Apisai Koroisau #263

He's been a bit of a journey man throughout his career.....

Souths > Manly > Penrith > now Tigers.

Does he just play out his deal and chase a better deal when the time comes ?

Surely he has shown enough for a club to try and keep him long term?

Mercenary or what ?
Yeah but you know what it’s refreshing that he sees out his contracts. Which is a shame on the nrl muppet show coz it should be the norm.

Mercenary or what ?

Was at Penrith for a year before Manly...
Maybe was when they were experimenting with Wallace at Hooker and didn't have a future there,
Followed Barrett to Manly.

He's from the Inner west - Maybe he's set up out west now with a young family and didn't wanna move too far... We also paid him more than he's ever been paid.
We got him at a good time and Penrith couldn't afford to upgrade him - Eels were trying to snag Mahoney and overlooked him.

How the hell he's on 450 odd at Penrith as the games best Hooker is beyond me - He's been under the radar I feel for a while....
They got a steal.

Maybe was when they were experimenting with Wallace at Hooker and didn't have a future there,

He's from the Inner west - Maybe he's set up out west now with a young family and didn't wanna move too far... We also paid him more than he's ever been paid.
We got him at a good time and Penrith couldn't afford to upgrade him - Eels were trying to snag Mahoney and overlooked him.

How the hell he's on 450 odd at Penrith as the games best Hooker is beyond me - He's been under the radar I feel for a while....
They got a steal.
Yeah, he's legit.

I'm very interested to see the professionalism he brings to our club.

Literally the best in the game at his position and has been for some time.

> Cook

Yeah, he's legit.

I'm very interested to see the professionalism he brings to our club.

Literally the best in the game at his position and has been for some time.

> Cook

Very unheralded....
Outplayed Cook and Grant this year for sure.

I'm interested to see what he does for the Halves (Whoever they are) next year.
I also expect the Fullback (Whoever that is) to have his bootlace tied to the ball in attack the whole game...
Reckon he'll give the forwards an extra leg - Even though they're well below par....
A bit of something extra across the board won't go astray.

Yeah but you know what it’s refreshing that he sees out his contracts. Which is a shame on the nrl muppet show coz it should be the norm.
And he may just be going to highest bidder but at least he earns his money when he is there

Not just a pension top up

But wait

We haven't seen him play in a tigers jersey yet

Very unheralded....
Outplayed Cook and Grant this year for sure.

I'm interested to see what he does for the Halves (Whoever they are) next year.
I also expect the Fullback (Whoever that is) to have his bootlace tied to the ball in attack the whole game...
Reckon he'll give the forwards an extra leg - Even though they're well below par....
A bit of something extra across the board won't go astray.
There's something going on behind the scenes.
I truly believe well see some new recruits join before round 1.

Hopefully improvements to the pack.
See what happens.

See what happens.

That's it....

Everyone whinges about our public pursuit of players and it getting played out in the media.
But I don't really remember a circus around Api and Papalii last year prior to them signing....
I do however, remember being shocked by both signings.
Hopefully we get a bit more of the same this year....

There's some big dominos to fall yet, And when they do
- There'll be some shuffling and players (Money) looking to move on or be moved on....
The fallout for that will impact a few clubs - Maybe we're one of them.

Never realised how good he was. Wow.
Hope he doesn't follow in the footsteps of our other dally m winner

See what happens.
Look at how it all unfolded with him too.
I remember sharing the article from the Canberra Times and there was some initial disappointment that we weren't persisting with Hodgson.
Glad it fell through.

Last edited:

Mercenary or what ?
Who cares as long as he brings his A game I’m happy.

Look at how it all unfolded with him too.
I remember sharing the article from the Canberra Times and there was some initial disappointment that we weren't persisting with Hodgson.
Glad it fell through.
Just on that I think I saw Hodgson training with Parra at Kellyville on Monday . Maybe hoping for WC spot like Jacko.
TBH had almost forgot about him.
I think API will prove a much better option.

They got a steal.
TPA's I would imagine and I'm wondering if that's the case with us as well.
Sometimes one terrific player with high work ethics can turn a club around. Have a look at Gareth Ellis. He was a big bloke with even a bigger heart and players rallied around him.
Api is so organised at marker. Our forwards shouldn't get lost with his service and direction.
Everyone seems to be panicking because we haven't fill those backrower spots left by Kelma and Lucy but providing Papa commits and we get all our pack on deck we should move up the ladder. Players like Stef, Pole and Blore should benefit from a full rigorous preseason.

Going to struggle here. Creates space for a runner only to realise that none of our lazy ass forwards are there to do the work
Harvey your the king of the negative types we get on here.Well maybe not the king but you are in the top 4

Api will come across a winner and will bring dummy half skills we have been sadly lacking. Hopefully Papa comes across with the right attitude and is not kicking stones having left Parra without a ring. I expect he will be professional and apply his awesome line breaking, offloading and defensive plays with him. High hopes from these guys to bring a winning culture to the Tigers and the team lifts under their example next year.

Back