Anasta?

hsvjones

I think he played well and helped the team in defence…
I don't mind him goal kicking, or even kicking for the sideline for penalties. Makes more metres then Benji!!!
Overall a big YES for him in the halves...

He should be there next week and for at least in the short term.

leave him there long term.
he gave direction.
it seemed to take away the crap benji and farah end up trying to pull off themselves.
was very pleased with it.

Kinda think that we'd use Anasta in the halves for his two year stint and then put Brooks in and release/reserve Miller.

He gave good direction tonight and you could see how vocal he was.

However even though he was more vocal there was the play were benji threw that shocking ball to Blake and ended up with Fonua. You can see Anasta on the other side of the ruck calling for the ball but Farah still went to Benji.

Yep credit where's it due. He made at least one try saving tackle around the ankles a few metres from the line. I loved the way he was screaming at our defensive line at the scrum to number up. No one else noticed the big overlap and he held up the scrum until it was fixed. He shows much more leadership at half. Harder to do in the back row.

Yep, leave Braith there to steady the ship, and bring a new half into the mix when there are solid foundations around him.

@Eye of the Tiger said:

However even though he was more vocal there was the play were benji threw that shocking ball to Blake and ended up with Fonua. You can see Anasta on the other side of the ruck calling for the ball but Farah still went to Benji.

The pass wasn't meant for Ayshford it was for Reddy

Same as the first half when Reddy would of scored untouched

Ive been anti Anasta so far but he was a lot better tonight and would be happy to see him stay at 7.

@Eye of the Tiger said:
You can see Anasta on the other side of the ruck calling for the ball but Farah still went to Benji.

thats ok. benji is the incumbent. braith will get more ball over time. positive signs.

Glad to hear Braith did well at 7 tonight. I think he definitely adds something to our club but so far had struggled to make an impact. Even if he does end up back in the pack I think at least he's given Potter some thought of moving him to lock where he can ball play a little more.

@Tigerpete said:
Glad to hear Braith did well at 7 tonight. I think he definitely adds something to our club but so far had struggled to make an impact. Even if he does end up back in the pack I think at least he's given Potter some thought of moving him to lock where he can ball play a little more.

Make a good point but I wouldn't mind seeing Anasta in the halves long-term.
He controls the play as well as the defence a lot more, the attention to detail saved us a couple times tonight. As well as that he really tightens up our left flank.
He'd also act as a good mentor towards Brooks when he makes firsts.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@happy tiger said:
@Eye of the Tiger said:

The pass wasn't meant for Ayshford it was for Reddy

Same as the first half when Reddy would of scored untouched

That was a big problem with Ayshford last night. He kept going for balls intended for the winger.

With Marshall's injury, thank goodness we have someone experienced to step in and fill the breach.

I think we will now appreciate the reasoning behind getting Anasta for the club, and in some ways maybe Benjis injury will also help Potter with some decisions on our halves dilemas. I thought last night was the best I have see Anasta play for a while….

@tigersrule4life said:
He was great last night dont forget we only got him for 200k thats a bargain.

How do you know we paid $200k for him?

Not gonna lie, thought the Braith signing was a joke at first…
Very unhappy... then he grew on me, then the season started and he sucked and I was calling for his head.

#7 Anasta was good last night.
Going to reserve judgement till he's had a few more good games but the team as a whole played well last night.

Anasta was good last night. He seems to lack that passion when playing back row. In the early games didn't seem desperate to fall on a loose ball and do the extra 1% that he dhiwed at the roisters gor do long. For me that game when miller went of with his ankle, braith had been replaced earlier he seemed uninterested in the game no enthusiasm, when he was then bout to replace miller in the halves on the sideline he had that look about him ready to really dig in.

I feel braith isn't particularly interested in playing 2nd row, lock maybe but certainly seem to more enthusiastic playing in the halves.

Back