Are the NRL really in control of the game ?

What happened on Sunday night was absolutely farcical and top off the fact that the nrl admitted the mistake yet will do [This word has been automatically removed] all to rectify it goes to show what an absolute shit show this game is right now.

The smell of nepotism and incompetence stinks to high heaven from top to bottom in the entire nrl organisation, and it's blatantly on show each and every week in one way or another.

Anyone in the PR business will tell you, how you handle a disaster is a bigger thing than the disaster. Manly came out from the start and said they had stuffed up big time. They did not try and hide the stuff up under a ton of spin. They gained a lot of respect for that, on the other hand all the NRL did was create a situation where you think they were deliberately trying to hide something .

I have no doubts the NRL are trying to hide something,at the very least they are trying to protect the referees inbuilt bias policy towards certain teams

Just putting it out there. Don’t you think our players should be able to air their grievances via media, they deserve to , they ultimately had the game stolen from them . I’d like the players feelings and take.
come on WT put some up on your web site. Clue more clicks.

The players can pull at heartstrings , as I was sure heartbroken that day.

A mate of mind reckons his mate told him ipaps don’t have no get out clause, I hope this rumour is REALLY true.

Don't forget to not watch footy on TV nrl are still trying to sweep it under the table.

Don't forget to not watch footy on TV nrl are still trying to sweep it under the table.
Sorry mate it’s already under the table. Nothing in the NRl lingers for very wrong. Maybe the average NRL supporter has Avery short level of concentration. The people at HQ know that most bad smells blow away in a day or two. So bunker down, say as little as possible and admit to as little as possible and either another drama or a match day will capture the punters full attention

Sorry mate it’s already under the table. Nothing in the NRl lingers for very wrong. Maybe the average NRL supporter has Avery short level of concentration. The people at HQ know that most bad smells blow away in a day or two. So bunker down, say as little as possible and admit to as little as possible and either another drama or a match day will capture the punters full attention

Take a stand

Take a stand
Mate at the end of the day it’s only a game of football, okay the punters might have had their finger’s burnt and it may have been the howler of all howlers, it may also reek of foul play, but compared to what’s going on in our world, it’s a pimple on a elephants back

Mate at the end of the day it’s only a game of football, okay the punters might have had their finger’s burnt and it may have been the howler of all howlers, it may also reek of foul play, but compared to what’s going on in our world, it’s a pimple on a elephants back

Nrl is an empty corporation.

It's really not that great.

Even Folau's wife is rightfully calling out NRL hypocrisy. Bring back Super League, the NRL sucks.
Qantas CEO dickhead Al Joyce
Killed Izzy's career & 30 year deal
with the Wallabies, laid off
Workers, got 2 billion in COVID
Payments and bought a 19 mill
home in the north shore 😆

Qantas CEO dickhead Al Joyce
Killed Izzy's career & 30 year deal
with the Wallabies, laid off
Workers, got 2 billion in COVID
Payments and bought a 19 mill
home in the north shore 😆
Mate worked therefor 40 years, Dixon and now Joyce have blood on their hands. Qantas management is a mile lower than the NRl

How many times on this forum do I see posters complaining about fans settling for mediocrity?
This post epitomises the acceptance of mediocrity.
What happened at the end of the Crookboys v Wests Tigers game basically made the playing of the game redundant. The refs decided the outcome. The 80 minutes of play that preceded the referees decision was therefore rendered irrelevant.
The NRL has not satisfactorily addressed this even though they have admitted fault.
From this point forward any NRL game can be made irrelevant by a simple referees decision. The effort of any team can be completely undermined at random with the support of the NRL hierarchy.
Anyone prepared to accept that, or worse still, defend that, is by definition, prepared to accept mediocrity.

How many times on this forum do I see posters complaining about fans settling for mediocrity?
What happened at the end of the Crookboys v Wests Tigers game basically made the playing of the game redundant. The refs decided the outcome. The 80 minutes of play that preceded the referees decision was therefore rendered irrelevant.
The NRL has not satisfactorily addressed this even though they have admitted fault.
From this point forward any NRL game can be made irrelevant by a simple referees decision. The effort of any team can be completely undermined at random with the support of the NRL hierarchy.
Anyone prepared to accept that, or worse still, defend that, is by definition, prepared to accept mediocrity.

Agree mate.

They overload you with content and you do not realise how crap it is.

You don't realise how better off you are without shows like 360 who have creeped the show into a DT domination.

NRL games are just as bad.

Agree 100% and I have made over 100 posts, emails and comments on various open forums since Klein played god, Iam I satisfied how the NRL have handled the situation..no way,Iam I surprised…not at all…will anything happen…no

As crapy as it is, at the end of the day it’s a game of football, and we live in a world that is starting to crumble on all fronts.

i gave up on all tv long ago, except the actual games and WT news only , if I’m aware and I just wait to view it. Radio I like.
I would do anything to go back to a day when HOLLYWOOD AND ZORBA callEd the game. Ah MAGOO side line eye.

Agree 100% and I have made over 100 posts, emails and comments on various open forums since Klein played god, Iam I satisfied how the NRL have handled the situation..no way,Iam I surprised…not at all…will anything happen…no

As crapy as it is, at the end of the day it’s a game of football, and we live in a world that is starting to crumble on all fronts.
Indeed, but accepting the farcical pantomime that the NRL has become hastens that crumbling one NRL game at a time.
Oh look my bank made a mistake. They misplaced $10,000 from my account and haven't returned it. They aren't going to refund my account but at least they have admitted their mistake. Oh well, they do their best.
Truly, the NRL is now a joke by their own admission. Games are meaningless by their own admission. What is the point of wasting two hours, watching meaningless pantomime?
Where do we go from here unless they fix it?

Last edited:

Staff online

Back