Are the NRL really in control of the game ?

There you go 21st minute GC V CR .
try given by ref
then try confirmed
then try overruled
pps this is not how the system works
Did you see it.
please tell me your view.

There you go 21st minute GC V CR .
try given by ref
then try confirmed
then try overruled
pps this is not how the system works
Did you see it.
please tell me your view.
I saw that as well. Clearing said try confirmed on screen and a few replays later no try. Not sure who controls the tv graphic

I saw that as well. Clearing said try confirmed on screen and a few replays later no try. Not sure who controls the tv graphic
Yeah , I’m upholding peace and disputed it with my mate , rewind KAYO , you have got to love our own bunkers. These guys are seriously troubled. PPS check it out , this further proves our case , and also last night someone took 13 seconds from the whistle to captain challenge , thats why I repeat , few games back while in possession of ball, scrum penalty , turn ball over , weeelllllll

The internal battles inside the numb nuts head.

peter V landiy the end 🎯

We always get robbed by the refs
Nothing new here
And here’s another one

Btw the AFL reversed a decision after the game why couldn’t the nrl do the same after the cowboys game 🤷‍♂️

Aka siren gate

The man who introduced NRL to bunker concept warned it could get out of control. They didn’t listen​

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

July 30, 2022 — 6.45pm

The man responsible for introducing the bunker concept to the NRL has revealed he always feared the type of debacle that robbed Wests Tigers of victory last Sunday would occur if the NRL didn’t heed his advice and limit its use to only adjudicating on tries.
The bunker has come under fire for a series of contentious interventions, headlined by the Tigers’ decision to hire a leading silk in a bid to overturn the result from last weekend’s loss to North Queensland.

https://weststigersforum.com/javascript:void(0);
NRL admits error that robbed Tigers

The NRL has admitted the Bunker made a crucial error which costs Wests Tigers victory against the Cowboys
Some pundits have even called for the bunker to be scrapped altogether, believing the move will result in less controversy and stoppages.
Rick Williams is in a position to provide a unique perspective. The former ice hockey referee played a crucial role in introducing the technology to rugby league when he arranged for NRL officials Graham Annesley, Tony Archer and Nathan McGuirk to tour the NHL’s equivalent, called the “situation room”, about 15 years ago.

After witnessing how the video review worked during a New Jersey Devils-Los Angeles Kings game, the league officials decided the NRL could benefit from its own version.
Williams’ only word of warning to the trio was to limit the bunker’s use strictly to adjudicating on tries. Reflecting on the NRL’s current problems, he believes it could have been avoided if his advice was heeded.

Wests Tigers’ Jackson Hastings comes to terms with the after-the-siren loss to the Cowwboys.

“They have gone well beyond what it was designed for,” Williams said. “When they first started, the guys in the bunker were too involved, they were calling everything.
“It has one function in the NHL – goals. Everything else, the referee deals with on the field. If there are consequences afterwards, the tribunal can deal with it.

“When it first started, I said to Graham, ‘you are getting guys into the bunker who want to referee the game. You can’t do that, it’s not right.’ That’s the way it has gone, which is unfortunate.
“It’s a brilliant tool for them, but it should just be for scoring. It’s just gone further and further and this is what happens.”
Williams, an Australia-based Canadian, who has officiated ice jockey at Olympic level, said the over-reliance on the bunker would always lead to the type of drama that overshadowed the Tigers-Cowboys game.
“The game was over, and then they got the call from the bunker and I went, ‘oh no,’” Williams said.

“I would have just tapped on my ear [if I was the referee] and said, ‘Sorry, I can’t hear you’ and got the hell out of there. Let the referee make the decision. I wouldn’t want to be a referee in the NRL, my head would explode.
“The referees must be frustrated because every time something happens they get someone in their earpiece saying, ‘We’ve got to take a look at this.’ Just let them do their job.”
The NHL’s ‘situation room’ is the inspiration for the NRL’s bunker.

Andrew Johns’ referenced Williams in his most recent Herald column and agreed the bunker should only be used for try reviews.
Williams said the NHL avoided the controversies plaguing league by having former coaches and players in the situation room and limiting what they could rule on.

“It’s been working in the NHL for nearly 20 years, and it’s seamless, no worries at all,” he said. “Everyone is happy with it. [The NRL] have gone well beyond what it was designed for.”
Asked if the NRL would be better off without the bunker, the 66-year-old said: “The way it is used now, yes. It’s interrupting the game. But if it is just for scoring [it’s worth keeping].
“It’s brilliant for what it is designed for, but nothing else.”

Bad news. We got robbed again. We finally start coming good and the season is ending. FIRST WORLD WT PROBLEMS.

What the NRL done last week to us v NQ was highway robbery.
🎯What the NRL has done in distorting the ladder, will have season ending ramifications. Its best interest for other clubs to jump on our bandwagon before the real effects hit home. REVERSE THE 2 PTS NOW🎯

Tonight at 6 it will be 8 days since we were robbed. The NRL created shenanigans with their presser and think they have addressed the issue. The new issue , 8 days and counting , don’t be spiteful and ruin the finals series you losers, fix the problem. BUNKO🎯

Reactions: BZN

The man who introduced NRL to bunker concept warned it could get out of control. They didn’t listen​

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

July 30, 2022 — 6.45pm

The man responsible for introducing the bunker concept to the NRL has revealed he always feared the type of debacle that robbed Wests Tigers of victory last Sunday would occur if the NRL didn’t heed his advice and limit its use to only adjudicating on tries.
The bunker has come under fire for a series of contentious interventions, headlined by the Tigers’ decision to hire a leading silk in a bid to overturn the result from last weekend’s loss to North Queensland.

https://weststigersforum.com/javascript:void(0);

The NRL has admitted the Bunker made a crucial error which costs Wests Tigers victory against the Cowboys
Some pundits have even called for the bunker to be scrapped altogether, believing the move will result in less controversy and stoppages.
Rick Williams is in a position to provide a unique perspective. The former ice hockey referee played a crucial role in introducing the technology to rugby league when he arranged for NRL officials Graham Annesley, Tony Archer and Nathan McGuirk to tour the NHL’s equivalent, called the “situation room”, about 15 years ago.

After witnessing how the video review worked during a New Jersey Devils-Los Angeles Kings game, the league officials decided the NRL could benefit from its own version.
Williams’ only word of warning to the trio was to limit the bunker’s use strictly to adjudicating on tries. Reflecting on the NRL’s current problems, he believes it could have been avoided if his advice was heeded.

Wests Tigers’ Jackson Hastings comes to terms with the after-the-siren loss to the Cowwboys.

“They have gone well beyond what it was designed for,” Williams said. “When they first started, the guys in the bunker were too involved, they were calling everything.
“It has one function in the NHL – goals. Everything else, the referee deals with on the field. If there are consequences afterwards, the tribunal can deal with it.

“When it first started, I said to Graham, ‘you are getting guys into the bunker who want to referee the game. You can’t do that, it’s not right.’ That’s the way it has gone, which is unfortunate.
“It’s a brilliant tool for them, but it should just be for scoring. It’s just gone further and further and this is what happens.”
Williams, an Australia-based Canadian, who has officiated ice jockey at Olympic level, said the over-reliance on the bunker would always lead to the type of drama that overshadowed the Tigers-Cowboys game.
“The game was over, and then they got the call from the bunker and I went, ‘oh no,’” Williams said.

“I would have just tapped on my ear [if I was the referee] and said, ‘Sorry, I can’t hear you’ and got the hell out of there. Let the referee make the decision. I wouldn’t want to be a referee in the NRL, my head would explode.
“The referees must be frustrated because every time something happens they get someone in their earpiece saying, ‘We’ve got to take a look at this.’ Just let them do their job.”

Andrew Johns’ referenced Williams in his most recent Herald column and agreed the bunker should only be used for try reviews.
Williams said the NHL avoided the controversies plaguing league by having former coaches and players in the situation room and limiting what they could rule on.

“It’s been working in the NHL for nearly 20 years, and it’s seamless, no worries at all,” he said. “Everyone is happy with it. [The NRL] have gone well beyond what it was designed for.”
Asked if the NRL would be better off without the bunker, the 66-year-old said: “The way it is used now, yes. It’s interrupting the game. But if it is just for scoring [it’s worth keeping].
“It’s brilliant for what it is designed for, but nothing else.”
There was no tik tok before the bunko

Back