AFL making a charge in the Highlands...

TrueTiger

I listened with great interest that there is an AFL 9s comp starting as well as a mixed comp here in the Southern Highlands..for people who don't know the Southern Highlands of N.S.W. It is located about an hour and a half south of Sydney,and has always been strong in League,union and soccer..the point that got me in was a hell of a lot of people made inquiries regarding registering the children to come and participate as well as the Adults.One caller was saying his interest in league has wained because of the inconsistent rulings week to week as well as video refs going over replay after replay of a try.Could we be losing more supporters to the AFL and other sports because our NRL heads can't get things right or more so consistently right? Also the Swans have a good following here as well and their winning culture could be luring people to their game and away from ours.My question to the forum is,will Rugby League loose out to AFL because of inconsistent rule changes or are people sick of hearing the things that affected our club through the media debacle re.Potter and Robbie… :frowning: :frowning:

@TrueTiger said:
One caller was saying his interest in league has wained because of the inconsistent rulings week to week as well as video refs going over replay after replay of a try

These type pf people always make me laugh. If you are going to stop watching a sport because of bad refs calls then sport, of any kind, probably isnt your thing.

@TrueTiger said:
One caller was saying his interest in league has wained because of the inconsistent rulings week to week as well as video refs going over replay after replay of a try.

because the AFL doesn't have inconsistent rulings?

that guy needs to get out more.

http://thecrowd.foxsports.com.au/t5/AFL/Umpires-Refereeing-are-ruining-the-game-Last-nights-game-was/td-p/10587

Sounds like that caller is part of the "I don't watch because my team isn't winning" brigade

@Bones said:
@TrueTiger said:
One caller was saying his interest in league has wained because of the inconsistent rulings week to week as well as video refs going over replay after replay of a try

These type pf people always make me laugh. If you are going to stop watching a sport because of bad refs calls then sport, of any kind, probably isnt your thing.

I think the difference between league and AFL is at least the AFL makes positive changes to their rules changes and things become more black and white

Our rule changes just make things muddier and harder to interpret

@Happy,I think that is what the caller was trying to say,and I agree sometimes it is hard to understand say the shoulder charge rule.when one week it is a penalty and the next week for a very similar incident it goes unpunished…..more clarification right across the board on rulings would make understanding them easier.....
Cheers Happy....

He could be talking about just about anything

Obstruction interpretations , head high tackles ,wrestle (Josh Jackson chicken wing no charge was a joke ) ,the list goes on

AFL has its issues with hip and shoulders and contact while players heads are down

They are worried about protecting players heads

We have way more interpretations issues with our rules than AFL do

@TrueTiger said:
@Happy,I think that is what the caller was trying to say,and I agree sometimes it is hard to understand say the shoulder charge rule.when one week it is a penalty and the next week for a very similar incident it goes unpunished…..more clarification right across the board on rulings would make understanding them easier.....
Cheers Happy....

Another thing that is an embarrassment to the nrl is the one punch rule.
As it showed last week , the one who started the problem was left on the field, when it was clear the incident was provoked by him.
It's only going to get worst as blokes like Ennis , and others have realised that they can get away with anything now.
A better way would be , if it was clear that it was in retaliation to some stupid niggling or grubby work in the tackle , then send off BOTH of them for 10\. Once they know that is going that's going to happen ,there's no point in niggling :bash

Back