OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

So when is he supposed to be back?

He is taking up a spot and they need to bring in new players …

If he is gunna miss half the year then just pay him out
I've seen this said a few times, about a few players. I'm pretty sure you can't just pay someone out. I've tried to find something suggesting you can and there is nothing (that I can find at least).
People reference Biondi-Odo at Dogs. But he was released from his contract, not payed out.
 
Out of mind, out of sight.

However..

Saw him on the field with big smiles all around. I still believe this guy LOVES the Tigers.

I thought he could be #1. Bula changes that. I thought he could be #6. Wakeham is better than him there.

We DO need 2 strong centres. To'a is one. I honestly think when you already have a player of Doueihi's ability, you don't spurn it. We aren't a rich enough club to act that way.

Doueihi should be our other centre. It's probably his best spot in reality. And he provides cover for nearly everyone in the backfield.
Yet Doueihi Shirked Centre.

It was there for him and he said NO. Hastings could have been our half or 5/8 and that would have been far far better for us.

Doueihi said no to Centre.

Now its "fire up son" "train harder son" worked like you have never worked before and...

For a position he said no to!

I reckon the guy likes the tigers. I reckon we have a min value reserve back if he really wants to stay.
He ain't coming back. Superleague it is or were 17th again.
 
I've seen this said a few times, about a few players. I'm pretty sure you can't just pay someone out. I've tried to find something suggesting you can and there is nothing (that I can find at least).
People reference Biondi-Odo at Dogs. But he was released from his contract, not payed out.
what about Mautalino(?) with his toe,its possible
 
I've seen this said a few times, about a few players. I'm pretty sure you can't just pay someone out. I've tried to find something suggesting you can and there is nothing (that I can find at least).
People reference Biondi-Odo at Dogs. But he was released from his contract, not payed out.

I was actually under the impression the Tigers have just done this for a player in the Top 30 this year who was signed to a Top 30 contract next year - Rua Ngatikaura
 
I was actually under the impression the Tigers have just done this for a player in the Top 30 this year who was signed to a Top 30 contract next year - Rua Ngatikaura
Again, I've seen nothing suggesting he was paid out. I understand he was on our books for 24 and now he is not. But I can't find the reasoning. 25 was a Club option? Needed to meet kpis to trigger his 24 contract? Released? No reason to assume his contract was payed out. Maybe it was and I'm wrong, I'm far from certain but I don't believe it is allowed.
 
Again, I've seen nothing suggesting he was paid out. I understand he was on our books for 24 and now he is not. But I can't find the reasoning. 25 was a Club option? Needed to meet kpis to trigger his 24 contract? Released? No reason to assume his contract was payed out. Maybe it was and I'm wrong, I'm far from certain but I don't believe it is allowed.

Well.. I heard somewhere ( could have been here ) that they paid him out…

If I’m mistaken fair enough,,, but it seems you have no concrete evidence to the contrary either
 
Well.. I heard somewhere ( could have been here ) that they paid him out…

If I’m mistaken fair enough,,, but it seems you have no concrete evidence to the contrary either
No, definitely nothing concrete. Just that I've heard a bunch of cap rules discussed on various podcasts in the past and from what i recall this would be a breach.
As I said I'm definitely not certain of it, fairly sure but not certain. Is there any evidence of anyone ever being paid out of their contract?
 
No, definitely nothing concrete. Just that I've heard a bunch of cap rules discussed on various podcasts in the past and from what i recall this would be a breach.
As I said I'm definitely not certain of it, fairly sure but not certain. Is there any evidence of anyone ever being paid out of their contract?

Here is a sample contract of the NSWRL…


According to Section 17…the player can be released subject to the rest of the contract being paid out…

Not sure why the NRL would be different ? ( I can’t find one )
 
No, definitely nothing concrete. Just that I've heard a bunch of cap rules discussed on various podcasts in the past and from what i recall this would be a breach.
As I said I'm definitely not certain of it, fairly sure but not certain. Is there any evidence of anyone ever being paid out of their contract?
sam burgess ,inglis
 
No, definitely nothing concrete. Just that I've heard a bunch of cap rules discussed on various podcasts in the past and from what i recall this would be a breach.
As I said I'm definitely not certain of it, fairly sure but not certain. Is there any evidence of anyone ever being paid out of their contract?

Was just thinking of some thing else why this doesn’t make any sense…

Clubs pay part of players salary to play for other clubs… we know this happens all the time..

In theory they could pay 100 per cent of the players salary to go and play for another club… so why couldn’t they pay a 100 percent of their salary not to play at all?
 
I dont know …

I don’t get your point though,., the money paid out on a Top 30 player who gets released will still count towards the Salary Cap … so what’s the issue?
I don't really think there necessarily should be an issue, I just believe that it is a cap rule I have heard referenced previously.
I can see an arguement for why it should be allowed. Other posters in the past have suggested that Doueihi's contract wouldn't be counted which would be easy to see reasoning for not being allowed.
 
Was just thinking of some thing else why this doesn’t make any sense…

Clubs pay part of players salary to play for other clubs… we know this happens all the time..

In theory they could pay 100 per cent of the players salary to go and play for another club… so why couldn’t they pay a 100 percent of their salary not to play at all?
This is a very good point.
 
Both medically retired. Although the Inglis one seemed a bit dodgy it was ruled a medical retirement at the time.
players get paid out to move on all the time,not quite what your talking about,but where there is a will n all,Twal for instance ,maybe we didnt chip in enough to move him on,i think Doueihi is prime pickings for medical retirement,Funicane style
 
I don't really think there necessarily should be an issue, I just believe that it is a cap rule I have heard referenced previously.
I can see an arguement for why it should be allowed. Other posters in the past have suggested that Doueihi's contract wouldn't be counted which would be easy to see reasoning for not being allowed.

If you dont have anything else … I’ll leave it at that … doesn’t really seem to make sense to me..

Perhaps the podcast you heard was mistaken …
 

Latest posts

Back
Top