Alex Twal #206

Alex Twal tells SEN that he is yet to make a decision on whether he will feature at the RLWC for Lebanon but he will be putting WT first. Twal expects to sit down with Tim Sheens closer to the end of the season to discuss his availability.
I listened to that interview, I found something interesting. Vossy asked him indirectly if everyone including himself were on the same page regarding taking the time off and Twal replied with "it was a mutual decision between the club and the medical staff".. didn't really mention himself. However, he did say he's looking forward to paying us back in 2023.

I listened to that interview, I found something interesting. Vossy asked him indirectly if everyone including himself were on the same page regarding taking the time off and Twal replied with "it was a mutual decision between the club and the medical staff".. didn't really mention himself. However, he did say he's looking forward to paying us back in 2023.
I’m impressed with that reply. He has a spot in politics later on 🤣

Are we seeing Alex slipping from grace with the selectors in 2023?
I've got an aching chilblain that's telling me Alex needs to get some strong carries and quick play the balls and sharpen up his off loading skills to get attack oriented Sheens approval.
Klemmer is the type of prop that Sheens like so that makes sense of our pursuit of him.
Alex is nearly 100% front on tackling efficiency but is that enough 🤔

stat-attack---effective-tackle_20190126.jpg
Old stats but this is what he's capable of.

I've got an aching chilblain that's telling me Alex needs to get some strong carries and quick play the balls and sharpen up his off loading skills to get attack oriented Sheens approval.
Klemmer is the type of prop that Sheens like so that makes sense of our pursuit of him.

View attachment 3231
You have to get to player number 10 to hit a good player. Tells me it's a useless stat.

View attachment 3231
Look love his attitude, great club man. But, as mentioned his lack of an offload and attacking play is a major hurdle. I also believe his stats are misleading yes he does have a great tackling technique, but often stands still in the line allowing players to come to him. With his team mates running up in the line, this often causes gaps as they get a quick play of the ball. With our players retreating the opposition gets a massive roll on. Watch him closely it happens quite a bit. He needs to work in his line speed, to fix this Issue.

Nah, he's one of our few quality pieces. Whether off the bench or not doesn't matter, what he does he does real well. Great tackler and you can't say that about anyone else in our team. You guys who criticise him must not be paying attention, particularly the way our defence fell apart once he was gone. Players look bad in beaten sides, he still stands out in my opinion. Very glad the forum doesn't pick the team.

View attachment 3231
Which selectors?

Latest posts

Members online

Back