Alex Twal #206

Since the 'Mr 99 Percent' article came out I've paid closer attention to Twal. He saves try's weekly. Doesn't matter how big or quick a bloke is, he just does not drop off or miss a tackle. As a coach, I'm sure the last thing on Madge's mind when picking a team is Alex Twal. Such an integral part of this team defensively.

Since the 'Mr 99 Percent' article came out I've paid closer attention to Twal. He saves try's weekly. Doesn't matter how big or quick a bloke is, he just does not drop off or miss a tackle. As a coach, I'm sure the last thing on Madge's mind when picking a team is Alex Twal. Such an integral part of this team defensively.
correct, the issues that we have is that we have too many "pillow workers" and perhaps except Musgrave no "enforcers" - and this shows in meters run and tackle effectiveness.

Last edited:

Tackles 99% of the players that run directly into him...

I was worried with him out. He is the only player on our team who creates dominant tackles consistently. The only one. Play the ball speed by Souths was out of control throughout this match after 20.

Watch how we get three men in a tackle, decent line speed and good contact only for our players to be pushed back 5metres and attacking player falls on their stomach with tacklers scrambling and then repeated the next tackle so that by the third tackle we're not pushing forward and vulnerable.

I don't understand why they don't have more strength, size isn't the problem. It was surprising how much twal was missed. I go on about him, but I also thought the forward pack was decent. Nope. Need help desperately.

Good news is both papalii and blore are excellent defenders, while Kelman, Luciano and garner are not. We still need more forwards who tackle well.

Wasnt just his defence we missed his size and stregth with the ball. He makes meters and gets forward. Musgrove Stefano and Seyfarth combined for 92 meters. Twally should be in Sheensys office asking for a contract upgrade this morning because our pack fell apart without him coming off the bench.

Due to the Joffa HIA Tamou was off for the last 20 when he usally comes back on. Without him or Twal we fell apart in the middle. It was 22-18 after 59 minutes and we lost 44-18.

The other 3 props plus Tuilagi just wernt up to it. Musgrove just isnt a starting NRL prop more a number 5 prop in a squad who plays some weeks off bench . Stef is great but has struggled coming back from injjry this yr and the other 2 are NSW cup backrowers

Latest posts

Members online

Back