As you would expect we changed our defensive pattern, compressed it and went up and in when they spread the ball. AD simply overcommitted twice - the issue I have with it wasn't the overcommitment - that can be coached and fixed. The issue I have is his complete lack of effort once he made the decision. I have heard the lack of energy and first game back arguments and they don't cut it - he outpaced Weekes over 80m not long afterwards. He has always faded in and out of games and that is the issue with him.
Is he servicable at centre - sure is. Does he provide some great options in attack - yep. Has his defence in general improved - I give it a plus. But unless he picks up his game he will cost us in key matches going forward. Games where we can't afford for him to gift 12 points to the opposition.
Fix his ability to put in on both sides of the ball for 80 minutes and he is a keeper. But, if we are serious about being a top 4 team and winning competitions, and he continues to fade in and out of games, as soon as we have a suitable recruit he will make a great depth player or better still an opponent we can target!