OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.
 
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.
 
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

I don’t know either so you may be right.
 
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364227) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

I don’t know either so you may be right.

We'll see in 2022 brother,
Inshallah.

?
 
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364087) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Doueihi](/post/1364084) said:
Question is this ...Douehi doesn't want to be a centre

Are people worried he might want to leave at contracts end if we play him at 3/4 continually ??

He still has areas of his game to work on as a 5/8th but he is progressing nicely in that role. I think his game is better at 5/8th but the outside backs play better with someone like Mbye as the 5/8th until he improves those areas of his game.

Its a hard one

He’s a natural centre
He’s a manufactured 5/8
 
@hobbo1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364237) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364087) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Doueihi](/post/1364084) said:
Question is this ...Douehi doesn't want to be a centre

Are people worried he might want to leave at contracts end if we play him at 3/4 continually ??

He still has areas of his game to work on as a 5/8th but he is progressing nicely in that role. I think his game is better at 5/8th but the outside backs play better with someone like Mbye as the 5/8th until he improves those areas of his game.

Its a hard one

He’s a natural centre
He’s a manufactured 5/8

Certainly looking that way but after only one game we’ll have to wait and see.
 
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

My initial thoughts were of Hastings primarily in the role of a mobile ball playing lock in the new faster game and filling in at dummy half for spells, whilst also covering for the halves. Sure, he is untested there, but is tough having defended in the middle and not small.

My opinion remains as I expect Doueihi to return to the halves at some point, but if not, Jackson will likely partner Brooks.
 
@formerguest said in [Doueihi](/post/1364243) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

My initial thoughts were of Hastings primarily in the role of a mobile ball playing lock in the new faster game and filling in at dummy half for spells, whilst also covering for the halves. Sure, he is untested there, but is tough having defended in the middle and not small.

My opinion remains as I expect Doueihi to return to the halves at some point, but if not, Jackson will likely partner Brooks.

Yeah part of me thinking Douihei to centre could be permanent.

Hastings to 7 or 6 is a serious question.

I wouldn't mind,

7 Hastings
6 Brooks

If Hastings can deliver.

But yeah Douihei at 6 is also an option.
We will see.
 
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.
 
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364270) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.

Gildart isn't over the line yet so interest in Gagai could be plan b. Doueihi is still a better centre than 5/8th.
 
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364277) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364270) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.

Gildart isn't over the line yet so interest in Gagai could be plan b. Doueihi is still a better centre than 5/8th.

He's also a very good 5/8, played very well there in only his first few games there in the top grade. Plenty to learn but once he rounds his game out there he will be excellent.

Think his position might depend on who we sign, if we get a couple good centres then maybe he goes back to 5/8 or vice versa. It's good that he can play well at both

We definitely need a centre for next season or maybe even two
 
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364288) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364277) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364270) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.

Gildart isn't over the line yet so interest in Gagai could be plan b. Doueihi is still a better centre than 5/8th.

He's also a very good 5/8, played very well there in only his first few games there in the top grade. Plenty to learn but once he rounds his game out there he will be excellent.

Think his position might depend on who we sign, if we get a couple good centres then maybe he goes back to 5/8 or vice versa. It's good that he can play well at both

We definitely need a centre for next season or maybe even two

He is developing as a 5/8th, still has areas he needs to greatly improve but is progressing well. At this point in time centre is his best position but I expect that may be different in 12 months time.
 
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364291) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364288) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364277) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364270) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.

Gildart isn't over the line yet so interest in Gagai could be plan b. Doueihi is still a better centre than 5/8th.

He's also a very good 5/8, played very well there in only his first few games there in the top grade. Plenty to learn but once he rounds his game out there he will be excellent.

Think his position might depend on who we sign, if we get a couple good centres then maybe he goes back to 5/8 or vice versa. It's good that he can play well at both

We definitely need a centre for next season or maybe even two

He is developing as a 5/8th, still has areas he needs to greatly improve but is progressing well. At this point in time centre is his best position but I expect that may be different in 12 months time.

It'll be interesting to see what the plan is - only way for him to improve at 5/8 is to play there. Hopefully he's not switched back and forth too much
 
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364292) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364291) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364288) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1364277) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364270) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

The paper reckons he was signed to play as a lock doing some playmaking but he could take the 7 jersey too I reckon.

Doueihi at centre was more about brooks than AD, he's a gun at 5/8 and centre and we've signed Gildart apparently and want gagai too.

Gildart isn't over the line yet so interest in Gagai could be plan b. Doueihi is still a better centre than 5/8th.

He's also a very good 5/8, played very well there in only his first few games there in the top grade. Plenty to learn but once he rounds his game out there he will be excellent.

Think his position might depend on who we sign, if we get a couple good centres then maybe he goes back to 5/8 or vice versa. It's good that he can play well at both

We definitely need a centre for next season or maybe even two

He is developing as a 5/8th, still has areas he needs to greatly improve but is progressing well. At this point in time centre is his best position but I expect that may be different in 12 months time.

It'll be interesting to see what the plan is - only way for him to improve at 5/8 is to play there. Hopefully he's not switched back and forth too much

The hard part at the moment is it adds to his game to play 5/8th but detracts from the game of the players playing outside him.
 
@formerguest said in [Doueihi](/post/1364243) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

My initial thoughts were of Hastings primarily in the role of a mobile ball playing lock in the new faster game and filling in at dummy half for spells, whilst also covering for the halves. Sure, he is untested there, but is tough having defended in the middle and not small.

My opinion remains as I expect Doueihi to return to the halves at some point, but if not, Jackson will likely partner Brooks.

I think Fridays game showed what 3 ball players can do.

I was a sack Brooks member, but he did show what he can deliver, just hope he noted it as well.

So, Brooks at 7, Hastings at 6 and Doueihi at centre, I think they can find a way to get it to work quite well?
 
@tigerwest said in [Doueihi](/post/1364297) said:
@formerguest said in [Doueihi](/post/1364243) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364222) said:
@mike said in [Doueihi](/post/1364220) said:
@demps said in [Doueihi](/post/1364215) said:
@jc99 said in [Doueihi](/post/1364214) said:
Doueihi will go back to 5/8 I reckon by next year, if he doesn't we will need to sign a 5/8 to replace him because Mbye will surely be gone.

Wondering where Hastings fits into all of this?

Replacement and/or backup for Brooks if he doesn’t get his act together by the end of the season.

Idk...
I think there's more to this Signing than just that.

My initial thoughts were of Hastings primarily in the role of a mobile ball playing lock in the new faster game and filling in at dummy half for spells, whilst also covering for the halves. Sure, he is untested there, but is tough having defended in the middle and not small.

My opinion remains as I expect Doueihi to return to the halves at some point, but if not, Jackson will likely partner Brooks.

I think Fridays game showed what 3 ball players can do.

I was a sack Brooks member, but he did show what he can deliver, just hope he noted it as well.

So, Brooks at 7, Hastings at 6 and Doueihi at centre, I think they can find a way to get it to work quite well?

I feel it worked well too and have long been a proponent of an extra set of slick hands around the middle, noting that Maguire has been trying options there, on and off for the best part of a year.

Without knowing his thoughts, I was thinking early on this season that he wanted to develop another option in that role whilst pushing Adam for necessary improvements in defence, along with better regular service to his outside when wearing the six jumper to allow retaining him there throughout the year.

In the end and despite Doueihi's individual form in other areas, a team is the sum of it's parts, so some weeks ago I conceded that my initial thoughts on his readiness/completeness to play a top grade half role were inflated and change was warranted.
 
If we lose touch with the 8 over the next month or so I’d rather play Doueihi at 5/8 and help him develop his total game (defence, distribution ). But until then surely we stick with mbye/brooks halves combo as it is probably the best balance today and it also keeps mbye in the shop window in a more valuable position
 
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363382) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363381) said:
@cochise said in [Doueihi](/post/1363378) said:
@rihannafan1 said in [Doueihi](/post/1363373) said:
Our centres and Luc got a lot more ball tonight. Such a far better organised team in attack getting strike players clearly involved.

Be interesting to see if it would make a difference to Roberts game.

I'm sure it would. But where would you play him? In place of Talau if he returns soon?

Probably, Talau made some bad errors tonight, flicking the ball inside was horrendous.

Talau has far too many errors in his game, if we are fair dinkum, we need far better
 
You really have to hand it to Madge for making the decision to move him to centre imagine if it didn’t come off
 
@tigertownsfs said in [Doueihi](/post/1364316) said:
If we lose touch with the 8 over the next month or so I’d rather play Doueihi at 5/8 and help him develop his total game (defence, distribution ). But until then surely we stick with mbye/brooks halves combo as it is probably the best balance today and it also keeps mbye in the shop window in a more valuable position

Would you keep Mbye on a lower salary?
Would you keep BJ on a lower salary?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top