Another Quick Forum Update

I don't know the answer, all i know is that anyone who logs onto an anonymous internet / social media site and expects civility and intelligent even handed discussion all of the time is kidding themselves big time. The very fact of it being anonymous brings out the archetypal keyboard warriors, agitators and down right nasty people in some cases. Ive had a few attempts at belittling (bullying if you like) over the years (been on here 10 years now) and i treat attempts like that with the disdain that it deserves (I ignore it) but each to their own. I always use the internet like that saying "Dance Like No One is Watching; Email Like It May One Day Be Read Aloud in a Courtroom" - your login here may be anonymous but you aren't really.

@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509248) said:
@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509240) said:
@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509127) said:
@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509091) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509084) said:
@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509082) said:
Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

That is not what this place should be about.

Lighten up, it was just moderator of a forum. You weren't the Shah of Iran.
Nothing to pee your pants over.

I’ve already explained myself . Mod change is meh . Most would agree , that a change isn’t the biggest deal in the world .
The issue is how 2 HUMAN BEINGS not ones and zeros on the internet , invested time and effort into it , to be kicked to the curb pretty harshly. By what appears to be a witch hunt and a group of guys who clearly made it personal , most of which are on here now , saying it isn’t personal .

It clearly has affected both these blokes , as they’re both leaving . Maybe it’s because they lost thier power (I don’t think so) orrrrrr
They feel like they wasted their time all these years , and are not only unappreciated but hated for it .

The genuine lack of compassion and vitriol just in this thread , shows that it WAS personal.
Willow banned me as well . I deserved it . I still dislike the bloke who I argued with that day . Both the fact I deserved it , and the fact I wish I could have said more to that person are true .
IMO there’s a real lack of accountability for ones actions going on here .
If you got banned you probably deserved it .

Also truth - maybe a mod change was in order . But privately and with respect . As the guys doing it clearly cared about what they were doing . Even if KUL and others didn’t .

Ex mod. Cochise posted cryptic complaints re his demise BEFORE Kul's post, so as a committed lurker I can only assume he already knew.
I know you're upset but move on.
Nothing bad actually happened. It's a fun forum not the United Nations security council.
Time to be happy again.

I was not informed, came on and had a msg from willow saying our mod functions had been removed.

@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509252) said:
Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

I’ve already explained myself . Mod change is meh . Most would agree , that a change isn’t the biggest deal in the world .
The issue is how 2 HUMAN BEINGS not ones and zeros on the internet , invested time and effort into it , to be kicked to the curb pretty harshly. By what appears to be a witch hunt and a group of guys who clearly made it personal , most of which are on here now , saying it isn’t personal .

It clearly has affected both these blokes , as they’re both leaving . Maybe it’s because they lost thier power (I don’t think so) orrrrrr
They feel like they wasted their time all these years , and are not only unappreciated but hated for it .

The genuine lack of compassion and vitriol just in this thread , shows that it WAS personal.
Willow banned me as well . I deserved it . I still dislike the bloke who I argued with that day . Both the fact I deserved it , and the fact I wish I could have said more to that person are true .

Also truth - maybe a mod change was in order . But privately and with respect . As the guys doing it clearly cared about what they were doing . Even if KUL and others didn’t .

Ex mod. Cochise posted cryptic complaints re his demise BEFORE Kul's post, so as a committed lurker I can only assume he already knew.
Nothing bad actually happened. It's a fun forum not the United Nations security council.
Time to be happy again.

I was not informed, came on and had a msg from willow saying our mod functions had been removed.

I didn't even get that.

@macdougall said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509218) said:
@earl said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509210) said:
@macdougall said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509207) said:
@innsaneink said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508554) said:
@frullens said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508410) said:
I want to thank both @cochise and @willow for all the efforts in trying to keep this place enjoyable.

Being a mod must be a thankless task, volunteering thousands of hours and subjecting yourself to upset posters.

I've been on here less and less lately as the boring arguments have become more prevalent.

Whoever puts their hand up to volunteer to be mod, after watching how 2 long serving mods have been treated, I'd be having 2nd thoughts. I think you'll find it's a lot harder than you think - unless you are intending to just let anything go - in which case why have mods at all?

@kul I'm all for improvement to the site - but feel like this is comparable to paying farah $600k to pay at souths. Hopefully you have a change of heart and bring back like WT have.

If you want to compare to sites like Discord - which has had massive problems with online abuse - then hope you're setting out terms and conditions for use and paying 24 hour 'trust and safety' team

*'To better protect its users and its services since these events, Discord has implemented a trust and safety team that is on call around the clock to monitor the servers and respond to reports. This includes dealing with user harassment, servers that violate Discord's terms of service'*

It's as easy or as difficult as one wants it to be.
It really isn't that big a deal being a mod... Yiu can get stuck into it and moderate like crazy or you can chill out and go with the flow.
It depends how frequent you're on here... It's an entirely personal choice.
It's not the end of the world and all this drama is purely because some people take this all way too seriously, having a crap footy team is only a small part of it.

There wasn't this much fuss when I was sacked as a mod.... I actually found it a weight off my shoulders as I had a lot of untrue accusations against me from other members who didn't see eye to eye with me.

@willow & @cochise will be OK... They join me in illustrious company ?
Cochise has helped me out personally in the past and I'm grateful for that.... I don't have a problem with anyone here and the only gripe I've recently had was not being able to say "BS" in a game day thread... Or even balmain soccer... Which is how ridiculous and sanitised, G- rated this place had become.... Thankfully that's been relaxed.

Don't take things said or other members too seriously and this place will continue to be a great forum.... Don't agree? Scroll on... It's easy

?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wO8toxinoc

Ink made a great post. Don't take this so seriously.

Oh yes silly me I am taking this all so very seriously.

I think you've taken me the wrong way here. I was supporting you & Ink. I don't see why being a mod is such a big deal. You should be here as a fan first. If you lose your mod status who cares.

@nt_tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509254) said:

Time to be happy again.

I didn't even get that.

Yeah willow though he and I were the only one affected. He only noticed as he went to use them.

@earl said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509257) said:
I want to thank both @cochise and @willow for all the efforts in trying to keep this place enjoyable.

Being a mod must be a thankless task, volunteering thousands of hours and subjecting yourself to upset posters.

I've been on here less and less lately as the boring arguments have become more prevalent.

Whoever puts their hand up to volunteer to be mod, after watching how 2 long serving mods have been treated, I'd be having 2nd thoughts. I think you'll find it's a lot harder than you think - unless you are intending to just let anything go - in which case why have mods at all?

@kul I'm all for improvement to the site - but feel like this is comparable to paying farah $600k to pay at souths. Hopefully you have a change of heart and bring back like WT have.

If you want to compare to sites like Discord - which has had massive problems with online abuse - then hope you're setting out terms and conditions for use and paying 24 hour 'trust and safety' team

*'To better protect its users and its services since these events, Discord has implemented a trust and safety team that is on call around the clock to monitor the servers and respond to reports. This includes dealing with user harassment, servers that violate Discord's terms of service'*

It really isn't that big a deal being a mod... Yiu can get stuck into it and moderate like crazy or you can chill out and go with the flow.
It's not the end of the world and all this drama is purely because some people take this all way too seriously, having a crap footy team is only a small part of it.

There wasn't this much fuss when I was sacked as a mod.... I actually found it a weight off my shoulders as I had a lot of untrue accusations against me from other members who didn't see eye to eye with me.

Cochise has helped me out personally in the past and I'm grateful for that.... I don't have a problem with anyone here and the only gripe I've recently had was not being able to say "BS" in a game day thread... Or even balmain soccer... Which is how ridiculous and sanitised, G- rated this place had become.... Thankfully that's been relaxed.

Don't take things said or other members too seriously and this place will continue to be a great forum.... Don't agree? Scroll on... It's easy

?

I think you've taken me the wrong way here. I was supporting you & Ink. I don't see why being a mod is such a big deal. You should be here as a fan first. If you lose your mod status who cares.

Ah yeah sorry mate I thought you thought I was arguing with him or something lol.

@nt_tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509254) said:

Time to be happy again.

I didn't even get that.

There also seems to be a bug that alerts you to all old messages when you delete your account or something cuz when I logged on today all my old chats with Willow were active. Gave me a fresh reminder of all our lovely conflict lol.

@yossarian said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509219) said:
Hmm this has been quite the thread to read through. I've been around for a long time. Not as long as some but longer than most. I tend to drift in and out as my outside life allows and my interest in league oscilates. If I hear something that may be of interest to the forum I post it.

I've got no serious objection to change. I don't mind a loosening of swearing censorship but I wouldn't want this to turn into the Kennel or even LU. I've never bothered to join LU as it seems all personal vitriol and pubic wig talk. So I'm not in favour of something like that.

I don't know the particulars of Willow and Cochise being punted. I don't know them personally but I've had several public and private chats with them and get along with both of them.

To be honest I've had very few major disputes (of a hostile nature) on this forum. Usually it's only been with the racist or hom'phobic (apparently the full word is censored) crowd or when I've been in a bad frame of mind (and usually this passes pretty fast). I've had some good disagreements particularly on politics but generally even people with considerably different political views have been courteous to me and I hope vice versa.

What does this all mean? I dunno to be honest. I guess I'm trying to say I've got no dramas with disagreements and opposing POVs. As much as I respect Willow and Cochise, I'm open to mod changes. I have a great respect for the ongoing mods like Geo and Spartan. I take people as it comes - I like to think I have good forum relationships with Demps and people he may have conflict with. I like Demps for the most part! I'm keeping an open mind but if the forum becomes a place where personal attack becomes the norm I'd be drifting more out than in. Call my ideas stupid, don't call me stupid!

Anyway let's hope we start winning soon. Winning era forum was a lot more fun! Remember when where to play Tim Moltxen was our biggest problem? Good times...

Good summation and your thoughts match mine to a very large extent

@jadtiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509262) said:
Hmm this has been quite the thread to read through. I've been around for a long time. Not as long as some but longer than most. I tend to drift in and out as my outside life allows and my interest in league oscilates. If I hear something that may be of interest to the forum I post it.

I've got no serious objection to change. I don't mind a loosening of swearing censorship but I wouldn't want this to turn into the Kennel or even LU. I've never bothered to join LU as it seems all personal vitriol and pubic wig talk. So I'm not in favour of something like that.

I don't know the particulars of Willow and Cochise being punted. I don't know them personally but I've had several public and private chats with them and get along with both of them.

To be honest I've had very few major disputes (of a hostile nature) on this forum. Usually it's only been with the racist or hom'phobic (apparently the full word is censored) crowd or when I've been in a bad frame of mind (and usually this passes pretty fast). I've had some good disagreements particularly on politics but generally even people with considerably different political views have been courteous to me and I hope vice versa.

What does this all mean? I dunno to be honest. I guess I'm trying to say I've got no dramas with disagreements and opposing POVs. As much as I respect Willow and Cochise, I'm open to mod changes. I have a great respect for the ongoing mods like Geo and Spartan. I take people as it comes - I like to think I have good forum relationships with Demps and people he may have conflict with. I like Demps for the most part! I'm keeping an open mind but if the forum becomes a place where personal attack becomes the norm I'd be drifting more out than in. Call my ideas stupid, don't call me stupid!

Anyway let's hope we start winning soon. Winning era forum was a lot more fun! Remember when where to play Tim Moltxen was our biggest problem? Good times...

You like me too?
Thanks man!

?

@macdougall said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509259) said:
@earl said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509257) said:

?

Ah yeah sorry mate I thought you thought I was arguing with him or something lol.

I thought it was funny. It shows how hard it is to have a discussion on the Internet. It ain't easy.

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509263) said:

You like me too?
Thanks man!

?

I don't dislike anybody who posts on here but your musical taste is terrible

@jadtiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509270) said:
@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509263) said:

You like me too?
Thanks man!

?

I don't dislike anybody who posts on here but your musical taste is terrible

I second that lol

Time to be happy again.

So random new person , you basically made that up to validate your arguement . There’s a whole bunch of that going on lately in all forms of life . The sheer volume of intellectual dishonesty , and bad faith arguements is puzzling . You can have your points , without making stuff up to win the internet .

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509283) said:

Time to be happy again.

So random new person , you basically made that up to validate your arguement . There’s a whole bunch of that going on lately in all forms of life . The sheer volume of intellectual dishonesty , and bad faith arguements is puzzling . You can have your points , without making stuff up to win the internet .

No need for the aggression. How are you? Are you well? Nice to meet you.
Please read ex forum moderator Cochise's reply and you will see he confirmed what i said. He knew BEFORE Kul's thread.
Why so angry?

@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509285) said:

Time to be happy again.

Please read ex forum moderator Cochise's reply and you will see he confirmed what i said. He knew BEFORE Kul's thread.
Why so angry?
[/QUOTE]

I am LOLing at this - how do you even know he is angry?

@todd-packer said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509285) said:

Time to be happy again.

Why so angry?

At what point does what I say imply I’m angry ? How on earth can you possibly detect tone or any emotion at all ? If anything , it’s more melancholy, or apathy . And no Cochise didn’t do what you said he did . Which is why I said that .
But if you want to jump at shadows go right ahead.

@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509297) said:
New era for the forum, let's see what the changes are.

I don't really thinks so. Th

**We all should continue to demand respect of each other and remember that we all love the Wests Tigers.** (even though they have been disappointing for the most part of 15 years)

Why else would be be on this site during the off season.

Were all Nut Jobs TBH.

Latest posts

Members online

Back