Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs 2018 - Sharks 2018 [Official]..

He looks so unhappy on the field. Like he’s going through the motions.

Didn't sound unhappy in the after game interview with Freddy.

People just want to feel that he is unhappy imo.

The point is who cares whether he is or isn't - he isn't one our Tiger stalwarts.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Didn't he ask IC last year about staying and was told no? I just recall seeing something along those lines on here somewhere.

Yes this was written around the time he stated he didn’t know what was going on for 2018\. It was obvious he wanted to stay. The word was Pascoe opened the door but Ivan shut it. BUT my source for this is this forum so???????!

He was never the sort of prop that would tear opposition forwards apart, But he did his job in defence and made plenty of ground with the ball.
A Taupau type , was needed with him
When Taupau was here ,Woodsie was free to do what he was good at, but after he left we had no mad prop, and he was left with bugger all back up from our packfrom then on.

x2

Who cares Our club has moved on and so has Woods would not like to see him back …better spending less for young up and coming props that want to prove themselves it is what it is .

i thought he played well last night but didnt seem too get much game time.
i liked aaron woods,but it should all be ancient history now.

The young forward who made his debut for Canterbury reminded me of Marsters. He should be the player we chase.

@ said:
@ said:
As Paul Kent said, the problem is that they need clubs to want to pay the players they release otherwise there is no cap room.

I would Take Fatala-Mariner, Klemmer or maybe Rhys Martin over Woods.

Renouf To'omaga

Good young player table a decent offer and he will want a release. These are the issues we had a few years ago. Feel sorry for the Dogs fans Castle, Dib and Hasler screwed them for years.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
As Paul Kent said, the problem is that they need clubs to want to pay the players they release otherwise there is no cap room.

Renouf To'omaga

Good young player table a decent offer and he will want a release. These are the issues we had a few years ago. Feel sorry for the Dogs fans Castle, Dib and Hasler screwed them for years.

They knew they were in cap trouble last year, so what do they do, go and pay ridiculious amounts for Foran and Woods and try sign Tedesco as well, how the hell did they think their cap was going to look this year, and for the next few years.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Renouf To'omaga

They knew they were in cap trouble last year, so what do they do, go and pay ridiculious amounts for Foran and Woods and try sign Tedesco as well, how the hell did they think their cap was going to look this year, and for the next few years.

They’ll face the music very very soon don’t worry

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Renouf To'omaga

Idk, these clubs seem to get away with murder. They are in this mess and still trying to sign elsewhere, picking up Suli for dirt cheap at first opportunity. Sea Eagles too, rumours are now they are trying to get Trent Hodkinson, despite being near the cap limit ??

Remember earlier this year when there was trouble at the Dogs, yet they didn't really lose anyone before the year started to meet the cap. I won't believe they are playing under the same rules as the rest of us until I actually see them lose players I guess.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Idk, these clubs seem to get away with murder. They are in this mess and still trying to sign elsewhere, picking up Suli for dirt cheap at first opportunity. Sea Eagles too, rumours are now they are trying to get Trent Hodkinson, despite being near the cap limit ??

Remember earlier this year when there was trouble at the Dogs, yet they didn't really lose anyone before the year started to meet the cap. I won't believe they are playing under the same rules as the rest of us until I actually see them lose players I guess.

They did lose their skipper Graham who is reportedly on a cool $1M this season but Saints are only paying a smallish amount. That may have got the Bulldogs past this year but everyone says hard times for at least 3 years.

Why are we laughing? We were in the exact same spot.

Marina Go told everyone that it would take 3 years to get out of our salary cap mess. We suffered 3 years of misery with a whole bunch of plodders and amigos.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

They did lose their skipper Graham who is reportedly on a cool $1M this season but Saints are only paying a smallish amount. That may have got the Bulldogs past this year but everyone says hard times for at least 3 years.

Why are we laughing? We were in the exact same spot.

Marina Go told everyone that it would take 3 years to get out of our salary cap mess. We suffered 3 years of misery with a whole bunch of plodders and amigos.

Laughing because dumb dumb Sharon went there.

He really made a shocking decision for his on field career which has turned out great for us. We pick up 2 quality props + Reynolds and Mbye basically because of his decision to go to the Dogs. For all he coped last year for his terrible leadership and poor performance in the media from our fans, he gets it way worse from the Dogs fans this year for just trying to do his job. They are vicious to him. As hard as he has tried in some games for them he has made so many mistakes and on top of that he doesn't look too happy out there. If they are shopping him around to other clubs already then it's not surprising he isn't happy. Now he had lost his origin spot as well which probably wouldn't have happened if he had stayed.
Really couldn't get much worse for him… but he has plenty of cash. Wonder if he thinks it was all worth it? Wonder if he still thinks he has a good manager? Wonder if he is enjoying his coffees with his bulldog mates talking about what it would be like to play at a stable club? Ahh Woodsy ya silly oaf.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Renouf To'omaga

It would've worked very nicely for them if they were the red, white & blue! Missing the red in their jerseys, but still ended up in the red :laughing:

Aaron wants to come back but we may not have enough salary left to get him. Tbh i wouldn't mind Woods in place of Grant or Sue.

@ said:
Aaron wants to come back but we may not have enough salary left to get him. Tbh i wouldn't mind Woods in place of Grant or Sue.

Swap both for him and its allG

ISC (C)

Back