OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

I liked the energy and quick distribution that Mbye brought to 5/8. AD's game would immediately improve if he took that on board.
So it's likely Mbye moves on, with Hastings slotting straight in I'd look to play him as 7 and move Brooks to 6.
And if Hastings works at 7, what's not to say AD would be an ideal running #6? - pending the future of Brooks of course - and if that is the case, I understand why we are covering bases with signing centres.
Plenty of moving pieces at present.
 
@spartan117 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364156) said:
AD is the heart of the Tigers now IMO.

Gotta make him captain and somehow bottle his mentality and put it on everyone else’s weet bix.
 
@851 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364320) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363382) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363381) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363378) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363373) said:
Our centres and Luc got a lot more ball tonight. Such a far better organised team in attack getting strike players clearly involved.

Be interesting to see if it would make a difference to Roberts game.

I'm sure it would. But where would you play him? In place of Talau if he returns soon?

Probably, Talau made some bad errors tonight, flicking the ball inside was horrendous.

Talau has far too many errors in his game, if we are fair dinkum, we need far better


He made 2 mistakes with one of them resulting in a better outcome for us.. he had a good game.
 
One thing worth noting is he’s sitting 7th on the Dally M ladder. Ahead of players like Tedesco, Benji, and Moses. He won’t win it, but that’s a testament to how well he’s travelling.
 
@gnr4life said in [Doueihi](/post/1364617) said:
One thing worth noting is he’s sitting 7th on the Dally M ladder. Ahead of players like Tedesco, Benji, and Moses. He won’t win it, but that’s a testament to how well he’s travelling.

You summed it up well one time, a deadset star.
 
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.
 
@gnr4life said in [Doueihi](/post/1363255) said:
How good is this man? You can’t convince he wouldn’t not be in the Origin frame if he played for a stronger side.

So if he already looks like an Origin star- does it matter which club he plays for ???:anguished:
 
With big centres like BJ and Douehi, we can afford to go wide early as they can straighten quite well. With smaller centre in Roberts, there is always a risk of him getting bundled into touch so he'd try and cut back too early but didn't have the frame to pull through.

I'm hoping it can help our short side play.
 
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364652) said:
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.

Exactly, people forget its about TEAM performance.
 
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364652) said:
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.

I disagree. I think Madge re-shuffled the deck to get a reaction and he got one. I don't see it working long term because this is not our best 17 in the positions and it's definitely not long term thinking because Mbye is more than likely leaving next year.

The reason I see it working is that we play Knights and Warriors, two out of form teams. If we manage to string 2-3 wins together, the confidence goes up and we play with our tails wagging. However, I see this as a low chance of happening, and again not long term but enough to take the pressure off Madge and the club.
 
@tig_prmz said in [Doueihi](/post/1364692) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364652) said:
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.

I disagree. I think Madge re-shuffled the deck to get a reaction and he got one. I don't see it working long term because this is not our best 17 in the positions and it's definitely not long term thinking because Mbye is more than likely leaving next year.

The reason I see it working is that we play Knights and Warriors, two out of form teams. If we manage to string 2-3 wins together, the confidence goes up and we play with our tails wagging. However, I see this as a low chance of happening, and again not long term but enough to take the pressure off Madge and the club.

The result speaks for itself.
 
@tigerblood93 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364600) said:
@851 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364320) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363382) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363381) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363378) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363373) said:
Our centres and Luc got a lot more ball tonight. Such a far better organised team in attack getting strike players clearly involved.

Be interesting to see if it would make a difference to Roberts game.

I'm sure it would. But where would you play him? In place of Talau if he returns soon?

Probably, Talau made some bad errors tonight, flicking the ball inside was horrendous.

Talau has far too many errors in his game, if we are fair dinkum, we need far better


He made 2 mistakes with one of them resulting in a better outcome for us.. he had a good game.

He makes them every week mate, go rewatch our games, and they are usually crucial ones at that
 
I agree with the gushing over Adam, he is a very good player and Im very glad we have him, but I do also think he suffers from his utility value. He is VERY good, but not quite elite in any one position.

Im not convinced he is a star five eight. He can do a good job there but might not be the best. At this stage I think he is best at centre for us. Doesnt hurt to have a skillful player in the centres.
 
@tiger5150 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364751) said:
Im not convinced he is a star five eight. He can do a good job there but might not be the best. At this stage I think he is best at centre for us. Doesnt hurt to have a skillful player in the centres.

Agreed 100%

He is an excellent runner of the footy with some ball playing ability

People seem to be forgetting that his individual brilliance in the halves was sometimes detrimental to the teams performance tho
 
@tiger5150 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364751) said:
I agree with the gushing over Adam, he is a very good player and Im very glad we have him, but I do also think he suffers from his utility value. He is VERY good, but not quite elite in any one position.

Im not convinced he is a star five eight. He can do a good job there but might not be the best. At this stage I think he is best at centre for us. Doesnt hurt to have a skillful player in the centres.

Blake Austin 2.0
 
@barra said in [Doueihi](/post/1364332) said:
I liked the energy and quick distribution that Mbye brought to 5/8. AD's game would immediately improve if he took that on board.
So it's likely Mbye moves on, with Hastings slotting straight in I'd look to play him as 7 and move Brooks to 6.
And if Hastings works at 7, what's not to say AD would be an ideal running #6? - pending the future of Brooks of course - and if that is the case, I understand why we are covering bases with signing centres.
Plenty of moving pieces at present.

I agree with everything but this
" I understand why we are covering bases with signing centres."

Honestly I have no idea why we are doing this. If we decide to get Hastings at 7, (honestly Hastings seems to be a reserve half, reserve like Marshall, Reserve aka not meant to normally play...like Marshall did not). Then AD at 5/8 why not put Brooks at Center?
Seriously we had the best Winger in Pat Richards. Yet Jason Taylor cut him out because a Winger has to Run the ball. Not pass, not do any of the insane try assists Pat did. So what if they win us Games.

My point. Brooks could still be on the books. Do we try to offload him and pay some team 300k+ to take him. Or do we shift him to another position?

Why Sign Centers?? We have 1.4M in Centers at the moment. Dont we want a position for Junior players to go into?
 
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364710) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Doueihi](/post/1364692) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364652) said:
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.

I disagree. I think Madge re-shuffled the deck to get a reaction and he got one. I don't see it working long term because this is not our best 17 in the positions and it's definitely not long term thinking because Mbye is more than likely leaving next year.

The reason I see it working is that we play Knights and Warriors, two out of form teams. If we manage to string 2-3 wins together, the confidence goes up and we play with our tails wagging. However, I see this as a low chance of happening, and again not long term but enough to take the pressure off Madge and the club.

The result speaks for itself.

The one against the Knights? Definitely a better performance but it's worthless unless backed up.
 
@tig_prmz said in [Doueihi](/post/1364789) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364710) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Doueihi](/post/1364692) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Doueihi](/post/1364652) said:
Turns out that Madge knew what he was doing. The team dynamic was a lot better for Mbye being moved to the halves and Doueihi out to the centres. Having Doueihi there still allowed us the third playmaking option as well. We still didn't play deep but there looked to be a lot more cohesion in attack, and for once our centre pairing dominated.

I disagree. I think Madge re-shuffled the deck to get a reaction and he got one. I don't see it working long term because this is not our best 17 in the positions and it's definitely not long term thinking because Mbye is more than likely leaving next year.

The reason I see it working is that we play Knights and Warriors, two out of form teams. If we manage to string 2-3 wins together, the confidence goes up and we play with our tails wagging. However, I see this as a low chance of happening, and again not long term but enough to take the pressure off Madge and the club.

The result speaks for itself.

The one against the Knights? Definitely a better performance but it's worthless unless backed up.

You can only play what's in front of you.

He made the change, it paid off, at least in the short term.
 
"I'm most comfortable at six. But I'm not bigger than the team. The roster we've got at the moment, I fit in at centre," he said on Monday.

"I took it good, I heard what (Maguire) was saying, and once he did explain it to me I did agree with him," Doueihi said.

"We've moved on pretty quickly. There's no point me dwelling on it.

"It worked well on the weekend and I thought Moses and Brooksy controlled the game really well and built pressure on the opposition, which is what we planned to do.

"I'm happy at centre and felt comfortable there every time I've played there."
https://bit.ly/3bxghbo
 

Latest posts

Back
Top