Aaron Woods - Signs with Bulldogs 2018 - Sharks 2018 [Official]..

Speculation surrounding the future of Bulldogs forward Aaron Woods intensifies
By AAP
an hour ago

Newcastle coach Nathan Brown has opened the door for Aaron Woods to join the Knights.

The former NSW forward has been speculated as potentially moving on from Canterbury as the Bulldogs deal with NRL salary cap issues.

Brown says Newcastle hasn't spoken to Woods or his manager but believes the 27-year-old is a "player who'd certainly improve our squad".

"Any time there's front-rowers on the market we're always discussing that," Brown said on Wednesday.

"I'm not sure what the story is with Canterbury, whether he is a moveable piece.

"We certainly came into this year two or three middles short, so we're in a strong position if someone like Woodsy became available and we thought it was part of the plan and he wanted to come.

The Dogs have already been forced to let go star fullback Moses Mbye, who will join West Tigers on a four-year deal from next season.

Woods has reportedly been shopped around despite only starting at the Belmore-based club this season on a lucrative four-year deal.

Canberra have already declared Woods to be off-limits even with front-rowers Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo leaving the Raiders at the end of the season.

@ said:
Canberra withdrew their interest. Mullholland (recruitment manager) basically said he was not worth the money. Said that was no fault of Woods, rather "the idiots that signed him".

They’re pretty brutal comments.

The Woods subject is a good one

You can tell he wants to play for the Tigers now…..

But that's a part of the issue a season ago he didn't want a bar off us

As soon as we start showing what we're capable off he wants too come back

Personally I'm 50/50, I usually think he can shove it but at the back of my mind I know he'll be very important too us and if we get him for a discounted price that would certainly help with our chance to play top 8

According too Marina Go we were offering more money to all members of the Big 4 from rival clubs and the Doggies got him for roughly 800k or more

If we can get him for 600k with Dogs paying 200k that would be great

I think Woods is copping all the backlash from the Dogs supporters but really he's been one of there best imo especially against us, yeah he's a bit soft when he runs but who cares you know he runs for over 100m and always looks for offloads which would suit our style heaps imo one of the reasons he was so good with us...... Foran should be copping the blame he has done nothing and Frawley is a passenger while Mbye is the only form of spark in there attack

On the other side, me personally believe he did love this club and wanted to stay before Isaac Moses.

I don't think we can deny that the period Woods was at the club was a mess and as soon as a club with some stability has interest Woods leaves. I have no problem with him leaving it's the way he did it and I have no doubt in my mind Isaac Moses orchestrated that whole process

Even him wearing the 2040 undies every game shows a bit

He's an 80min forward and he is a quality player

I'd be willing to have him back

Seriously again , why are we even having this discussion about Woods ??

The Price is Wrong , it isn't even a position we need any recruitment in and he made his bed …....hope every bite of that poo sandwich is hitting the spot Mr 2040

@ said:
Seriously again , why are we even having this discussion about Woods ??

The Price is Wrong , it isn't even a position we need any recruitment in and he made his bed …....hope every bite of that poo sandwich is hitting the spot Mr 2040

Exactly !

@ said:

Personally I'm 50/50, I usually think he can shove it but at the back of my mind I know he'll be very important too us and if we get him for a discounted price that would certainly help with our chance to play top 8

According too Marina Go we were offering more money to all members of the Big 4 from rival clubs and the Doggies got him for roughly 800k or more

I think Woods is copping all the backlash from the Dogs supporters but really he's been one of there best imo especially against us, yeah he's a bit soft when he runs but who cares you know he runs for over 100m and always looks for offloads which would suit our style heaps imo one of the reasons he was so good with us...... Foran should be copping the blame he has done nothing and Frawley is a passenger while Mbye is the only form of spark in there attack

On the other side, me personally believe he did love this club and wanted to stay before Isaac Moses.

I don't think we can deny that the period Woods was at the club was a mess and as soon as a club with some stability has interest Woods leaves. I have no problem with him leaving it's the way he did it and I have no doubt in my mind Isaac Moses orchestrated that whole process

100% right teddy, i agree with you

Our club had been a mess for YEARS! If we were frustrated as fans imagine being a player!

Yes Woods needs to apologise for some things but let’s not pretend the club didn’t do more than it’s share. We dished out crap for years and years and Woods was nothing but a faithful servant… except for the final year.

He played to his best year in year out. He played injuried. He was a draw card and he kept himself clean.

I would welcome him back in a heart beat.

Woods to the Knights makes sense money wise, they have been throwing plenty of cash at forwards but not much interest.

I dont think they need Woods as they seem to lack a damaging forward and that's not Woods. Ideal forward for Knights would be Klemmer but that wont happen.

I would take Woods back at a good discount but not if it meant we wont be able to beef up our 2nd row.

I can tell you 100% Woods has got interest from the Sharks, Raiders, Parra, Knights, Us and I think one other. I can tell you we are DEFINITELY not a preferred option and he has no intentions of coming back to us.

Economics not sentimentally is the main issue here. Even if Wests Tigers were able to sign Woods at a drastically reduced price, how does it effect the club's ability to effectively bargain for a class centre and backrower next season. In other words, do we need a front rower like woods at the expense of a class centre and backrower. The only time I would say yes is if Woods comes to Wests Tigers very cheap, just as the club welcomed Benji this season. I don't dismiss that the same could happen with Woods. After all he supposedly loves his 2040..

Everyone's forgiven Benji and he left under bad terms too?

Woods at least has been made to eat immediate humble pie and appears to be taking that very seriously and deeply, unlike guys like Tedesco and Slimey who are still talking rubbish.

I can always appreciate a person who admits they are wrong and makes amends, and Woods did genuinely give the club 100% for the remainder of his contract.

I personally reckon it's bad advice that lead to season 2017.

The worst part of Woods current contract is that he signed too early with the dogs. He wasn’t to know that JT would get the sack and be replaced with Cleary.

That doesn’t excuse his off-field behaviour last year.

He also knew that the Tigers were in a similar situation as the Bulldogs are now, in that our cap was a mess because of backended contracts.

Marina Go told everyone three years ago that it would take three years to get out of the mess. She wasn’t wrong.

Still, “stupid is, as stupid does”

@ said:
The worst part of Woods current contract is that he signed too early with the dogs. He wasn’t to know that JT would get the sack and be replaced with Cleary.

That doesn’t excuse his off-field behaviour last year.

He also knew that the Tigers were in a similar situation as the Bulldogs are now, in that our cap was a mess because of backended contracts.

Marina Go told everyone three years ago that it would take three years to get out of the mess. She wasn’t wrong.

Still, “stupid is, as stupid does”

Woods signed after JT was sacked and Ckeary appointed coach.

^^^ Yep.

Remember Cleary got sick of it and said to Tedesco and Woods, you have to the end of the week to show us some intention otherwise your contracts are being taken off the table. And they got no response.

I will reiterate, Woods does not want to come back to the Tigers.

@ said:

Teddy, I’m curious, how much do think both Grant and Felise would be on? If Woods comes back for $600k subsidised by the dogs and Grant and Felise are let go this year it may make sense. Did we sign that Penrith reserve grade prop?

I know Cleary will look at ALL top class players who come on the market but I’m not convinced that he would take Woods back unless the Dogs tip in quite a bit.

Seriously? Woods? If he is the awesome prop every is talking about why isn’t he playing Origin?

Because he is lame. Always has been, always will be. His stats are good but his team never wins.

I don’t want to see that marshmallow chubster playing for us again.

$1 million per year? You can forget about that too!

I for one can say I never liked him and my respective posts validate this.

Next!

@ said:
^^^ Yep.

Remember Cleary got sick of it and said to Tedesco and Woods, you have to the end of the week to show us some intention otherwise your contracts are being taken off the table. And they got no response.

I will reiterate, Woods does not want to come back to the Tigers.

This does not surprise me - the humiliation would be complete if he came back to the WT (with his tiger tail between his legs).

@ said:
@ said:

Teddy, I’m curious, how much do think both Grant and Felise would be on? If Woods comes back for $600k subsidised by the dogs and Grant and Felise are let go this year it may make sense. Did we sign that Penrith reserve grade prop?

I know Cleary will look at ALL top class players who come on the market but I’m not convinced that he would take Woods back unless the Dogs tip in quite a bit.

Not too sure about the Penrith prop, have watched him closely and don't rate him but we'll see

Grant and Felise combined I'd assume 350-400k

Also Sue would be on about 200-250k

I think the dogs would be looking to offload woods and Mbye

The question is do the Tigers want him…... time will tell

@ said:

Fake news.

Do you not remember Cleary placing a deadline on both he and Tedesco?

@ said:
Canberra withdrew their interest. Mullholland (recruitment manager) basically said he was not worth the money. Said that was no fault of Woods, rather "the idiots that signed him".

They've signed Ryan Sutton from the UK. I don't believe they were ever interested.

Back