Adam Blair set to be released

Roysta59

A good strong prop that will put a little fear into others.
Imagine

8- Blair
9- Farah
10- Galloway
11- Ellis
12- Gibbs
13- Hieno

14- Fifita
15- Moors
16- Fulton

we dont need him anymore in my opinion…

we have gibbs, sauce, moors, fifita, payten and good development coming through. if signed he will get a pity spot on the bench pushing back some of our great talent like fulton and flanno

@LukeH said:
I'd get rid of Gibbs and get Blair any day of the week

No way, Bryce does so much work that doesnt get noticed by many… He is the glue that holds our forwards together imo.. The work he does in defence is astonishing and he never gives up...

Theres not many in the comp i would replace him with, because there are not many in the comp who do the job he does...

@Mad Tiger said:
@LukeH said:

No way, Bryce does so much work that doesnt get noticed by many… He is the glue that holds our forwards together imo.. The work he does in defence is astonishing and he never gives up...

Theres not many in the comp i would replace him with, because there are not many in the comp who do the job he does...

Very true. Gibbs has really stepped up in the last couple of years and is one of the Tigers best forwards this season.

Big fan of Gibbsy, definitely an unsung hero this year.

@LukeH said:

Everyone is entitled to an Opinion….Thank God you arent a Coach, Selector or Recruitment Officer for the Club!!!

Gibbs is essential to the Tigers and bleeds Black, White & Gold. He might not be the flashiest of Props in the Comp, but his workload and stats clearly identify he is our Number 1 Prop....

@willow said:
@Mad Tiger said:
@LukeH said:

Very true. Gibbs has really stepped up in the last couple of years and is one of the Tigers best forwards this season.

Agree,

We carried him and put up with his silly penalties for the last few years… Im happy he is in our team.

Blair vs Manu

Second row alongside Ellis with Highno at lock

gibbs has been a standout all year and will only get better i believe. give yourself an uppercutluke.

Gibbs is alright, a no frills player who does his job. In saying that Blair is a far better player and would be walk into our starting pack. I wouldnt get rid of Gibbs for him, but id be happy to lose some others, like Payten. We need a few more forwards who can make a bit more impact.

I have said it before,Blair does not like Benji,he ain't coming,if he leaves he will be a Warrior.

Why are we even discussing replacing Gibbs & Blair.

One is a front rower, the other is not.

@hadds75 said:
Gibbs is alright, a no frills player who does his job. In saying that Blair is a far better player and would be walk into our starting pack. I wouldnt get rid of Gibbs for him, but id be happy to lose some others, like Payten. We need a few more forwards who can make a bit more impact.

Yes, impact **<big>and</big>** toilers….its all about ballance.
Cant have too many of one and too few of the other, and vice versa

If one of our current props had to go, Kilo would be he.

I'd get rid of Fulton/Flanagan before Gibbs. In my opinion Flanagan and Fulton can't survive in the same team. Fulton's like 26 years of age. Unfortunately he hasn't bulked up, like many had hoped.

id get rid of payten and fulton…to get blair....flanagan does pretty much the same job as fulton and is cheaper... and paytens used by date is approaching if not already upon us

With the talent we have in 20's, I really don't think we need to buy fowards. I think in the future we can build a pack around Moors, Farah, Galloway (when he's fit and fired up), Ellis, Dwyer, Heighington with A.Fifita and Flanagan on the bench. Gibbs is an honest prop, very good defensively, but we need more 'go foward' and I don't feel Gibbs is providing this. Fulton has improved remarkably this season, but there's really not much of him. He's not the type of back-rower we need at WT.

Don't get me wrong, Blair is a great player, but we have some quality, young fowards coming through at our club, importing players would just be a burden on the cap.

If possible Id swap Galloway for Blair anyday of the week. Most probably wont agree but I think Blair is one of the best forwards in the comp and always steps up to big occasions. These days Galloway is far to injury prone which effects his form when he is on the feild, hasnt been at his best since last year.
Although slightly off topic I think that Fulton does alot more for the team then more realise. The amont of work he does in every match is only reached by at most one from each club and his quality of work is very good. People talk about how he hasnt bulked up enough but to be honest I dont really think that he needs to.
I also think that when Paytens on the feild he makes a huge difference to how our attack flows and our attacking potency.
Id consider swaping any one of them for Blair but dont think its worth two.
Regardless there is no chance of him coming to the tigers anyway..

@ron burgandy said:
id get rid of payten and fulton…to get blair....flanagan does pretty much the same job as fulton and is cheaper... and paytens used by date is approaching if not already upon us

Madness.

Payten is a rare breed - a smart forward. Reads inside balls uncannily in defense, pretty much never drops a ball (unless its to get us a penalty) and is always looking for a decent offload,

and bugger me if fulton can't play in pretty much ANY position 1-13.

Back