punch drunk prize fighter, telling everyone who will be interested that he has so much more to offer. Good luck to Benji, I hope he gets what he’s looking for.
My interest however, is more focussed on regaining a winning team.
One of the club’s behaviours which has always confused me is the way it has gone about developing a new club culture. Rather than embracing the best from both merging clubs, it appears the WT have been in denial about their rich history, refusing to let in legends of the past to have any influence. Don’t they realise that you can’t build something by destroying something?
If the board is truly interested in having a winning culture then, we need to start seeing some evidence of this. Because all I’m seeing in the team’s behaviour is a group of guys who just want to have fun playing together.

Trent Robinson and team can be congratulated for the Roosters worst loss to the Rabbitiohs in history - a far more significant stat from this weekend I would think.

@Telltails said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239956) said:
Trent Robinson and team can be congratulated for the Roosters worst loss to the Rabbitiohs in history - a far more significant stat from this weekend I would think.

That loss would have hurt and cut deep.

Here's another record for us from the old Buzz Rothfield in the Tele:

TIGERS COP FINE FOR CAMERA COVER-UP

The Wests Tigers have become the first club to be fined by the NRL this season for covering up dressing-room cameras during TV broadcasts.

It’s happened twice this year with Josh Aloiai and Luciano Leilua placing towels over the cameras before and after games while the networks are trying to get fans closer to the action.

The NRL handed out a $5000 suspended fine after their Round 8 game against the Panthers. The fine was then enforced when it happened again in Round 13 against Newcastle.

The TV broadcasters provide more than $300 million a year to cover the game and get access to justify their huge investment.

@happy_tiger said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239888) said:

I can see what you’re alluding to but I think all that is going to do is get a coach sacked and dare I say - another rebuild.

we are the new North Sydney bears good luck madge changing this bunch of nuffies

@Furious1 said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239969) said:

The Wests Tigers have become the first club to be fined by the NRL this season for covering up dressing-room cameras during TV broadcasts.

It’s happened twice this year with Josh Aloiai and Luciano Leilua placing towels over the cameras before and after games while the networks are trying to get fans closer to the action.

The NRL handed out a $5000 suspended fine after their Round 8 game against the Panthers. The fine was then enforced when it happened again in Round 13 against Newcastle.

The TV broadcasters provide more than $300 million a year to cover the game and get access to justify their huge investment.

Petty from the NRL. Good on the boys for covering them, I wouldn’t want cameras in my my dressing room either - it’s a private thing! 😂

@Spud_Murphy said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239991) said:
@Furious1 said in [A Rugby League record to the WT](/post/1239969) said:

**The TV broadcasters provide more than $300 million a year to cover the game** and get access to justify their huge investment.

Petty from the NRL. Good on the boys for covering them, I wouldn’t want cameras in my my dressing room either - it’s a private thing! ?

With the broadcasters paying $300 million to cover the game, i wonder what the fine will be to the clubs who have deliberately put out reserve grade sides this weekend? Surely thats worse than covering up a camera.

Back