Actions speak louder than words - Is it corruption or favouritism ? To the NRL, please explain what's going on !!!

Hip drop, Val Holmes (Cowboys) only gets 10 minutes sin bin, a fine and No suspension? It's not his first offence and hasn't been suspended prior too.

You would think that's consitant and fair wouldn't you... but hang on Wests tigers fans, this surely isn't favouritism is it?

Wests Tigers;
Lachie Glavin, suspended 2 weeks for dangerous tackle (Hip drop) 1st offence and was regarded as accidental. Likely will cost him Rookie of the year!!!
Seizure suspended 4 weeks dangerous tackle.
Klemmer, suspended 3-4 weeks for dangerous tackle.

To top it off, it also looked like Tom Deardon lost his feet in the tackle before Val Holmes clipped his legs and no sin bin for him either.

Can someone explain to me why there is such an obvious favouritism or double standard going on from the NRL? Have the Wests Tigers done something to the NRL for the obvious double standard treatment?
Where's our coach and experienced senior figurehead when you need him?
Make some God damned noise Benji and maybr.. Just maybe... something may change for us for the better.
Doubtful,. But the silence is deafening.
Support your bloody players Benji.. Show some leadership

No worries Champ. For the record, I agree we have had plenty of shit decisions where it has changed games. Last night wasn’t one of them. If there is going to be a blow up, at least do it when it actually costs you the game
Wrong there was a 1-2 metre forward pass fir a try, a Shepard not called a play before a try and many small rulings that gave them the upper hand e.g cowgirl plays the ball then knicks two markers over -no penalty, cotter pushes a player down 2-3 times in obvious view of the pelican yet no penalty, obvious shoulder charge missed by two refs, etc, etc. All of these make a huge difference in a game that we were behind by 13 points in. Watch the game again before talking shit

I don’t know if I am. Val Holmes 1st offence. Klemmers 3rd offence. Seizures 4th offence ( I think) I’m seeing a pattern. The more times you offend, it eventually catches up with you for a long suspension.
It’s not a conspiracy ( in my opinion) and last nights game after letting a team get out to 20-0 in as many minutes, is not the game you start blowing up about being treated unfairly ( again just my opinion)
You didn't mention. All. That in the first place

Agreed like Payton go hard but be smart. Make it legal by the NRL rules but point out the errors the refs are making consistently. In the press conference not directly to them it makes no difference rant and rave like Payton and watch the calls change.
Was talking to someone from the t NRL last night at a fundraiser they said internally the bunker is a very big problem and the amount of mistakes in the dragons Dogs game and they are trying to fix it and won't air the problems

Here is a list in order of every teams amount of judiciary actions fines and suspensions.

Warriors. Total 2
Broncos. " 5
Dolphins. " 6
Cowboys. " 6
Panthers. " 6
Dragons. " 6
Sharks. " 7
Manly. " 7
Rabbits. " 8
Knights. " 9
Eels. " 9
Roosters. " 9
Dogs. " 10
Raiders. " 11
Titans. " 11
Storm. " 11
TIGERS. " 17

HIP DROPS EVERY TIGER THAT PUT ON REPORT FOR ONE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED.

QLD PLAYERS ARE EXEMPT FROM SUSPENSION.

TRIPPING, WEVE HAD 1 SUSPENDED ALREADY,

9WILL SULLIVAN GO FOR HIS BAD ATTEMPT YESTERDAY.

Last edited:
Hip drop, Val Holmes (Cowboys) only gets 10 minutes sin bin, a fine and No suspension? It's not his first offence and hasn't been suspended prior too.

You would think that's consitant and fair wouldn't you... but hang on Wests tigers fans, this surely isn't favouritism is it?

Wests Tigers;
Lachie Glavin, suspended 2 weeks for dangerous tackle (Hip drop) 1st offence and was regarded as accidental. Likely will cost him Rookie of the year!!!
Seizure suspended 4 weeks dangerous tackle.
Klemmer, suspended 3-4 weeks for dangerous tackle.

To top it off, it also looked like Tom Deardon lost his feet in the tackle before Val Holmes clipped his legs and no sin bin for him either.

Can someone explain to me why there is such an obvious favouritism or double standard going on from the NRL? Have the Wests Tigers done something to the NRL for the obvious double standard treatment?
Well @incontrol, they are out of control.

Our 1st try had an obstruction that we got away with .....

Most bunker officials would have disallowed that try, but IMO it was the right decision. The speed in which Galvin releases the ball meant the impact by the decoy had zero effect. The right discretion and commonse was used.

Reactions: 851
Most bunker officials would have disallowed that try, but IMO it was the right decision. The speed in which Galvin releases the ball meant the impact by the decoy had zero effect. The right discretion and commonse was used.
Not to mention Galvin was offside with the 2nd try .....people need to watch WTs game without their black white and gold sunnies on .....

Here is a list in order of every teams amount of judiciary actions fines and suspensions.

Warriors. Total 2
Broncos. " 5
Dolphins. " 6
Cowboys. " 6
Panthers. " 6
Dragons. " 6
Sharks. " 7
Manly. " 7
Rabbits. " 8
Knights. " 9
Eels. " 9
Roosters. " 9
Dogs. " 10
Raiders. " 11
Titans. " 11
Storm. " 11
TIGERS. " 17

HIP DROPS EVERY TIGER THAT PUT ON REPORT FOR ONE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED.

QLD PLAYERS ARE EXEMPT FROM SUSPENSION.

TRIPPING, WEVE HAD 1 SUSPENDED ALREADY,

9WILL SULLIVAN GO FOR HIS BAD ATTEMPT YESTERDAY.

Wow. There is simply no way we are that much worse then every other team. I reckon we need to walk off in the middle of game.

I'd be hiring someone a hell of a lot smarter then me to gather data in regards to the officiating of the Tigers compared to the rest. You could build a pretty decent case, and I bet we start getting treated good then.

For the record I don't think for a second that there is a conspiracy. IMO it's become so common that we get screwed it has become the easy option for the officials to rule against us. It's not deliberate, just human nature and weak minded NRL

Not to mention Galvin was offside with the 2nd try .....people need to watch WTs game without their black white and gold sunnies on .....

That was poor by Galvin. But again I think it was the right call. He didn't involve himself. However why was he offside, and why didn't he pull back further to make sure the bunker didn't rule against us?We just do dumb things.

I might be in the minority but I don’t reckon Holmes was a hip drop at all. He tackled Isaiah and was ricocheted into Isaiah’s legs by his own player. At worst it’s a dangerous tackle. All the others you mentioned were garden variety hip drops and deserved the action taken.

That was poor by Galvin. But again I think it was the right call. He didn't involve himself. However why was he offside, and why didn't he pull back further to make sure the bunker didn't rule against us?We just do dumb things.
He was inside the 10 metres when the fullback made contact .....we got a fair shake with the ref's......Holmes was dubious as far as suspension goes .....probably should have got a week .....the shoulder charge was the other contentious call .....I didn't have an issue his arm was away from his body just .....

I might be in the minority but I don’t reckon Holmes was a hip drop at all. He tackled Isaiah and was ricocheted into Isaiah’s legs by his own player. At worst it’s a dangerous tackle. All the others you mentioned were garden variety hip drops and deserved the action taken.
Have a think about if a tiger made that same tackle in the same situation would the Tiger get away with no suspension and a fine...

He was inside the 10 metres when the fullback made contact .....we got a fair shake with the ref's......Holmes was dubious as far as suspension goes .....probably should have got a week .....the shoulder charge was the other contentious call .....I didn't have an issue his arm was away from his body just .....

I agree we got some calls go our way this game. It's an odd occurrence

No WTs sunnies. Did you see the Cowboys try from a forward pass. It was right on the line and you could see it in the reply.

Every game has bad calls for both teams. Yet the Tigers receive more bad calls than the opposition all the time. Something is not right about that.

I agree we got some calls go our way this game. It's an odd occurrence
Agree too, It's like they are trying to make up for the game two weeks ago?
As long as the calls for us don't change the game outcome in our favour. We will get them when the game is already lost.

Was talking to someone from the t NRL last night at a fundraiser they said internally the bunker is a very big problem and the amount of mistakes in the dragons Dogs game and they are trying to fix it and won't air the problems
They have to stop over thinking things.You could get some one off the street to do a better job.

Back