Addo Carr signs with Storm...

vlad

Apparently will be in tomorrow's RLW that we've signed him from Sharks u20s . About time one went the other way .

Interestingly he featured in this article a few weeks ago as one to watch for next year …

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-lowdown-round-25-whos-on-the-cusp-and-whos-on-the-block/story-fnp0lyn3-1227496842239

Weird signing.

He's a Winger/centre. We have Heleta and Seve who are both the same age and same position as him.

NSW Cup needs a lot more players. Seve, Heleta, Addo Carr could easily all be in the same team.

Josh Addo-Carr

Written by STEVEN RUSSO, September 23, 2015

THE Wests Tigers have signed speedy Cronulla NYC winger Josh Addo-Carr to a one-year deal.

Addo-Carr, 20, was arguably the fastest player in the NYC this year and was a shining light for the struggling Sharks who came second last in the under 20s.

The Moore Park junior’s manager George Ghazal says his client is looking forward to ripping in at the Tigers next year.

“He can play fullback, centre and wing,” Ghazal says.

“And with Patty Richards leaving it’s opened up a spot on the left edge.”

Addo-Carr is the grandson of accomplished Australian boxer Wally Carr.
\
\
\
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/tigers-snare-speedy-sharks-winger-josh-addo-carr/

Really like the look of this young guy, is a real natural runner of the ball with great balance and speed , can go the length of the field and looks ok in defence as well. IMO at this point in his career i think he will be better then Seve and Heleta . Nice pick up and good luck to him.

Very nice. Big enough to hold up on the wing, fast enough to cause problems & looks willing in defence.

I thought wing was a bigger weakness next season over centre anyway as Naqaima looks much better in the centres than on the wing where his catching can be hit & miss.

Addo Carr & Tedesco could cause a few head aches with speed.

This kid is something, I first thought why do we keep signing backs and not forwards but then I realised who this kid was.

I remember watching him play our 20s late this year he was easily the best on ground he plays on the right side very dangerous got good footwork and very quick and a strong defender, I can easily see him playing regular first grade footy in the future

HIM AND TEDESCO WOULD BE A VERY GOOD LINK UP

GOOD SIGNING :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@innsaneink said:
Certainly has speed to burn….video highlights above link

Thanks for the heads up on the video, else I wouldn't have checked the link.

Seems to have been only playing on the left as a threequarter, but chimed in on the right when playing at the back and is left handed so could possibly transform into a right centre.

Yeah he's got loads of ability.

When the tigers belted cronulla late in the season he was by far the most dangerous player on the field. He's fast, and he's got enough size.

As long as he's not as dumb as Lodge he'll be good for us.

That is the first signing I have been excited about in years.

We'll see how he fills out over the off season, he's fairly small at present. It's always good to sign speed, however it's also very easy to stand out at nyc level if you have speed. A lot of young speedsters never make it past nyc, so hopefully he can make the step up.

Just because someone kills it when we played them doesn't mean he's a killer player. We've made this mistake a number of times in the past. I think he was playing left centre when he played against us and scored off a good pass and an intercept from memory.

Remember our current nsw cup backline contained the likes of Lulia, Moltzen, Milone, Sila (all rubbish) as well as Peni and Rowe (potential), with Heleta/Seve/Karhwin for a couple of games each.

Now, we could have a backline in nsw cup next year something like:

Rowe
Addo Carr
Seve
Heleta
Peni/Karhwin
Rankin
Littlejohn

Which would be a huge step up from this season. Much more pace, power and skill. Still a question mark on a playmaker though.

@formerguest said:
@innsaneink said:
Certainly has speed to burn….video highlights above link

Thanks for the heads up on the video, else I wouldn't have checked the link.

Seems to have been only playing on the left as a threequarter, but chimed in on the right when playing at the back and is left handed so could possibly transform into a right centre.

i'm impressed, could be a very good pick-up for the tigers

About time we signed someone else's prized juniors…really good signing

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I like this signing. I reckon a speedy winger to replace Richards could add a lot to the team. He might not make it but this is the type of signing that I think can have a lot of upside.

Certainly looks the goods but so do lots of 20's guys until they hit first grade! Hope the young bloke can do in the seniors what he clearly can in the NYC

Can't judge much off NYC highlights but gee that footage of him chasing down that roosters center is something else. Than turning around to regather the kick too.

Hope he gets a run in the 9s

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Good signing, very promising player.

One of the better outside backs in NYC for sure.

Played in the Souths SG Ball team as Johnson, Walker and Gray. He also played in the NSW U16 Indigenous Team and his junior team is listed as Leichhardt.

Latest posts

Members online

Back