Adam Doueihi #227

Don't think we need someone who publicly blames his teammates for his own shortcomings.
I agree, a no jersey kissing can ever substitute the effort especially in the defence. And what would he say after another try is scored on his side "sorry guys, my stupid decisions, and luck of my effort in the training for years, cost us this try, lets ALL put more effort"??

Twal is the best option to start the year.

The thing is you are giving it to him and then taking it away when AD comes back. I think Twal is the best option apart from AD though.

I thought Twal looked good on the weekend. He makes the team.

AD as club captain. He can do that role as he recovers and can continue once he is fit and firing on the field.
Big Stef as the on field captain. Not sure what his communication is like, but how could any ref say no to that smile.
Big Stef still has training wheels on as a player.
Doueihi is still on his p plates.
Let them develop and use someone else to lead.

I’m leaning towards Hastings. Just need to witness his re-entry and on field marshalling of the troops first.
I agree. If Hastings has fit in as well as they say then he can hold the spot until Douehi comes back. Just hope they can both kill it in first grade first and foremost. It’s a sad reflection on the club that we don’t have many leaders to choose from

Reactions: BZN
I agree. If Hastings has fit in as well as they say then he can hold the spot until Douehi comes back. Just hope they can both kill it in first grade first and foremost. It’s a sad reflection on the club that we don’t have many leaders to choose from
What happens to Hastings when Doueihi is fit though?

NRL 2022: Wests Tigers to reveal five-man leadership group after captaincy overhaul​

The Wests Tigers have overhauled the club’s leadership structure over the preseason after bringing in leadership guru Dan Haesler.

Brent ReadBrent Read
Follow

@brentread_7

5 min read
February 22, 2022 - 11:16AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Wests Tigers are set to confirm a five-man leadership group today.
The group will include James Tamou, Luke Brooks, Adam Doueihi, Ken Maumalo and Tyrone Peachey and is expected to share responsibility for the captaincy this season.

Tamou led the side last season but the club has overhauled its leadership structure over the preseason after bringing in leadership guru Dan Haesler.

While Tamou, Brooks and Doueihi were part of the leadership group last season, they have been joined by Peachey and Maumalo as part of the revised structure.

The Tigers drafted in Haeslar, the leadership guru used by Shaun Johnson, to help them sift through their captaincy candidates.

Haesler wrote the book, ‘The Act of Leadership’ and his website includes testimonials from the Canberra Raiders and Warriors star Johnson – the latter claimed Haesler “unlocked him” during the 2020 season.

Maguire was reluctant to discuss the captaincy conundrum on Monday. If anything, he was surprised by the interest in the role, which flared on Friday night after Tamou was asked during the side’s loss to Manly whether he would lead the side again this season.

The Tigers were overpowered by the Sea Eagles, although in their defence they had a number of their starting side on the sidelines. Maumalo, Jackson Hastings, Luke Garner and Dane Laurie are all expected to come into the side for their second and final trial against the Sydney Roosters on Friday night.

No coach is under as much pressure as Maguire to get immediate results heading into the start of the premiership and the Tigers mentor needs his players singing from the same hymn sheet.

The decision to bring in Haesler to help shows how determined the club is to get their leadership right.

They have looked rudderless at times in recent years and Haesler claims on his website to be a coach “whose work focuses on creating happier, healthier and higher performance”.

He also claims to work with leaders “in order to help them, and the people they lead, to thrive, professionally and personally”.

His website features a testimonial attributed to the Canberra Raiders which reads: “Engaging, relevant and challenging. Dan Haesler was inspiring, it allowed us to think differently in regard to how we make decisions both inside and outside the footballing environment of the NRL.”

Johnson went a step further when he talked about the work he did with Haesler on the Matty Johns show on Fox League.

“Dan has unlocked me,” Johnson said.

“Early on in the 2020 season I was struggling and copped a fair bit of criticism. What he has been able to give me in terms of belief and trusting myself has been the reason for my turnaround.”

I'm doing very well thankyou @MAGPIES1963.
It's been a bit crazy with sleep times as my little boy was born 11 days ago .

Finesttigers
February 22, 2022
Sports Newsroom

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of junior Jonty.

For the past nine months, Jonty had been training under the watchful eye of his coach Lauren with the coach declaring that she is more than pleased with his development.

We see Jonty as a great and exciting addition to our club, welcome Jonty and congratulations to coach Lauren for her major involvement in his development.

Last edited:
Doueihi is a fine candidate but I would like to see him on-filed asap so concentrating on his rehab is the first priority.

Until Douehi comes back, go for Hastings. That's his natural game.
I tend to agree. I think if Hastings shows a bit of leadership on field in the next trial that he would currently be the best qualified to take on that role.

If he fails to show those leadership qualities then I don't know who would be best to take on the role, but ideally it should be someone that plays big minutes.

Please not Noffo and please don't put more pressure and responsibility on Brooksy, he just doesn't need it.

This is the third time I have received a notification from you this morning so you must pay quite a bit. For someone who made post a while ago saying the forum needs more civility, you don’t really practice that yourself at times.
C'mon @GNR4LIFE....... Cobar is one of the most respectful posters on here, and he does amazing work [he will probably be to humble to admit to it though] helping our mentally and physically disabled retired Army Vets, and he is one of the badly injured as well.
He gave you a very minor raspberry and that's all.
Have a great day :)

Awww thanks everyone for the kind words. Much appreciate them.
Just be warned that there's every likelihood I'll be calling for some advice over the years.
I'm sure uncle @Merlot will be handy or helpful (for me) during teething. Or that the many yarns told on the forum would make for some great bedtime reading.
Love you guys.

Last edited:
It's been a bit crazy with sleep times as my little boy was born 11 days ago and I still feel like I haven't slept since then - even though he's often sleeping.
I've never felt this much love for another human being. He's a good baby and only cries when he's hungry. So I'm absolutely dreading that the worst is yet to come and what it entails.
While I wanted to name him Brooks or Jonah, we eventually settled on Jonty.
I honestly can't wait to take him to his first Tigers game.

How are you travelling? Hope all is well.
G'day @Lauren WOW...a Happy and Healthy New Mum 😁 and Baby Jonty 🥰....... Congratulations, another Wests Tigers supporter.
Isn't this WTF 'the best'......with a member being able to share her HAPPINESS with Us.
Ps.......we could do with a 'few more' supporters though Lauren :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It's been a bit crazy with sleep times as my little boy was born 11 days ago and I still feel like I haven't slept since then - even though he's often sleeping.
I've never felt this much love for another human being. He's a good baby and only cries when he's hungry. So I'm absolutely dreading that the worst is yet to come and what it entails.
While I wanted to name him Brooks or Jonah, we eventually settled on Jonty.
I honestly can't wait to take him to his first Tigers game.

How are you travelling? Hope all is well.
Congratulations Lauren for bringing another life into the world, stay happy and healthy.

Finesttigers
February 22, 2022
Sports Newsroom

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of junior Jonty.

For the past nine months, Jonty had been training under watchful eye of his coach Lauren with the coach declaring that she is more than pleased with his development.

We see Jonty as a great and exciting addition to our club, welcome Jonty and congratulations to coach Lauren for her major involvement in his development.
Good post @FinestTigers .......great imagination and thinking outside the square (y)

Awww thanks everyone for the kind words. Much appreciate them.
Just be warned that there's every likelihood I'll be calling for some advice over the years.
I'm sure uncle @Merlot will be handy or helpful (for me) when Jonty's teething. Or that the many yarns told on the forum would make for some great bedtime stories/reading.
Love you guys.
God bless you/partner and your bundle of joy

Latest posts

Members online

Back