OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

Had a chat to my dad,

Pretty much said that Douhie will be the player the Tigers need, has a voice and skills to become the captain.

His reply was: he’ll play a few years and another team will come chasing.

Which I believe is true these days.
 
@adelaidetiger said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316535) said:
Yeah I have concerns about his defence this week with him likely up against Sitili Tupouniua. I think he will do a far better than Benji did against him last year, but Sitili is a very strong runner of the ball and with Garner on his inside and Roberts on his outside, he will need to be at the top of his game.
I have almost no concerns about his offence and think Nofoaluma in particular will benefit from Adam being back.

I reckon with the footy he will be great. I'm worried his defense will be poor at times but I think his defense will be a lot better than Benji's was last year.
 
Cant see the Wighton comparison at all.

Some of our fans really like to pigeon hole our players.

Yes Doueihi played some outside back. yes Talau played at wing. Really means nothing other than they did the job that was asked of them at the time.

Talau isnt a winger and Doueihi IS a 5/8.
 
@isaaktigers said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316541) said:
Had a chat to my dad,

Pretty much said that Douhie will be the player the Tigers need, has a voice and skills to become the captain.

His reply was: he’ll play a few years and another team will come chasing.

Which I believe is true these days.

I’m not sure

He may have had a stint at souffs , but was always a tiger at heart. Can see him staying here long term with potential captaincy

But yes that would be accurate in some cases haha
 
'I let the boys down': Tiger wants to earn stripes again
Author
Alicia Newton
NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 18 Mar 2021, 08:01 AM

Wests Tigers five-eighth Adam Doueihi plans to make Luke Brooks' 150th NRL game on Sunday a memorable one after feeling like he "let the boys down" as he watched from the sidelines last week.

Doueihi will return to the line-up for the clash with the Roosters in Campbelltown after serving a one-match suspension for a shoulder charge offence that rolled over from last season.

The Lebanon international was strong in the side's 52-18 trial win against Manly last month but sat through a frustrating season opener in Canberra on Sunday.

After training the entire pre-season at five-eighth, Doueihi's return will give Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire a first look at what many believe is the side's best playmaking spine.

"I'm quite a passionate kid and pretty competitive, so I sort of let the boys down for the first game of the season which is a pretty big game for us," Doueihi said.

"I was frustrated but that's all in the past now and I'm looking forward to the next challenge in the Roosters."

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma labelled Doueihi as the "aggressor" of the new-look halves pairing after training on Wednesday and joked he'd never heard Brooks spray a teammate during a game.

Brooks, who was nearby, joked in return Nofoaluma was "on the other side of the field" and "on another planet" in games to be able to hear the playmaker fire up at his teammates.

Doueihi laughed off both comments but agreed he was naturally the more dominant talker between the pair ahead of their first NRL appearance together.

"He is a nice bloke, I can't say the same about myself," Doueihi said.

"I've always been a pretty dominant figure and Brooksy is more of a controller out there and he needs to pull me into line sometimes.

"I'm sort of spraying everyone and get a bit passionate but you need that from your half, to be calm and level headed so as long as one of us are like that, then we're all right.

"I get too dominant and too aggressive sometimes [but] we have a good connection.

"He'll look after the middles and I'll look after the edges and see what happens. Just for me knowing that I'm owning the No.6 jersey is great confidence for me.

"I played all of my junior footy there so I see it as a second chance for me to nail down that position."

After making his NRL debut in 2013, Brooks will become the 12th player to reach the 150-game milestone at the Wests Tigers.

"You don't set out individual goals for those sorts of milestones but they're nice when they come around," Brooks said.

"It's a great honour to play 150 for the club, especially at our home ground. I was disappointed after the game [last week] but with a bit of time to reflect on it, there were a few chances we missed.

"We can take plenty of confidence from that game into the Roosters."
 
@willow said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316651) said:
'I let the boys down': Tiger wants to earn stripes again
Author
Alicia Newton
NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 18 Mar 2021, 08:01 AM

Wests Tigers five-eighth Adam Doueihi plans to make Luke Brooks' 150th NRL game on Sunday a memorable one after feeling like he "let the boys down" as he watched from the sidelines last week.

Doueihi will return to the line-up for the clash with the Roosters in Campbelltown after serving a one-match suspension for a shoulder charge offence that rolled over from last season.

The Lebanon international was strong in the side's 52-18 trial win against Manly last month but sat through a frustrating season opener in Canberra on Sunday.

After training the entire pre-season at five-eighth, Doueihi's return will give Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire a first look at what many believe is the side's best playmaking spine.

"I'm quite a passionate kid and pretty competitive, so I sort of let the boys down for the first game of the season which is a pretty big game for us," Doueihi said.

"I was frustrated but that's all in the past now and I'm looking forward to the next challenge in the Roosters."

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma labelled Doueihi as the "aggressor" of the new-look halves pairing after training on Wednesday and joked he'd never heard Brooks spray a teammate during a game.

Brooks, who was nearby, joked in return Nofoaluma was "on the other side of the field" and "on another planet" in games to be able to hear the playmaker fire up at his teammates.

Doueihi laughed off both comments but agreed he was naturally the more dominant talker between the pair ahead of their first NRL appearance together.

"He is a nice bloke, I can't say the same about myself," Doueihi said.

"I've always been a pretty dominant figure and Brooksy is more of a controller out there and he needs to pull me into line sometimes.

"I'm sort of spraying everyone and get a bit passionate but you need that from your half, to be calm and level headed so as long as one of us are like that, then we're all right.

"I get too dominant and too aggressive sometimes [but] we have a good connection.

"He'll look after the middles and I'll look after the edges and see what happens. Just for me knowing that I'm owning the No.6 jersey is great confidence for me.

"I played all of my junior footy there so I see it as a second chance for me to nail down that position."

After making his NRL debut in 2013, Brooks will become the 12th player to reach the 150-game milestone at the Wests Tigers.

"You don't set out individual goals for those sorts of milestones but they're nice when they come around," Brooks said.

"It's a great honour to play 150 for the club, especially at our home ground. I was disappointed after the game [last week] but with a bit of time to reflect on it, there were a few chances we missed.

"We can take plenty of confidence from that game into the Roosters."

They're joking that brooks doesn't spray h

@willow said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316651) said:
'I let the boys down': Tiger wants to earn stripes again
Author
Alicia Newton
NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 18 Mar 2021, 08:01 AM

Wests Tigers five-eighth Adam Doueihi plans to make Luke Brooks' 150th NRL game on Sunday a memorable one after feeling like he "let the boys down" as he watched from the sidelines last week.

Doueihi will return to the line-up for the clash with the Roosters in Campbelltown after serving a one-match suspension for a shoulder charge offence that rolled over from last season.

The Lebanon international was strong in the side's 52-18 trial win against Manly last month but sat through a frustrating season opener in Canberra on Sunday.

After training the entire pre-season at five-eighth, Doueihi's return will give Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire a first look at what many believe is the side's best playmaking spine.

"I'm quite a passionate kid and pretty competitive, so I sort of let the boys down for the first game of the season which is a pretty big game for us," Doueihi said.

"I was frustrated but that's all in the past now and I'm looking forward to the next challenge in the Roosters."

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma labelled Doueihi as the "aggressor" of the new-look halves pairing after training on Wednesday and joked he'd never heard Brooks spray a teammate during a game.

Brooks, who was nearby, joked in return Nofoaluma was "on the other side of the field" and "on another planet" in games to be able to hear the playmaker fire up at his teammates.

Doueihi laughed off both comments but agreed he was naturally the more dominant talker between the pair ahead of their first NRL appearance together.

"He is a nice bloke, I can't say the same about myself," Doueihi said.

"I've always been a pretty dominant figure and Brooksy is more of a controller out there and he needs to pull me into line sometimes.

"I'm sort of spraying everyone and get a bit passionate but you need that from your half, to be calm and level headed so as long as one of us are like that, then we're all right.

"I get too dominant and too aggressive sometimes [but] we have a good connection.

"He'll look after the middles and I'll look after the edges and see what happens. Just for me knowing that I'm owning the No.6 jersey is great confidence for me.

"I played all of my junior footy there so I see it as a second chance for me to nail down that position."

After making his NRL debut in 2013, Brooks will become the 12th player to reach the 150-game milestone at the Wests Tigers.

"You don't set out individual goals for those sorts of milestones but they're nice when they come around," Brooks said.

"It's a great honour to play 150 for the club, especially at our home ground. I was disappointed after the game [last week] but with a bit of time to reflect on it, there were a few chances we missed.

"We can take plenty of confidence from that game into the Roosters."

Shows that brooks is no dominant half if he can't even yell at his team mates. Good to hear that one of our halves has the leadership qualities to yell and organise the team, he really will be one of our main guys this year I feel
 
@the_patriot said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316479) said:
@barnzee said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316358) said:
He will need too shine because we dont have much else

Exactly.

This season comes down to him.

Its a case of Doueihi or dontihi

Boo.
 
@jc99 said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316655) said:
"He’ll look after the middles and I’ll look after the edges and see what happens. Just for me knowing that I’m owning the No.6 jersey is great confidence for me.

That's an interesting way to split the roles.
 
@masterton said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316785) said:
@jc99 said in [WT back Adam Doueihi to shine at five\-eighth](/post/1316655) said:
"He’ll look after the middles and I’ll look after the edges and see what happens. Just for me knowing that I’m owning the No.6 jersey is great confidence for me.

That's an interesting way to split the roles.

It’s pretty traditional to be honest. Having the Half and Hooker organise the plays off the forwards with the 5/8s and Fullbacks playing in the backline at the back end of the set.
Laurie is a ball playing fullback so that helps us there.
I really wanted us to play that way last year with Grant and Brooks as I feel that the two could of benefited from a rolling ruck be interesting to see how Brooks role works with our hookers.
Another point is it would also make it easier for Madden to cover Brooks if for whatever reason needed.
 
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.
 
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

Agreed..
 
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

As Joey Leilua is a centre too and Luke Brooks is out number 7 ....
doesn't necessarily mean it is a good selection
 
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

do think AD will play better than last week again not many other options
 
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

I'm not 100% sold on him as a 5/8th yet but am willing to give him more time in the position. He needs to be better than he was on Sunday though.
 
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1321005) said:
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

I'm not 100% sold on him as a 5/8th yet but am willing to give him more time in the position. He needs to be better than he was on Sunday though.

One more time ?
He gets the entire season and he will !
 
@jedi_tiger said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1321004) said:
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

do think AD will play better than last week again not many other options

Yes i have no doubts. Its a work in progress i wont lie but he has all the attributes and i think by mid season he will be talked about as one of the best 5/8 prospects in the league.
 
@hobbo1 said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1321008) said:
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1321005) said:
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

I'm not 100% sold on him as a 5/8th yet but am willing to give him more time in the position. He needs to be better than he was on Sunday though.

One more time ?
He gets the entire season and he will !

I like him, just want to see evidence that he has improved a few weaknesses in his game.
 
@cochise said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1321005) said:
@the_patriot said in [Adam Doueihi signs till 2023\.\.Official](/post/1320981) said:
Seen a heap of members suggesting Doueihi be moved to the centres.

Im not sure of their level of interest in the club or how much they might read on the subject but **Adam Doueihi is our 5/8**.

**He is our 5/8.**

Deal with it and throw a bit of support behind the guy.

He will be one of the shining lights this season.

I'm not 100% sold on him as a 5/8th yet but am willing to give him more time in the position. He needs to be better than he was on Sunday though.


The 1 to 17 need to better than they were on Sunday.

Given the selections and how the coach responded to the perfomance however i guess the only thing that can screw Doueihi up is being told what he did is good enough.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top