Alan Jones Comments

@OutbackJack said:
I wonder if Farah would be prepared to play for a lesser amount? If his heart is with the Tigers than he may well offer to do so. But if it is his back pocket (and his manager's pocket) then there will be no deals done.

David West took a 11 million dollar pay cut
Tim Duncan and Manu Ginnobli both took a few million pay cuts

But then again the NBA is different especially when you have already been paid millions before.

@OutbackJack said:
(and his manager's pocket)

I think this is one factor in the current debate that many fans and forumers forget or ignore. Farah's manager is a player in all this.

@thesquid said:
Has anyone said hello robbie. Where have you been.

No, because it doesn't support their cause… But it's a obvious question!!!!

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I only get to listen to morning radio for about 15-20 mins each morning.

But that 15-20 mins is spent listening to Jonesy :smiley:

Farah gets the Long Serving Player Allowance LSPA of $250k going up to $300k in 2016 and if reporting is correct he has a TPA of $150k. Therefore for a Salary of $950k p.a. which, includes $450k owed to him he has a cap charge of $450k for 2016 and $400k for 2017.

Why would you offload the NSW Origin Hooker for no cap saving. If he plays elsewhere we lose the LSPA and I am not sure we have another player outside of Lawrence who he also wants to punt it would apply to.

We are being mismanaged and Farah always gets the blame due to weak leadership at WT. Farah is the scapegoat here. Not innocent however, he is a player not a general manager.

Two things for certain in life, if their a big clouds of controversy hanging over the Tigers, Alan Jones and Benny Elias will be both good for headline.

Jones dose it because its his job to stay out their with the punters so any controversy he takes a stand and most of the time I disagree with him. Benny does because he loves the sound of his own voice

@TYGA said:
Farah gets the Long Serving Player Allowance LSPA of $250k going up to $300k in 2016 and if reporting is correct he has a TPA of $150k. Therefore for a Salary of $950k p.a. which, includes $450k owed to him he has a cap charge of $450k for 2016 and $400k for 2017.

Why would you offload the NSW Origin Hooker for no cap saving. If he plays elsewhere we lose the LSPA and I am not sure we have another player outside of Lawrence who he also wants to punt it would apply to.

We are being mismanaged and Farah always gets the blame due to weak leadership at WT. Farah is the scapegoat here. Not innocent however, he is a player not a general manager.

From my understanding the NRL LSPA funds are spread across the entire squads cap and does not go to any one player/s regardless of how long they have been in the team. According to NRL rules you only need to find one player who has played eight continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup.

As of next year Aaron Woods would meet this criteria having been a part of the Toyota Cup squad from 2008.

Old sugar lips Jones coached Balmain to 3 god awful years 1991 - 1993, and left the club in such a mess 1994, 1995 and 1996 were all write offs. On top of the masterstroke decision of sacking Freeman.

He should honestly stick to what he's good at - and that's "Lip service" - (and yes, I did see what I did there)

To think he has the audacity to have a go at the current Coach and CEO, really doesn't surprise me, however he needs to have a good hard long look at himself.

@TYGA said:

interesting. I had totally forgotten about the tpa and long serving player allowance.

@Tiger Watto said:
I forgot about Freeman being punted to the Roosters… That's Pretty Funny!

After two grand final appearances in 1988, 89 and a 5th place finish in 1990, he played Freeman in reserve grade in 1991\. From memory he was even picked for NZ that year from Reserve grade. Has no form to comment on the current situation at the Tigers.

Was there a public toilet incident with Alan Jones in the UK on a Wallaby tour? I kinda remember Roy and HG wanting to organise a nude march down George St in support for Jones .

Disregarding politics…
Well said Jonesy his just speaking in behalf of approx. 70% of public opinion!!!

Have to admit apart from the theatrics it was pretty much spot on.

To me, Jones' history of bigoted, racist, sexist and homophobic (internalized) tirades, over many years of opening his mouth in public, just highlights the blackness of his heart and tells me what kind of person he is. I'd rather listen to a chicken clucking all day.

Imagine how low you'd have to be to tell someone their father died from being ashamed of them. I couldn't stand that woman, but there is a line. He's our version of Rush Limbaugh.

@Tigerdave said:
this guy practically killed Balmain, 6 years in a row of finals appearances and then nothing

in any event…............you got rid of Wiz (only the Kiwi international halfback) and replaced him with some nobody from Yawnion and now have the hide to question this? There's at least a financial reason to want to move Robbie on, what was your excuse you numpty in getting rid of Wiz?

Well Warren Ryan rightly said "that there was no juice left in the orange". He was right, it was the end of an era Pearce, Blocker, Jack, Elias, Sirro all retiring or close to it.

Back