@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509220) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509187) said:
@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509163) said:
@the_patriot said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509157) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509152) said:
@the_patriot said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509143) said:
@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509142) said:
@the_patriot said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509138) said:
Having been on this forum and previous forum incarnations for a number of years ive enjoyed the banter and many differing opinions put forward by its members.

There is no better site on the internet or social media platforms to gauge what the Wests Tigers community is thinking about certain topics. It has been a reflection of the ride that we have all been on.

What i love more than anything else is someone with a strong opinion. Someone who is not afraid to speak their mind and offer pure opinion based comments. What i hate more than anything else on here has been people who react negatively to these strong opinions while hardly ever offering their own . The guys who come out of the woodwork and harrass the OP for that opinion. Banging on and on trying to force a reaction or make them regretful of ever commenting in the first place.

This has been an issue for many years. Willows moderation style was to ban the person forced into a reaction rather than pull up the person responsible. The person who was not accepting of other peoples opinion. It was a style Cochise also fell victim to.

Over the years many many previously decent contributors were banned. One by one they fell on their sword while trying to defend their opinions.

While i applaud the efforts of all moderators and argue they almost always moderated to the rules the trouble was that the only people being banned were those with the strong and well thought out opinions.

Becoming tired of the stale nature of this place. I found myself on Discord recently.

To my surprise here was a group of so called troublemakers all getting a long like life long friends. I guess thats what happens when they all feel they have been treated poorly by those they had looked to to validate their right to have an opinion.

It was and still is a thing of beauty. I myself have mended a few bridges and now get on well with people who i had fell out with on this forum. Why, well thats the million dollar question.

The answer it seems is that when you allow people to express themselves to their full extent, like minded people with strong opinions come to respect those who disagree with them.

This has all come about not because of Discord but because someone posted a thread on League Unlimited about how bad this place had become.

The forum was not just over moderated but also housed a small group of guys who were chiefly responsible for many people being banned or turning their backs on the forum. The general consensus on League unlimited was that the moderation of this site was not paying enough attention to these agitators and had made this place a less enjoyable place to post.

Kul was made aware of the League Unlimited thread and i am not shocked at all he has made this decision.

Former user after former user of his forum all come forward with testimony to the same story. These were not Discord people these were League Unlimited people and their opinions carried a certain level of impartiality. A few of the Discord lads posted and told a similar story however the point is that they were not alone in this common story. A large section of of our fan base had turned their back on Kuls forum.

The issue was the style of moderation.

Let me be clear the issue was not the existence of moderation and rules. Everyone understands that it needs to exist and most people want a forum with clear guidelines and a family friendly environment.

@Kul appreciate you looking to improve this place. I have no doubt that many will return if the moderation style changes.

A thread that contained many personal attacks such as

There is another moderator called Cochise (we all call him ck cheese), who still gets bullied. He is a fat ugly baldy headed ginger [censored] with a big fat gunt. This guy is possibly the biggest fanboy loser I’ve ever encountered. He runs that soft ck supporters group ambush which gets ridiculed everywhere. He bans people who disagree with him as his intellect and knowledge are sub par.

Plus more against other posters here. That is where kul took his advice.

No I'd say that is where KUL asked himself why they are so upset.

No that stuff is unacceptable for any reason at all. The kind of person that tees off like that on a forum should be banned, deserves it.

100% no issue with a banning for that kind of posting.

But as ive said if it was my forum id ask why are people so upset. I suggest you try and see it from Kuls point of view.

Where do you draw the line? What if it was a death threat? Do police ever look at it from the POV of someone making the threat?

Where do you draw the line?
Personal threats should be out and personal attacks should also be out.

People seemed to be getting banned for minor things like disagreeing with someone and calling them a fool, Saying ‘punt him’ multiple times, criticising others. These things are all okay for a forum as long as they don’t get personal. Posts were getting deleted for any minor reason that could be found. There are pages of threads ‘this post has been deleted’. It’s not really the moderators fault as they were working within the current guidelines but some discretion could have been shown or posters could have been worked with to readjust their behaviour.

I asked this earlier but what do people want the place to look like moving forward?

Now’s the chance to focus on the future of the place.

I don’t think “punt him” is a banable offence, but after a while it becomes spam and adds nothing to the discussion. That’s where mods are within their rights to tell someone to offer something constructive, or don’t offer anything.

I found it boring as well but you just ignore it and it goes away. It became a bigger deal than it needed to be

Bingo!

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509221) said:
Having been on this forum and previous forum incarnations for a number of years ive enjoyed the banter and many differing opinions put forward by its members.

There is no better site on the internet or social media platforms to gauge what the Wests Tigers community is thinking about certain topics. It has been a reflection of the ride that we have all been on.

What i love more than anything else is someone with a strong opinion. Someone who is not afraid to speak their mind and offer pure opinion based comments. What i hate more than anything else on here has been people who react negatively to these strong opinions while hardly ever offering their own . The guys who come out of the woodwork and harrass the OP for that opinion. Banging on and on trying to force a reaction or make them regretful of ever commenting in the first place.

This has been an issue for many years. Willows moderation style was to ban the person forced into a reaction rather than pull up the person responsible. The person who was not accepting of other peoples opinion. It was a style Cochise also fell victim to.

Over the years many many previously decent contributors were banned. One by one they fell on their sword while trying to defend their opinions.

While i applaud the efforts of all moderators and argue they almost always moderated to the rules the trouble was that the only people being banned were those with the strong and well thought out opinions.

Becoming tired of the stale nature of this place. I found myself on Discord recently.

To my surprise here was a group of so called troublemakers all getting a long like life long friends. I guess thats what happens when they all feel they have been treated poorly by those they had looked to to validate their right to have an opinion.

It was and still is a thing of beauty. I myself have mended a few bridges and now get on well with people who i had fell out with on this forum. Why, well thats the million dollar question.

The answer it seems is that when you allow people to express themselves to their full extent, like minded people with strong opinions come to respect those who disagree with them.

This has all come about not because of Discord but because someone posted a thread on League Unlimited about how bad this place had become.

The forum was not just over moderated but also housed a small group of guys who were chiefly responsible for many people being banned or turning their backs on the forum. The general consensus on League unlimited was that the moderation of this site was not paying enough attention to these agitators and had made this place a less enjoyable place to post.

Kul was made aware of the League Unlimited thread and i am not shocked at all he has made this decision.

Former user after former user of his forum all come forward with testimony to the same story. These were not Discord people these were League Unlimited people and their opinions carried a certain level of impartiality. A few of the Discord lads posted and told a similar story however the point is that they were not alone in this common story. A large section of of our fan base had turned their back on Kuls forum.

Let me be clear the issue was not the existence of moderation and rules. Everyone understands that it needs to exist and most people want a forum with clear guidelines and a family friendly environment.

@Kul appreciate you looking to improve this place. I have no doubt that many will return if the moderation style changes.

There is another moderator called Cochise (we all call him ck cheese), who still gets bullied. He is a fat ugly baldy headed ginger [censored] with a big fat gunt. This guy is possibly the biggest fanboy loser I’ve ever encountered. He runs that soft ck supporters group ambush which gets ridiculed everywhere. He bans people who disagree with him as his intellect and knowledge are sub par.

No that stuff is unacceptable for any reason at all. The kind of person that tees off like that on a forum should be banned, deserves it.

But as ive said if it was my forum id ask why are people so upset. I suggest you try and see it from Kuls point of view.

Where do you draw the line? What if it was a death threat? Do police ever look at it from the POV of someone making the threat?

People seemed to be getting banned for minor things like disagreeing with someone and calling them a fool, Saying ‘punt him’ multiple times, criticising others. These things are all okay for a forum as long as they don’t get personal. Posts were getting deleted for any minor reason that could be found. There are pages of threads ‘this post has been deleted’. It’s not really the moderators fault as they were working within the current guidelines but some discretion could have been shown or posters could have been worked with to readjust their behaviour.

I asked this earlier but what do people want the place to look like moving forward?

I don’t think “punt him” is a banable offence, but after a while it becomes spam and adds nothing to the discussion. That’s where mods are within their rights to tell someone to offer something constructive, or don’t offer anything.

I found it boring as well but you just ignore it and it goes away. It became a bigger deal than it needed to be

Exactly. It's not a moderators job to make a thread less boring. Punt him breaks no rules and is in no way offensive.

@yossarian said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509219) said:
Hmm this has been quite the thread to read through. I've been around for a long time. Not as long as some but longer than most. I tend to drift in and out as my outside life allows and my interest in league oscilates. If I hear something that may be of interest to the forum I post it.

I've got no serious objection to change. I don't mind a loosening of swearing censorship but I wouldn't want this to turn into the Kennel or even LU. I've never bothered to join LU as it seems all personal vitriol and pubic wig talk. So I'm not in favour of something like that.

I don't know the particulars of Willow and Cochise being punted. I don't know them personally but I've had several public and private chats with them and get along with both of them.

To be honest I've had very few major disputes (of a hostile nature) on this forum. Usually it's only been with the racist or hom'phobic (apparently the full word is censored) crowd or when I've been in a bad frame of mind (and usually this passes pretty fast). I've had some good disagreements particularly on politics but generally even people with considerably different political views have been courteous to me and I hope vice versa.

What does this all mean? I dunno to be honest. I guess I'm trying to say I've got no dramas with disagreements and opposing POVs. As much as I respect Willow and Cochise, I'm open to mod changes. I have a great respect for the ongoing mods like Geo and Spartan. I take people as it comes - I like to think I have good forum relationships with Demps and people he may have conflict with. I like Demps for the most part! I'm keeping an open mind but if the forum becomes a place where personal attack becomes the norm I'd be drifting more out than in. Call my ideas stupid, don't call me stupid!

Anyway let's hope we start winning soon. Winning era forum was a lot more fun! Remember when where to play Tim Moltxen was our biggest problem? Good times...

Thanks for the mention, Yoss.
❤👍😀

Not sure what I did for the special mention other than some confused people blaming me for things...

I'm not promoting personal attacks at all.
The only conflict I have is with @MacDougall and we've worked it out after all these years.

I don't have an issue with cochise or willow.
I'll back @Kul 's decision though and support him and the forum going forward, along with the current mods as well as the newly enlisted ones when they get the job.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509221) said:

There’s a lot of things that should be ignored in this place that aren’t. Most of the drama wouldn’t exist if everyone just ignored it. But they don’t. It’s not in the nature of a forum.

That is so not a forum moderator's job.
If there's no abuse or actual bullying moderators should not be involved at all.
Threads should be free to develop organically without the headmaster deciding what is and isn't contributing.

@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509228) said:

If there's no abuse or actual bullying moderators should not be involved at all.
Threads should be free to develop organically without the headmaster deciding what is and isn't contributing.

If it is being posted as bait to get a reaction out of other posters, then it should receive scrutiny from moderators.

“Punt him” wasn’t organic. It was a daily attempt to keep the thread alive because it was organically coming to a close due to the season ending. The organic part was the thread petering out, not comments that had no substance to keep the thread bumped.

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509225) said:
Hmm this has been quite the thread to read through. I've been around for a long time. Not as long as some but longer than most. I tend to drift in and out as my outside life allows and my interest in league oscilates. If I hear something that may be of interest to the forum I post it.

I've got no serious objection to change. I don't mind a loosening of swearing censorship but I wouldn't want this to turn into the Kennel or even LU. I've never bothered to join LU as it seems all personal vitriol and pubic wig talk. So I'm not in favour of something like that.

I don't know the particulars of Willow and Cochise being punted. I don't know them personally but I've had several public and private chats with them and get along with both of them.

To be honest I've had very few major disputes (of a hostile nature) on this forum. Usually it's only been with the racist or hom'phobic (apparently the full word is censored) crowd or when I've been in a bad frame of mind (and usually this passes pretty fast). I've had some good disagreements particularly on politics but generally even people with considerably different political views have been courteous to me and I hope vice versa.

What does this all mean? I dunno to be honest. I guess I'm trying to say I've got no dramas with disagreements and opposing POVs. As much as I respect Willow and Cochise, I'm open to mod changes. I have a great respect for the ongoing mods like Geo and Spartan. I take people as it comes - I like to think I have good forum relationships with Demps and people he may have conflict with. I like Demps for the most part! I'm keeping an open mind but if the forum becomes a place where personal attack becomes the norm I'd be drifting more out than in. Call my ideas stupid, don't call me stupid!

Anyway let's hope we start winning soon. Winning era forum was a lot more fun! Remember when where to play Tim Moltxen was our biggest problem? Good times...

❤??

Not sure what I did for the special mention other than some confused people blaming me for things...

The only conflict I have is with @MacDougall and we've worked it out after all these years.

I'll back @Kul 's decision though and support him and the forum going forward, along with the current mods as well as the newly enlisted ones when they get the job.

Your name just seemed prominent in the thread. Thought you deserved a mention in the course of my meandering comments. I wasn’t trying to tie you to my other thoughts. #gocedars!

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508718) said:
@clontarfkid said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508717) said:
considerable headwind I mite add
Rex,Im flabbergasted!

It's so untenably incredulous I can almost hardly believe it!

![alt text](https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/99/4d/32994df7cdc2ce154ed13ffdada3775e.jpg)

@yossarian said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509231) said:

❤??

Your name just seemed prominent in the thread. Thought you deserved a mention in the course of my meandering comments. I wasn’t trying to tie you to my other thoughts. #gocedars!

All G brother.
I didn't take offence.

Forum has already improved in my opinion.
Give it a week and we'll all be cheering.

Onward and upwards.
King @Kul making moves. ?

Congrats and good luck to the new mods.
@MacDougall @Chicken_Faced_Killa @The_Patriot

#teamPuntHim
#Team Discord

Don't cry cos it's over, smiled cos it happened.

@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509230) said:

“Punt him” wasn’t organic. It was a daily attempt to keep the thread alive because it was organically coming to a close due to the season ending. The organic part was the thread petering out, not comments that had no substance to keep the thread bumped.

It feels like you may be arguing just to argue at this point.
Embrace the new freedoms and you'll feel the sunshine.

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509188) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509178) said:

Hmmm .. the person who posted that is on this forum right now..what would your decision be about banning them .. i would also throw my support behind you if you where interested in becoming a moderator here…

What are your thoughts Geo?

Should we ban some one cos one user doesn't like them?
If that's the case, then it should be fair.
So in turn, a lot of people would be banned because some one doesn't like them?

What is the ideal outcome @cochise ?

Do you want a user removed ?
Do you want an apology ?
Do you want the LU stuff taken down ?

What's done is done.
How can we move forward?

You clearly don't want to stop posting.
No one has asked you to stop posting.

Let's work out an outcome and move on with it.

Well that’s why I’m asking.? Demps

There is an issue with banning users. despite what many seem to believe that willow and Cochise handed out banning like lollies in the playground.. which in fact was never the case.. it was discussed amongst the moderators as it is now and will be in the future.. not all the times did we agree but if the majority thought so the rest of us backed that decision..

There are many say that what was posted on LU is unacceptable as is spamming the forum with the c word in over 100 threads.. which took about 5 hours to clean up btw..

The general feel by the mods at the time is this behaviour should be banned and not part of this forum..yet the users responsible re-join the forum under a different username which we then ban as well .. now those bans have been lifted which doesn’t really bother me personally..

So the question to the forum would be is that now acceptable..?

like or not like someone really has nothing to do with it

@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509127) said:
@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509091) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509084) said:
@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509082) said:
Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

That is not what this place should be about.

Lighten up, it was just moderator of a forum. You weren't the Shah of Iran.
Nothing to pee your pants over.

I’ve already explained myself . Mod change is meh . Most would agree , that a change isn’t the biggest deal in the world .
The issue is how 2 HUMAN BEINGS not ones and zeros on the internet , invested time and effort into it , to be kicked to the curb pretty harshly. By what appears to be a witch hunt and a group of guys who clearly made it personal , most of which are on here now , saying it isn’t personal .

It clearly has affected both these blokes , as they’re both leaving . Maybe it’s because they lost thier power (I don’t think so) orrrrrr
They feel like they wasted their time all these years , and are not only unappreciated but hated for it .

The genuine lack of compassion and vitriol just in this thread , shows that it WAS personal.
Willow banned me as well . I deserved it . I still dislike the bloke who I argued with that day . Both the fact I deserved it , and the fact I wish I could have said more to that person are true .
IMO there’s a real lack of accountability for ones actions going on here .
If you got banned you probably deserved it .

Also truth - maybe a mod change was in order . But privately and with respect . As the guys doing it clearly cared about what they were doing . Even if KUL and others didn’t .

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509235) said:
@yossarian said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509231) said:

❤??

All G brother.
I didn't take offence.

Forum has already improved in my opinion.
Give it a week and we'll all be cheering.

Onward and upwards.
King @Kul making moves. ?

Congrats and good luck to the new mods.
@MacDougall @Chicken_Faced_Killa @The_Patriot

#teamPuntHim
#Team Discord

Don't cry cos it's over, smiled cos it happened.

Hahaha I am not a moderator and if I somehow accidentally became one I would use the power for evil and only evil so @Kul fair warning don't even accidentally slip that finger buddeh.

@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508898) said:
I'm still trying to figure out who argues with mods and why they would do this. I've been here 17 years, never banned, never had a fight with a mod. I'm not clear why it's hard for some folks; you don't have to do much to stay in the good books and still offer your opinion.

And now there's this fairly pathetic chest beating going on in this thread, about topics I really don't understand, but it's ugly.

I got put on mod preview once and I messaged Willow and was like "hey Willow mod preview sucks can you just undo it and if I ever do anything wrong again you can just ban me" and he agreed and removed the mod preview. Willow was alright at times but the dude had hectic high school teacher vibes that just attracted and encouraged people to take issue with his authority (and created a clique of sycophants that made the forum eye rollingly cringe at times).

@harvey said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509009) said:
@Kul i would like to nominate for the moderator position.

In terms of skills and experience I have held a long term role as a social media content moderator for the people’s republic of China. If references are required I am sure that Peng Shui will be happy to provide one. She may be difficult to contact, if there are any problems let me know & I am sure that she will post something on support.

The forum will operate under simple rules:
1. The Wests tigers are great and undefeated premiers every year. If this doesn’t occur it is the fault of poor officiating or an NRL conspiracy.
2. No criticism of players or coaches will be tolerated. Our players are the best, if we are not winning see point one.
3. Not withstanding points one & two, Luke Brooks is fair game. It doesn’t matter whether he is playing or not, how he performs and how other players perform The burden of failure is his to carry alone.
4. Justin Pascoe is a style guru, a fashion icon and the games greatest administrator. Any questioning of this will have severe consequences.
5. Tim Sheens is the messiah.

I will be adhering to these rules with or without this person becoming a moderator.

Well, the decision has been made brother's and sisters...

Like it or lump it.

The show must go on.

Looking forward to many powerful discussions going forward into the new era and the new season.

🔥🔥🔥

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509240) said:
@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509127) said:
@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509091) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509084) said:
@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509082) said:
Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

That is not what this place should be about.

Lighten up, it was just moderator of a forum. You weren't the Shah of Iran.
Nothing to pee your pants over.

I’ve already explained myself . Mod change is meh . Most would agree , that a change isn’t the biggest deal in the world .
The issue is how 2 HUMAN BEINGS not ones and zeros on the internet , invested time and effort into it , to be kicked to the curb pretty harshly. By what appears to be a witch hunt and a group of guys who clearly made it personal , most of which are on here now , saying it isn’t personal .

It clearly has affected both these blokes , as they’re both leaving . Maybe it’s because they lost thier power (I don’t think so) orrrrrr
They feel like they wasted their time all these years , and are not only unappreciated but hated for it .

The genuine lack of compassion and vitriol just in this thread , shows that it WAS personal.
Willow banned me as well . I deserved it . I still dislike the bloke who I argued with that day . Both the fact I deserved it , and the fact I wish I could have said more to that person are true .
IMO there’s a real lack of accountability for ones actions going on here .
If you got banned you probably deserved it .

Also truth - maybe a mod change was in order . But privately and with respect . As the guys doing it clearly cared about what they were doing . Even if KUL and others didn’t .

Ex mod. Cochise posted cryptic complaints re his demise BEFORE Kul's post, so as a committed lurker I can only assume he already knew.
I know you're upset but move on.
Nothing bad actually happened. It's a fun forum not the United Nations security council.
Time to be happy again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back