Adam Doueihi #227

He has to do this consistently. Doueihi has shown a lot more than Kepaoa has.

I'm not convinced AD just slots into the centres as well. To'a and Kepaoa both look good and Talau may come on. I'm not convinced Gildart is a dud either.
Doueihi is a good player. Many centres are not quick but they do have strong defence and the ability to set up the winger This is where Doueihi needs to make improvements to his game. There is a place for him but I think it will be at 13.

I hope AD also shows something when he eventually gets back on the field. But unfortunately I don't think he will show us any pace.
It will take him 2 or 3 matches to find his legs, no pun intended, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is initially rotated off the bench.

I want him at centre as soon as he's fit enough for first grade. Long term we should be looking at signing NRL standard centres and playing AD at 6 and letting Brooks and his $1.1 million a year walk
Let's just see how he goes first, it could take him the rest of this year to find his feet again with the idea to come back 2023 fully fit and firing

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 9.09.26 pm.png

Couple options ...
Depending fitness
Thoughts ..

-FB or centre for a couple of weeks. Still reckon he ends up in the 6 at some point
-If Hasto & Brooks keep gelling I don't see halves changing (besides injuries)
-AD to 6, Brooks to 9
-Utility

I think he'll be eased back in at #14. Subbing in at 6 at some point in the game, with brooks going to 9. Taking Madden's role, but should be a lot more effective.

That way he and brooks can both show what they can do in #6. Hastings is a lock at 7.

I've said it in another post, but I reckon madge set this structure up early, ready for AD's return.

I think he'll be eased back in at #14. Subbing in at 6 at some point in the game, with brooks going to 9. Taking Madden's role, but should be a lot more effective.

That way he and brooks can both show what they can do in #6. Hastings is a lock at 7.

I've said it in another post, but I reckon madge set this structure up early, ready for AD's return.
Yeh, and if you read the topic opening statement Madge says he hasn't thought about it...yeh right.
I agree it's set up for AD to return nicely.
Also Brooks has already occasionally started to play as a 9

He's our best player. The King can play wherever he wants
I think Hastings has that crown atm....Douhi was our best player until he got injured and before Hastings got here...He also has to get back on the park and reproduce his form before injury before we call him our best player...

Prob comes back in the 14. 9 comes off goes to 6, with brooks playing at 9. Think AD will have more impact than madden has had.
centre if brooks/Hastings works
season is long could end up anywhere with injuries

I agree with you Krammy about Kep, if I had to play him it would be in the centres but I doubt we could carry him on the bench.
We could do that with AD initially because he's a back utility and also to ease him back into a centre spot.

Madge hasn’t thought about it eh?
I guess he’s finally happy to have a prod to pump more adrenaline into Brooksy? 🤣
I can’t see the circumstances where he would play AD at 6. Sure he played ok there, but honestly, we looked like an under 7 team just passing the ball to our best player.
We need an effective backline to win games these days.
IMHO, AD fits best into 3,4 or 13. I think he could be happier at 13? Pseudo half..😂

Douehi played 14 games at 5/8 , scored 5 tries, 14 try assist, 5 line breaks, 16 line break assists, 36 tackle breaks and 17 offloads and 82 meters a game and only 10 errors but did have 3 missed tackles per game

Brooks has 7 games, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 2 line breaks, 5 lb assists, 13 tbs and 1 offload. 62 meters, 2 errors and 3.1 missed tack per game

Douehi to 5/8

Douehi played 14 games at 5/8 , scored 5 tries, 14 try assist, 5 line breaks, 16 line break assists, 36 tackle breaks and 17 offloads and 82 meters a game and only 10 errors but did have 3 missed tackles per game

Brooks has 7 games, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 2 line breaks, 5 lb assists, 13 tbs and 1 offload. 62 meters, 2 errors and 3.1 missed tack per game

Douehi to 5/8
AD was playing outside Brooks with a better backline, We had no problems scoring points it was our D that let us down.
This year Brooks had noone until Jacko turned up imo and he's moved to ⅝ and the team plays better.
I'm not putting it all down to Hastings either.
This is the best our halves have been with a mediocre backline. So why not make it even better by including AD outside Brooks?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back