Apisai Koroisau #263

@tigerballs said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514199) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514171) said:
@barnzee said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514126) said:
Simpkln will be gone mate

Don’t think so mate Simpkin is still learning the ropes of anyone will be let go its Liddle the club still sees Simpkin as the next big one and Api was signed to help Simpkin as well as the team I don’t think we’ll lose Simpkin due to signing Api

The club "hopes" Simpkin is the next big thing.

Hence why they haven’t been so quick to throw Liddle away. Even though many believe they have it figured out in regards to where Simpkin stands within the club.

@tigerballs said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514199) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514171) said:
@barnzee said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514126) said:

Don’t think so mate Simpkin is still learning the ropes of anyone will be let go its Liddle the club still sees Simpkin as the next big one and Api was signed to help Simpkin as well as the team I don’t think we’ll lose Simpkin due to signing Api

They obviously see something in him to extend him before Liddle we most likely will have Liddle for 22 but after that he’s out

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514201) said:

Hence why they haven’t been so quick to throw Liddle away. Even though many believe they have it figured out in regards to where Simpkin stands within the club.

After 23 he’s out mate most likely he’s with us in 22 but after that he’s gone

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514204) said:

They obviously see something in him to extend him before Liddle we most likely will have Liddle for 22 but after that he’s out

Guess you’ve never heard the term splintering contracts.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514206) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514204) said:

Liddle wants out mate I highly doubt he’ll be let go before next year but his manager has been shopping him around he was offered to Raiders for Hodgson and Eels are keeping tabs on him for now anyway unless something happens to Simpkin before 23 either he’s gone elsewhere or seriously injured Liddle ain’t here for 2023

@kazoo-kid said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514195) said:
Damn I can't believe $650K is how much we paid for him. Feels like he should be worth more. I guess injury history is considered? Averages 18 games a season. Penrith Panthers were so much worse in the games he didn't play last year.

Yeah, I laughed when the Guru dropped a podcast right after the announcement without being aware of the dollars. He said if the Tigers paid anywhere between 700k-900k then it’s a good deal… one of the first positive podcasts that bloke has done about the Tigers since forever.

This is an Api Koroisau thread.

2023 hooker.
Hopefully sooner though, imo.

Liddle will be gone by then.
He hasn't cracked on at all.

Simpkin back up.

Just keeping the position warm until Jaycob Anjoul is ready.

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514208) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514206) said:

**Liddle wants out mate** I highly doubt he’ll be let go before next year but his manager has been shopping him around he was offered to Raiders for Hodgson and Eels are keeping tabs on him for now anyway unless something happens to Simpkin before 23 either he’s gone elsewhere or seriously injured Liddle ain’t here for 2023

That’s getting pretty boring.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514211) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514208) said:

**Liddle wants out mate** I highly doubt he’ll be let go before next year but his manager has been shopping him around he was offered to Raiders for Hodgson and Eels are keeping tabs on him for now anyway unless something happens to Simpkin before 23 either he’s gone elsewhere or seriously injured Liddle ain’t here for 2023

Well go find something else to comment on

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514213) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514211) said:

Nah, I’m right.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514215) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514213) said:

Nah, I’m right.

Either way Liddle isn’t in the clubs long term plans the only question is when he is gone and that’s most likely after next season Api was signed to help Simpkin as well as the team but he’ll be Simpkins mentor from 23

Im sure we prob would like Api for 2022. However i wonder how much we push it. We have plenty of cap room for 22 but if you sace some of that and front load extensions for Stefano and Laurie for example or even Brooks then if you think that 2023 onwards will be berter years you can fit more in moving forward. One thing the Roosters dont get enough credit for is every 4 or 5 yrs they have a average year where they let good players go and then dont replace them until the year after and use it to frontload contracts. Even 2022 for them they will lose Cordner, Friend, Morris, etc but will bring in players like Smith for 2023 allowing them to frontload in 2022

Finally some good news coming in for us long suffering fans what an exciting signing by WTs.

Happy we got Api!😁

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514218) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514215) said:

Nah, I’m right.

Either way Liddle isn’t in the clubs long term plans the only question is when he is gone and that’s most likely after next season Api was signed to help Simpkin as well as the team but he’ll be Simpkins mentor from 23

More speculation. If you can provide me a quote from the club confirming this I will apologise. Otherwise, you are talking crap

@boonboon said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514219) said:
Im sure we prob would like Api for 2022. However i wonder how much we push it. We have plenty of cap room for 22 but if you sace some of that and front load extensions for Stefano and Laurie for example or even Brooks then if you think that 2023 onwards will be berter years you can fit more in moving forward. One thing the Roosters dont get enough credit for is every 4 or 5 yrs they have a average year where they let good players go and then dont replace them until the year after and use it to frontload contracts. Even 2022 for them they will lose Cordner, Friend, Morris, etc but will bring in players like Smith for 2023 allowing them to frontload in 2022

If Laurie goes down and Dillon somehow gets in the top 30 and plays... it's all over.

This kid is up next.
Keep an eye on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if magpie's win the cup grand final next year.

🔥🔥🔥

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514221) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514218) said:

Nah, I’m right.

More speculation. If you can provide me a quote from the club confirming this I will apologise. Otherwise, you are talking crap

Don’t want and never want an apology from you mate because I highly doubt you will mean it the club isn’t gonna come out and say that no club does if they are smart they make the moves first before letting it known what’s happening besides Liddle and Madge aren’t getting along from what I keep hearing from my mate who actually knows what goes on behind the scenes Liddle isn’t part of the clubs long terms plans you don’t have to believe me and frankly I don’t care if you do or don’t but either way don’t be surprised when Liddle is gone mate

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514224) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514221) said:

Nah, I’m right.

Don’t want and never want an apology from you mate because I highly doubt you will mean it the club isn’t gonna come out and say that no club does if they are smart they make the moves first before letting it known what’s happening besides Liddle and Madge aren’t getting along from what I keep hearing from my mate who actually knows what goes on behind the scenes Liddle isn’t part of the clubs long terms plans you don’t have to believe me and frankly I don’t care if you do or don’t but either way don’t be surprised when Liddle is gone mate

Liddle was already supposed to be gone.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514227) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514224) said:

Nah, I’m right.

If Tigers aren’t getting Api early which I doubt they will Liddle will be here for 22 than 23 he’s out if no club signs him for 23 he’ll just be in reserve grade unless absolutely needed

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514230) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1514227) said:

Nah, I’m right.

If Tigers aren’t getting Api early which I doubt they will Liddle will be here for 22 than 23 he’s out if no club signs him for 23 he’ll just be in reserve grade unless absolutely needed

Captain of Wyong Roos.
Where he will be king of the league.

Members online

Back